bimmerkid19

Korean Air's Economy Product

Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:28 pm

I will be flying on Korean Air on December 26th from ORD-ICN on a Boeing 747-4B5 in layout B. That layout has Personal IFE and Laptop power ports in Economy. They also still have Connexcion by Boeing offered until 30-Dec.-2006 due to Boeing pulling the plug on their Satellite Internet Product. I was wondering if anybody out there has flown on Korean Air with this setup. I have heard many good things about it, but I am curious to hear other people's opinions. I have also heard that Korean Air has really good service, is this true? I am off to Korea because my girlfriend is Korean. I am going to see her in Korea. She went back a while ago. She was an exchange student here. Next fall I am going to Study Abroad at her University and we may possibly live together or live very close to each other.  Wink  Wow!
Last flights: LH 3738 MUC - ZRH , LH 3749 ZRH - MUC . Upcoming: EK 50 MUC - DXB 3-aug. and EK 322 DXB - ICN 7- Aug.

articulatexpat

RE: Korean Air's Economy Product

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:31 pm

I've only flown Korean on short domestic hops. I thought they were fantastic. Can't comment on the Internet service but the service has always been excellent, very warm and welcoming without being in-your-face. I like the touches like the sticker the FAs will discreetly leave on the seatback in front of you if you're napping during a meal or a beverage service, inviting you to call them when you wake up. I hope you have great experiences both with the country and the airline.  spin 

n757kw

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:53 am

I have been on the B version only once. It was not bad. It had the IFE in the seat backs that the older version did not have. I do not like the seats, they make my butt hurt after about 6 hours, my opinion only. Leg room is OK and the seat width is about average.

Service is pretty good. You can try the Bibimbap for the meal service, if you like Korean food. I have not flown from ORD on KE, only ATL and DFW. You can expect basically 2 lunchs and a snack in between or at the end. First lunch is served after departure, the second was served about halfway through the flight on my last trip rather than towards the end of the flight.

You hit the F/A call button and they will be there in a bat of an eye. I have only been in Economy and the F/As may not be too talkative or even speak marginal English. ATL gets a lot of new hires because I heard the senior F/As do not like ATL. ORD may be different.

I usually fly on KE to CGK so the first flight is the fisrt leg and the longest at 14.5 hours out of ATL, so after a while I really do not pay much attention to the service. I really just want off the plane.

N757KW
"What we've got here, is failure to communicate." from Cool Hand Luke

bimmerkid19

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:14 pm

Quoting Articulatexpat (Reply 1):

Thank you very much. I hope to enjoy it. I've been to Europe several times, but this will be my first time to Asia. I am coming to visit my Girlfriend, who is Korean. We met when she was an exchange student in USA. Her parents invited me to come visit them in South Korea. There's something about Korean girls that makes my heart do back-flips..  hyper  I have never felt this way towards any American girl.  bouncy  Next Fall, I will come again to Korea to study for a semester at Yonsei University-Sincheon Campus. My Major is International Business with a minor is East Asia Studies(Focus: Korea)

Quoting N757KW (Reply 2):

I love Korean food

Thanks for telling me. Sounds like i will be pampered!

Quoting Articulatexpat (Reply 1):

Thanks

[Edited 2006-12-07 07:20:23]
Last flights: LH 3738 MUC - ZRH , LH 3749 ZRH - MUC . Upcoming: EK 50 MUC - DXB 3-aug. and EK 322 DXB - ICN 7- Aug.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos