Coffee? Tea? Or DVT? RTW In 60 Hours

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:04 pm

A globetrotting monk is on cloud nine after setting a new world travel record.

Brother Michael Bartlett returned home to Sandy this week after flying around the globe with one airline.

He flew 24,912 miles with Air New Zealand in 59 hours and 58 minutes - less than two and a half days.

just reading the story I can almost feel the bloodclots forming !

RE: Coffee? Tea? Or DVT? RTW In 60 Hours

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:13 pm

Mr Bartlett, of Park Road, said: "This is the first time there has been a single airline that you could do it on and that flew north and south of the equator. When I saw that Air New Zealand was to start the service which meant round the world I said 'right I will have ago at that' and decided to set the record."

Well... Pan American had a Round-the-World flight, as did United Airlines... and Singapore Airlines also offers connections that somewhat permit you to fly all the way around (SIN-FRA-JFK/EWR-SIN) - though, admittedly, all of them stay (or stayed) within the northern hemisphere...

But blood clots? Nah... not really. Some people (those that don't move a single millimeter during a flight) could probably manage to get DVT on a flight from FRA to LHR, while those that know what to do - and what not - could probably take that RTW-Trip a couple of times consecutively without even running a low DVT risk.

Then again - how ever much I love flying... that'd be way too much for my taste.
Smile - it confuses people!

RE: Coffee? Tea? Or DVT? RTW In 60 Hours

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:47 am

Coffee? Tea???

GIVE ME MONEY!! So I can travel around the world too!  Wink