ywg777

AA Adding Flights To Canada?

Wed Jul 12, 2000 11:39 am

Today I herd from a friend in ORD taht there was a rumor of AA adding flights to Canada. He said the new cities they were thinking of were Edmonton, Winnipeg, Halifax, and Saskatoon. Does any one know any thing about please!!!
Thanks
YWG777

Marco

RE: AA Adding Flights To Canada?

Wed Jul 12, 2000 5:47 pm

hey,

They have to add more flights to their existing flights to canada, as well as to new destinations, I'm sure it would be lucrative, very few american airliners fly o halifax or winnipeg for example...

Marco
Proud to be an Assyrian!

blink182

Wed Jul 12, 2000 10:53 pm

the halifax or saskatoon flights may be a couple of American Eagle flights if they aren't all that popular. keep in mind about the subsidiary.
blink182
p.s.what I would like to see is a DFW-YEG flight.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

polaris

Wed Jul 12, 2000 10:54 pm

The only new flights that I know of at this time are Boston - Toronto on American Eagle beginning July 17th.

Wed Jul 12, 2000 10:56 pm

American Eagle will start flying BOS-YUL in september.

ywg777

Thu Jul 13, 2000 6:57 am

I would say yes to a YEG-DFW route. AE could do a YXE-ORD route and a YHZ-BOS route. AA could do a YWG-ORD-DFW,YEG-ORD-DFW route. That sounds right to me.
YWG777

AC183

Thu Jul 13, 2000 9:11 am

YHZ-BOS already exists on Business Express, owned by American Eagle.

Saskatoon???? What???? I don't think so. Right now the only transborder flights from Saskatoon is the NW route to MSP, and it's only 2 flights a day. I don't see AA/AE going after that, at least not until they fill in YWG or YEG.

YWG-ORD-DFW has potential, but like they say, seeing is believing. As to YEG, given the geography involved I think (just my opinion) that an extension of YYC flights would work. They could fly YEG-YYC-ORD, and connect passengers from that flight onto ORD flights. They couldn't carry YYC-YEG passengers, but it would allow them to run planes at reasonable capacity, and they would have the competitve advantage of have US clearance take place at YEG, even though they would still require a stop at YYC.

ywg777

Thu Jul 13, 2000 11:10 am

Yes AC183 that makes sense for YEG-YYC-ORD. Hopefully YXE will get AE comming in the next few years. It could work. YXE doesn't even have a flight to ORD. YWG-ORD I could AA using MD-80's or Fokker 100.
YWG777

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos