ClassicLover
Topic Author

British Airways First Turndown Service

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:38 am

I have a question about the new British Airways First turndown service.

(For those that don't know, on certain sectors, the crew convert the seat to a bed, add a base mattress, and you get velvet slippers in addition to the First pyjamas)

The list on the BA web site only lists flights out of London. One of them is the BA009. I am flying First on the BA009 from BKK-SYD in April. Will the turndown service only be available for the LHR-BKK sector, or is it for the entire flight?
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

aussiestu

RE: British Airways First Turndown Service

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:37 am

The Turndown service will only be on the LHR-BKK sector and the BKK-LHR sector. It is only on flights of 10 hours and over so the sectors BKK-SYD and SYD-BKK dont apply. You may find the matress still loaded as I have just flown SEA-LHR and the matress was there with the duvet and slippers but that is not a turndown service either. It is a nice touch though!

ClassicLover
Topic Author

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:43 am

Quoting Aussiestu (Reply 1):
BKK-SYD and SYD-BKK dont apply

That's a shame, it's only just under 10 hours.

duvet and slippers

I want to see the slippers personally  Smile I'm sure I can ask when I board...
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

Curiousflyer

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:11 am

I thought you were referring to the fact that if you die they upgradde you to first class.

bastew

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 am

The Turndown service will only be on the LHR-BKK sector and the BKK-LHR sector. It is only on flights of 10 hours and over so the sectors BKK-SYD and SYD-BKK dont apply. You may find the matress still loaded as I have just flown SEA-LHR and the matress was there with the duvet and slippers but that is not a turndown service either. It is a nice touch though!

Hey Aussie! I thought EXACTLY the same as you. However, just got back from BKK/SYD this morning (worked in FIRST). We had a VERY enthusiastic Purser in First (straigt out of Premiun Academy - if you get my drift
 Wink ) and she insisted the criteria for turndown is on all flights departing after 19:30 OR over 10 hours in duration, so pax on a daylight flight over 10 hours should also be offered the turndown service. Except for the 'Sleeper service' east coast routes.

Must say, the turndown service went down very well with the pax. The business men travelling alone seemed to very much enjoy being tucked in by a particularly pretty girl we had working in FIRST. Lol

So in short Classic, yes you should get 'turned down' on each sector.