Aviacentre
Topic Author

F9 Ramper Run Over By Plane At DEN

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:05 am

A Frontier Ramp agent slipped on ice at Denver causing his leg to be run over by the aircraft's nose gear. Not the most pleasing topic to report on, but best of luck to him nonetheless!

Quote:
...a Frontier Airlines ramp agent was putting the wedges around the wheels of a plane to stop it at the gate.

The employee slipped on ice and the nose gear of the aircraft rolled over his leg, officials say.

Officials at DIA say the employee suffered a severe leg injury and was taken to the hospital, with assistance from paramedics at DIA.

Denver Post: http://test.denverpost.com/news/ci_4766264

[Edited 2006-12-04 01:15:52]
Proud Graduate of UND Aerospace

Indy

RE: F9 Ramper Run Over By Plane At DEN

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:15 am

Ouch. I hope they are able to save his leg.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

Iloveboeing

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:22 am

Outch! I hope he's ok, as well.

HPLASOps

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:30 am

Quoting Aviacentre (Thread starter):
a Frontier Airlines ramp agent was putting the wedges around the wheels of a plane to stop it at the gate.

Sorry for this to happen to the ramper, but this does sound a little fishy. Why would the ramper be putting chocks ("wedges", WTF?) on a plane that was still moving? I could maybe understand if he/she was 3 feet or so, slipped, and because the entire area was icy, slipped all the way underneath the tires, but I would think that would a little extreme. US recently changed ramp safety procedures so that chocks can no longer be inside the safety circle while the plane was pulling into the gate. The chocks are to be brought in after the plane has come to a full stop. I don't know what F9's ground ops manual currently says about chock placement, but I'm sure this will cause them to review and adjust if necessary.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

TusAadvantage

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:43 am

With the ever increasing size of Americans, and all of that fancy F9 IFE, I would imagine that it would have hurt a great deal. It seems like ice related accidents should happen more often than they do. With 1000s of aircraft movements occuring at icey airports everyday, I would imagine lots of slippages and broken bones would happen. Anyway, I hope the guy's leg isn't permanently out of comission.

davestanKSAN

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:41 am

Sad ouch. Uggh I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

I remember one time when an aircraft pulled into the gate and I was putting the chocks on the nose gear. Well the plane stopped on the mark and I was on my way to put the chocks on and all of a suddent the aircraft started to roll forward. What had happened was the PIC's seat had slid back and his feet came off the brakes. So the F/O had to jump on them. It was scary for sure.

Anyway I hope this Ramper's leg is okay!!

Please be careful out there guys.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

FL370

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:34 pm

i dont' wanna imagine the pain the man is going through!! hope hes ok though.

best regards

fl370

F9Animal

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:49 pm

This is very sad news indeed. Anyone that gets hurt on the ramp is very hard, especially as close as the F9 ramp is as a team. The most powerful message sent in this incident is, that the ramp job is a dangerous job. In icy conditions, it is beyond important to use extra caution. I WOULD IMAGINE that the ramper was chocking the forward nose gear, and if the ramper was holding the chocks in the arms or hands, it adds extra top body weight. In that case, a slip on ice increases the lower body momentum. I was carrying chocks once on a slippery deicing fluid on the ground, and took a slip that almost caused a back injury (not with Frontier btw). Thank goodness the aircraft was not pulling into the gate, as we were just setting up for an arrival. I am obviously taking a guess at the situation, as I have no idea on how it happened. Without knowing the specifics, I have always frowned upon anyone standing in the circle of safety when an aircraft is approaching the line.

I certainly hope the ramper is okay, and I hope for a speedy recovery. Most importantly, I hope his leg is given a clean bill of health.

HP had a few unfortunate cases, but IIRC the leg injuries happened during pushback. These situations cause good argument to those that think the ramp job is easy. Rampers earn every penny and dime on the job.

[Edited 2006-12-04 05:51:02]
I Am A Different Animal!!

lightsaber
Crew

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:57 pm

I wish the ramper the best.

Aircraft are dangerous and unfortunately this punctuated that. The shear weight and energy involved with any movement of a mainline airframe is impressive...

I hope this individual has a full recovery.

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

fxramper

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:58 pm

We don't let anyone go inside the line before the beacons go off...plane is parked and brakes applied.

I hope the airline doesn't try to withhold any funds for hospitalization.

Sad

F9Animal

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:59 pm

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 3):
I don't know what F9's ground ops manual currently says about chock placement, but I'm sure this will cause them to review and adjust if necessary.

F9 has the same protocol as HP/US when chocking aircraft. Unfortunately, sometimes procedures get forgotten, especially when rampers get comfortable with the job. When you work a gazillion flights, one tends to get fancy or get rushed, and sometimes fancy and rushing can get one hurt. I say this, because any injury I have ever faced was because I was too comfortable, and did not follow procedure. Another injury as a great example was when I hurt my back. I did not bend at the knees, because it was a wimpy little duffel bag. Sadly, the duffel bag was full of bowling balls. OUCH!!! The result of the investigation found fault on my part, and I learned a valuable lesson. Luckily, every lesson I have ever learned, found me recovering fully.

FlyDeltaJets87

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:03 pm

Quoting Aviacentre (Thread starter):
Quote:
...a Frontier Airlines ramp agent was putting the wedges around the wheels of a plane to stop it at the gate.

The employee slipped on ice and the nose gear of the aircraft rolled over his leg, officials say.

Officials at DIA say the employee suffered a severe leg injury and was taken to the hospital, with assistance from paramedics at DIA.

Now I don't want to jump to conclusions, because I know how much the media sucks at reporting aviation-related stories like not knowing the difference between a gate and a runway. But if this part of the story is true, what was the guy doing trying to chock the aircraft while it was still moving?   

Quoting TUSaadvantage (Reply 4):
With the ever increasing size of Americans, and all of that fancy F9 IFE

Because getting run over by a plane weighing 110,000 lbs. hurts so much less getting run over by a plane weighing 115,000 lbs.   

*Edited for spelling and grammar

[Edited 2006-12-04 06:31:47]
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

fxramper

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:06 pm

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 10):
procedures get forgotten

this could come back to haunt the employee if it was his fault...  no 

again, I'm sorry to hear about it, hope the employee is okay.

emiratesa345

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:20 pm

Quoting Indy (Reply 1):
Ouch. I hope they are able to save his leg.

If the wheel rolled right over his leg like I'm imagining, then the leg is gone.

A friend of mine was telling me what a bus did to a woman's head when the rear duals rolled over it. "Flat as piss on a plate," he described it as.

If a 30,000 lb. transit bus did that, this airplane would have done far worse or the same, assuming that the wheel rolled right over his leg.

Mark
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

litz

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:29 pm

One thing those of y'all who don't work around real heavy stuff have to realize is how careful you have to be at all times ...

We railroaders have a rule : always expect the train to move. Period.

It's simply the best and safest way to deal with something that's far larger, and far heavier than you are.

And trains don't have nice rubber tires like airplanes, trucks, and busses do.

This sounds like an unfortunate accident ... a terrible reminder that everyone has to be careful at all times, regardless of what kind of transportation industry you work in ...

Y'all think twice before you move, and be extra careful on that ice ...

- litz

phatfarmlines

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:41 pm

With the ever increasing size of Americans, and all of that fancy F9 IFE, I would imagine that it would have hurt a great deal.

I don't think it would make any difference if it was with or without payload.

mariner

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:43 pm

Really sad news.

I haven't been anle to find anything more in the press since that first item - anyone heard anything?

mariner
aeternum nauta

United777atGU

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:59 pm

I, too, wish the F9 ramper the best during this traumatic time... I think most people have covered what I would like to say.

I do want to make a comment on one of my greatest worries: hydraulic fluid and planes collapsing. You know those pics in the database with planes on their booties (butt) or noses? That can be caused by hydraulic fluid, among other causes. I always fear that when I walk under a plane (any plane of course, but particularly under widebodies--767, 777, 747), it will just collapse the moment I get right in the middle and I won't be able to run away. In the winter, we all (not all, but most of us at UA IADCG) like to go under the plane to warm up because it shoots out such hot air! It feels good when its about 0 degrees F outside!!

I wish the guy a speedy recovery. GB.
Speechless

HAWK21M

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:06 pm

Shouldn't the chocks be put in place after Engines are shutdown.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

scottieprecord

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:23 pm

I can't imagine the plane ran fully over the leg unless it had decent forward momentum... in which case, the ramper would not have been close to the gear.

Perhaps the plane shifted a bit, normally absorbed by the chocks, but the ramper's leg was there instead?? I don't know... this report just doesn't sound right as is.

DCrawley

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:32 pm

Quoting EmiratesA345 (Reply 13):
A friend of mine was telling me what a bus did to a woman's head when the rear duals rolled over it. "Flat as piss on a plate," he described it as.

I pray that no one has to EVER see something like that. In July or August I witnessed a 54 year old man, on I-5 mile marker 79 or 80 (you can find the report on the Washington State Trooper's website under press releases), riding his Harley Davidson 1 car length in front of me have his brakes lock at 80 miles per hour and his motorcycle flip with his head and right arm landing under the rear duals of a semi truck. I skidded through his brain and part of his remaining body in my new Silverado. I can only imagine what the front gear of a jet would do to your body. I pray for this F9 worker.
"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but they'll try to have them fixed before we arrive."

VonRichtofen

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:11 pm

The result of the investigation found fault on my part, and I learned a valuable lesson. Luckily, every lesson I have ever learned, found me recovering fully.

Did the check in agents place a "heavy" warning tag on the bag? If not, then you're not at fault.

Kris

flydreamliner

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:59 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 9):
I hope the airline doesn't try to withhold any funds for hospitalization.

I really hope so too. I would hope they would feel for this guy, who is a member of their family, and this being the holidays.

Quoting Phatfarmlines (Reply 15):
With the ever increasing size of Americans, and all of that fancy F9 IFE, I would imagine that it would have hurt a great deal.

I don't think it would make any difference if it was with or without payload.

I think a 140 passenger aircraft is sufficiently larger in proportion to a human leg that it doesn't matter if it if loaded or not.

I wish this guy, who was just doing his best at his job, the speediest of recoveries and best of wishes. Even if he got fancy and careless in his job, he was doing the best he could, trying to get the job done as quick as he could, as I'm sure he was busy. I think we will need more facts on this to truly understand exactly what happened anyhow.
"Let the world change you, and you can change the world"

kaddyuk

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:51 pm

I'm sure the guy wasn't stupid enough to chock the aircraft while it was moving. rather he walked up to the airframe ready for when it did stop.

A British Airways engineer in South Africa not too long ago had the same happen, the main wheel rolled over his leg after he fell over infront of the approaching aircraft. They had to amputate his leg.

I'm always cautious when approaching a moving aircraft but no one should start calling this guy an idiot unless they were there and knew exactly what the guy was trying to do.
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

spootter10

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:18 pm

Quoting DCrawley (Reply 20):
I skidded through his brain and part of his remaining body in my new Silverado.

no  What an appropraite comment......

Gary2880

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:11 pm

Just lucky the aircraft didn't think they reached the chocks and stopped on on top of his leg. obviously the pilots wouldn't be able to see the poor guy, would they feel any 'bump' in the cockpit, if not would someone have to frantically wave at them saying to move forward a bit more?
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

SkyexRamper

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:32 pm

Much luck to the poor guy, hope he is better than ever shortly. I once had a fully fueled 172P run my foot over cause it rolled back on me while I was try to push it up an icy incline into a hanger, and that gave my foot a nice hurting feeling for a bit. No way in heck can I imagine getting run over by an airbus. Really hope the plane just rolled right over and didn't stop on the poor guy.
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

acefreighter

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:10 pm

Kaddyuk - it was actually a South African Airways engineer who fell under the wheels of a BA 747 arriving in JNB. He was walking under the aircraft while it was moving. Thats against both BA and SAA procedures. Very sad.

MiCorazonAzul

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:50 pm

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 3):
Sorry for this to happen to the ramper, but this does sound a little fishy. Why would the ramper be putting chocks ("wedges", WTF?) on a plane that was still moving? I could maybe understand if he/she was 3 feet or so, slipped, and because the entire area was icy, slipped all the way underneath the tires, but I would think that would a little extreme. US recently changed ramp safety procedures so that chocks can no longer be inside the safety circle while the plane was pulling into the gate. The chocks are to be brought in after the plane has come to a full stop. I don't know what F9's ground ops manual currently says about chock placement, but I'm sure this will cause them to review and adjust if necessary.

More than likely he started to approach the A/C as it was pulling in. At that point , probably slipped right at the same time as the A/C was close to him giving the marshaller no time to stop the A/C in time. This is EXACTLY why I always tell my guys to stay outside of the buffer zone until the A/C has come to a COMPLETE stop. If this ramper had done so, this wouldn't have happened. But more than likely, he approached early and it had a terrible result.
Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.

nkops

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:26 pm

Unfortunately, sometimes procedures get forgotten, especially when rampers get comfortable with the job.

the most dangerous part of any job (especially when working around machinery) can be repetition. Doing the same thing over and over, you can sometimes tend to forget certain safety guidelines... I know I have before, but luckily nothing ever happened.

Anyway, best of luck to him for a full recovery
:evil:

Goldenshield

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting Nkops (Reply 29):
the most dangerous part of any job (especially when working around machinery) can be repetition. Doing the same thing over and over, you can sometimes tend to forget certain safety guidelines... I know I have before, but luckily nothing ever happened.

The strange thing about monotonous repetition is that while things pretty much become second nature to you, you are put in a very dangerous position since complacency can rear its ugly head into the mix. While it may not be right to speculate why it happened, I feel that complacency may have played a part in the accident.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

hiflyer

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:53 pm

First off does F9 leave brakes set while on blox or release breaks once the chocks are in?

Some carriers leave them set...other carriers release them to avoid brake hub warping and faster cooling.

Reason is that if the cockpit released brakes thinking all chocks in and rolled back an employee putting chocks in would probably slip trying to get the heck out of the way on an icy surface.

What one carrier does does not apply to all...every carrier is different and yet per FAA every carrier is correct...it's how each carrier defines and has it's procedures approved.

falstaff

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:41 am

Quoting Litz (Reply 14):
We railroaders have a rule : always expect the train to move. Period.

My dad is in the railroad business and not only does he follow that rule, but also assume every track is active.

I used to work with and around railroad equipment all the time and those two rules were always with me.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

jetset7e7

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:43 am

The procedure we have at Swissport at MAN, is that chocks are put in once engines have been shut down, and beacon switched off. Then the "chocks in" signal is given to the captain with hand signals, or headset intercom, so if he wishes he can release the brakes.

If the aircraft requires Ground Power before shut down, the brakes on signal must be received from the captain, before placing chocks on the nose wheel, and power inserted.

I wish him a quick recovery, people sometimes don't know how dangerous it is out there.

Mark
Retrofitted Blended Winglets - The Future Is On The Wing

USPIT10L

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:55 am

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 7):
I was carrying chocks once on a slippery deicing fluid on the ground, and took a slip that almost caused a back injury (not with Frontier btw). Thank goodness the aircraft was not pulling into the gate, as we were just setting up for an arrival.

I've slipped on the ramp myself as well. We also were setting up for an arrival. Once it happened just before the plane was coming to the gate. I fell and hit HARD, our ramp was so big there was no way they could de-ice or throw salt on it. If I was the older age of some of my coworkers, I probably would've broken my hip I hit so hard. Slip, BAM! That's how fast it happens. One of the million reasons NOT to work ramp.

Quoting MiCorazonAzul (Reply 28):
More than likely he started to approach the A/C as it was pulling in. At that point , probably slipped right at the same time as the A/C was close to him giving the marshaller no time to stop the A/C in time. This is EXACTLY why I always tell my guys to stay outside of the buffer zone until the A/C has come to a COMPLETE stop. If this ramper had done so, this wouldn't have happened. But more than likely, he approached early and it had a terrible result.

On a wing-mounted-engine aircraft, we never approached the wheels to chock it until the engines had stopped. The guy's lucky he didn't get jet-blasted to boot along with his leg injury.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

mariner

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:02 am

Not surprisingly, his leg was broken. He is expected to be "alright":

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10454612/detail.html

That's the only press comment I can find on his condition.

mariner
aeternum nauta

A330300

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:08 am

F9 leaves the brakes on after chocks are in.

What may have happened is these two things simultaneously:

*The ramper may have been in walking in place to position the chocks, and slipped on the ice

*The aircraft was not at its stop line yet and needed to power up - during this time, the Airbus have a tendency to start rolling backwards until enough thrust is applied to move forward.

These two events may have combined at the right time unfortunately and resulted in the injury.

Halcyon

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:00 am

My dad ran my leg over in our Subaru once and that was bad enough. Poor guy. Must have sucked pretty bad. Glad to hear he'll get better.

F9Animal

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:26 am

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 34):
I've slipped on the ramp myself as well. We also were setting up for an arrival. Once it happened just before the plane was coming to the gate. I fell and hit HARD, our ramp was so big there was no way they could de-ice or throw salt on it. If I was the older age of some of my coworkers, I probably would've broken my hip I hit so hard. Slip, BAM! That's how fast it happens. One of the million reasons NOT to work ramp.

Oh yes, there is nothing worse than having no ability to stop the fall either. I slipped on ice on the ramp once, and by the time I realized I was falling, I was already on my back. I also whacked my head pretty good. Luckily I had a beanie on, but still.

Anyway, best of luck to him for a full recovery

That was actually the word I was trying to think of when I wrote that. Just like driving a car, we get so comfortable until the unexpected happens. I have had soooooo many close calls in my years on the ramp. I almost walked into a skywest airlines metro's #2 engine while it was running. I was in a hurry, because I had to disconnect the gpu (on the #2 engine of course). It was normally a 2 man job, and I had nobody to help me. I figured I could do it by myself, and prove something. I was so shook up, I had to sit down afterwards.

Quoting Hiflyer (Reply 31):
First off does F9 leave brakes set while on blox or release breaks once the chocks are in?

Some carriers leave them set...other carriers release them to avoid brake hub warping and faster cooling.

They usually set the brakes. There have been times that the captain releases them after being chocked. You can easily tell on the Airbus by a light on the nosegear.

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 21):
Did the check in agents place a "heavy" warning tag on the bag? If not, then you're not at fault.

Kris

There was no heavy tag or sticker. I would have totally tested the weight before lifting in that case. I just remember bending over to grab it, and the shreeking tearing feeling in my lower back. Oh man, I cringe just thinking about it. They said that it was my fault, because I needed to test the weight of any bag before lifting it. I tried to agrue with them about the "heavy" issue, and they said that it did not matter. I really thought my career was over when I could not get out of my own bed for over two weeks. What a scary feeling.

I am releived to know that it was just a broken leg. I mean, a broken leg is awful, but sounds more promising than an amputated leg.

I wonder how traumatized the other rampers and flight crew were? I sure hope they sent out a team to help them with their thoughts.

twal1011727

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:08 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 11):
what was the guy doing trying to chock the aircraft while it was still moving?

I bet he was moving towards the nose gear and realized that he was either too close to the A/C or the A/C went beyond the stop point ....he stopped himself then slipped on the ice. Ramp areas have a "no entry while A/C moving zone" but, as stated, complacency sets in and injuries can/will result.

All airlines have policies stating when to approach the A/C when chocking gears.
Delta already has sent out E-mails reminding people about company safety policy. Delta knows quite well about persons getting run over by A/C(JFK 2-3 yrs ago)

I try to not use the words "accident/accidentally" as there are other words that best describe the incident/crash/F* up etc...Almost nothing happens by "accident"

KD

JayDub

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:25 am

I just cringed when I read the topic.

What happened this F9 ramper is one of the two worst nightmares of anyone who has ever worked ramp service (the other, of course, being ingested).

I wish him all the best and a full recovery. Hopefully the leg will heal.
"Travel is only glamorous in retrospect." - Paul Theroux

richm

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:28 am

And to think I was moaning about the cramp I was getting in my leg the other day!

Poor guy, hope he is ok.

badlydrawnboy

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 18):
Shouldn't the chocks be put in place after Engines are shutdown.

I can't count the number of crews that won't shut down the remaining running engine (here, with CO, Engine 1) until the nosegear (at the very least) and the right main are chocked.

the most dangerous part of any job (especially when working around machinery) can be repetition. Doing the same thing over and over, you can sometimes tend to forget certain safety guidelines...

checkmark  checkmark 

On a wing-mounted-engine aircraft, we never approached the wheels to chock it until the engines had stopped. The guy's lucky he didn't get jet-blasted to boot along with his leg injury.

I never approach the A/C until the engine has been shut down and even then I tend to give it about a thirty-second buffer before I do approach. I've been at the tail-end of a shutting-down engine's blast and it was not the most pleasant of experiences....

Quoting A330300 (Reply 36):
F9 leaves the brakes on after chocks are in.

As does CO, for the most part.

I hope he recovers nicely and can get back on the horse, so to speak.

BDB

Vref5

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:11 pm

Quoting Badlydrawnboy (Reply 42):
I can't count the number of crews that won't shut down the remaining running engine (here, with CO, Engine 1) until the nosegear (at the very least) and the right main are chocked.

So... out of curiosity, how do you resolve that issue when it comes up?

HAWK21M

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:58 pm

Quoting Badlydrawnboy (Reply 42):
can't count the number of crews that won't shut down the remaining running engine (here, with CO, Engine 1) until the nosegear (at the very least) and the right main are chocked

Out here SOP is Brakes on....Chocks in place....Brakes released.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

CRJonBeez

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:06 am

i hope the F9 ramper recovers. very unfortunate. no matter how many times you do something, there's always a possibility that it all goes wrong.

old  you sound like my boss, but you're right.

for me, there will be no approaching the a/c until the egines are done spooling down. marshalling in a C441 conquest, i had a pilot slip off the brakes with the engines above idle. though the plane was in no way screaming towards me, i've never moved so fast in my life. the last thing i want to be is lunch for that garrett engine!

MiCorazonAzul

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:15 am

Yea, at JB the #2 engine is always off making it safer when approaching. We do it also as a fuel saving technique....A/C taxi in on one engine (#1).
Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.