JasYHZ
Topic Author

Continental Airlines Special Service Request

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:20 am

Good Evening Everyone,

I have some friends travelling to SAL tomorrow from YHZ (actually YHZ-EWR-IAH-SAL) and are booked on CO out and back (from what I can see it's a "Y" booking code all the way). They are both elderly and hard of hearing (one pax is deaf in one ear and only has 15% hearing in the other) and therefore will need some help locating gates, navigating around the airports and making sure they're aware of boarding announcements and such.

Online I've looked at the different options from the drop down menu on their reservation, but none meet the MAAS (Meet and Assist) code that I'm used to using with carriers such as AC. I know MAAS is dependent on staffing and such, but I'd just like to know soemone will be close by to help them if need be.

Does CO offer this type of service to it's passengers and how can I go about getting it added to their reservation? Any CO staff on tonight that can give me advice?

Thanks, JasYHZ
"That's it! You just made the list!"

MEACEDAR

RE: Continental Airlines Special Service Request

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:26 am

Oh yes, I am pretty sure CO offers this. I think you need to call CO before anything. And do it quick. If DL, UA, AA, AC, B6, F9, FL, and WN offer this, CO most certain does to. CALL CO IS THE BEST OPTION.

EMBQA

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 am

Quoting JasYHZ (Thread starter):
Does CO offer this type of service to it's passengers and how can I go about getting it added to their reservation?

Call Continental and ask....???
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

lincoln

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:32 pm

Continental will Meet and Assist if staffing is available... I've never had reason to use that or any other SSR, but I have seem others met, and CO seems to take especially good care of them.

If you're an agent, I would call CO's Agency/Executive Accounts Desk (if you have your agency's IATA number, go to Continental.com, click on Travel Agents, sign in, then click "Contact Continental" for the phone number). [You may also be able to claim the PNR from the agency website and do what you're trying to do directly]

If you're not an agent, call reservations (1-800-523-FARE [3723] for domestic / 1-800-231-0856 for International) or customer care (1-800-WE-CARE-2) and tell them what you're trying to do. It will, of course, help greatly if you have the PNR number, pax names, and dates of travel.

If all else fails, the pax can request the service at airport check-in. Of course, the more advance notice, the more likely it is to happen.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

CALMSP

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:26 pm

yes you will be taken care of in both EWR/IAH...........i cant speak for SAL/YHZ.........but we have contract personnel meet and push wheelchairs/electic carts from gate to gate.