RobK
Topic Author

What Is Iceland Express Doing In US/Caribbean?

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:42 pm

Greetings all,

Just listening to the Caribbean HF network and heard JXX143A submitting a position report. According to sources JXX = Iceland Express, so what's he doing over there and where is he going to/coming from?!

Anyone have any info?

R

flyboy_se

RE: What Is Iceland Express Doing In US/Caribbean?

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:56 pm

Iceland Express is FHE.
I think an icelandic airline called Jet X or something similar operates under JXX.I think they mostly fly charter.could be wrong tho.
As they often lease their planes with crew it shouldent be a surprise to see them far away from home
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter

RobK
Topic Author

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:07 am

Quoting Flyboy_se (Reply 1):
Iceland Express is FHE.
I think an icelandic airline called Jet X or something similar operates under JXX.I think they mostly fly charter.could be wrong tho.
As they often lease their planes with crew it shouldent be a surprise to see them far away from home

Are you sure about this? According to ICAO doc 8585, FHE belongs to Hello AG of Switzerland. JXX is listed against Iceland Express, former name Jet X.

R

RJ100

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:19 am

Swiss based HELLO operates all flights on behalf of Iceland Express. The company, which operates 6 MD-90s therefore has stationed three aircraft in Keflavik.

Regards,
RJ100
none

debonair

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:40 am

Quoting RobK (Thread starter):
Anyone have any info?

well it is this one:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Alan Lebeda

Well there is a BIG problem... ICELAND EXPRESS is not an airline-without any AOC! It is leasing a/c from different companies! Last Year Iceland Express leased 2 MD80 from JetX- so the flights numbers were JXX000! Many sources in the internet still saying JXX=Iceland Express! Wrong!

Now Iceland Express is leasing MD90 of HELLO Swiss! So the flight-code changed to FHE...

This winter travel-agency "heimsferdir"- also without any AOC, also not an airline, leased a B737 of AUSTRIA/LAUDA- operated by JetX, on lease from AUSTRIA/LAUDA! Thats the reason why JXX-code. heimsferdir is e.g. flying from Keflavík to Varadero... Thats the reason why JXX-code in the caribbean... Clear? Complicated!  Big grin

BTW: how can I tune in Caribbean HF network?

RobK
Topic Author

Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:39 am

Thanks for the informative reply Debonair! Another source has confirmed it was OE-LNK too, a 737-800!

Re the HF feed, you can listen online via the receivers on the dxtuners.com site although you have to share with other listeners who may wish to listen to something else not aviation related.

R

dutchjet

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:03 am

Quoting Debonair (Reply 4):
Clear? Complicated!

Thanks for the very good explanation of a very complicated situation....

Plane Holland

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:50 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 6):
Thanks for the very good explanation of a very complicated situation....

over 6000 posts and 6 years on this board and you call this complicated..  Sad

dutchjet

Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:13 am

Quoting Plane Holland (Reply 7):

over 6000 posts and 6 years on this board and you call this complicated..

Yes.......I guess that I am not as clever as you are.

The poster did an excellent job explaining why a Lauda aircraft, with unusual titles, is operating the flights discussed.

debonair

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:59 am

Quoting Plane Holland (Reply 7):
over 6000 posts and 6 years on this board and you call this complicated..

How about this one... Flew this year from Stockholm to Helsinki on SWEDISH FlyMe. Pilot was a French guy ex ALEXANDAIR GREECE, Co-Pilot was an Italian of (lsd. fr.) NordicLeisure opb. by NordicAirways, A/C was an ex AUSTRIAN AIRLINES MD-80 with ERITREAN AIRLINES titels and sub-chartered from mapJET of AUSTRIA, cabin crew consisted of one ex Niki, one ex AeroFlight and two ex AeroLloyd Austria attendants!

Hopefully this is not too complicated for you...  duck 

Plane Holland

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:24 pm

It's funny these situations , I like seeing planes in a total different environment. We have Transavia and their planes are all over the world sometimes when they normally should be only in Europe.