cvg2lga

Carry On Question For Non-Revs

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:21 am

Just curious, what do any of you guys normally use as a carryon when you travel. Last week I went to SNA and back with a briefcase. It worked, had some homework and an exam to study for and I guess looked nice since I was fortunate enough to be placed in first. Would it be suitable to take a backpack with me if I were aiming for F/C? I'd like to hit DC this week and visiting a friend in Brookly too, and backpack would be more handy than a briefcase. Thanks for the insight.
Tchau
DA-
They don't call em' emergencies anymore. They call em' Patronies.

kaddyuk

RE: Carry On Question For Non-Revs

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 am

Quoting CVG2LGA (Thread starter):
Would it be suitable to take a backpack with me if I were aiming for F/C? I'd like to hit DC this week and visiting a friend in Brookly too, and backpack would be more handy than a briefcase. Thanks for the insight.

I take a rolling bag with me... when flying out of the UK i have to check it but coming home i'm allowed it in the cabin.

The type of bag you have wont matter too much as to whether you get upgraded or not...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

airtran737

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:26 am

Quoting CVG2LGA (Thread starter):
Just curious, what do any of you guys normally use as a carryon when you travel. Last week I went to SNA and back with a briefcase. It worked, had some homework and an exam to study for and I guess looked nice since I was fortunate enough to be placed in first. Would it be suitable to take a backpack with me if I were aiming for F/C? I'd like to hit DC this week and visiting a friend in Brookly too, and backpack would be more handy than a briefcase. Thanks for the insight.
Tchau

I take my overnight bag, laptop, and flight case. Sometimes if I don't take my flight case I bring another small bag in its place. Be careful though. Some airports such as CVG won't let you through with more than two if you arent in uniform.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

bond007

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:33 am

....so you can take whatever any other pax can take...isn't that the simple answer??

Jimbo
I'd rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air, than in the air wishing I was on the ground!

COewrAAtysAZ

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:03 am

Quoting Bond007 (Reply 3):
....so you can take whatever any other pax can take...isn't that the simple answer??

Yes, we are to follow the same rules as revenue passengers.
Continental Airlines: Trabajar con empe�?��?�±o, Volar con Pasi�?��?�³n

Charliejag1

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 pm

The only thing that might keep you from being upgraded is your attire, your carryon will have no impact on a potential upgrade.

cvg2lga

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:32 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 2):
Be careful though. Some airports such as CVG won't let you through with more than two if you arent in uniform.

Haha, don't I know it! I used to be one of those TSA jerks making everyone consolidate if the ticket checkers out front didn't already. But now where I am at I see people making it all the way to the aircraft with three bags sometimes. I say nothing since I don't have to anymore, but really if you take less you take less up room. Thanks for the help everyone.
Tchau
DA-
They don't call em' emergencies anymore. They call em' Patronies.