COERJ145
Topic Author

"Keep Delta My Delta" Buttons

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:41 am

Anyone(specifically Delta Employees) know whether the "Keep Delta My Delta" buttons are avalible to the public? I'd like one if they are.

Thanks!

Alitalia744

RE: "Keep Delta My Delta" Buttons

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:43 am

They are not available for purchase but you can ask DL employees for one.

I got mine from a gate agent Wink
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

OttoPylit

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:01 am

Feel free to ask for them when travelling through any Delta hub. They are handed out pretty freely. Although initially only for Delta employees, the public, especially Delta's elite customers, are really wanting to help spread their support for Delta and opposition to US Airways, and have been asking a lot. We have seen it go from buttons, to stickers, and now even red wristbands! Keep asking, and Delta will keep providing.

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

gift4tbone

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:09 am

Wow, I'm 100% supportive of this whole movement, but my question is where does an airline in BK get the money for all this?

-Tony@PVD
Top 3 airports: PVD 23.9%(138 flights), PHL 14.7%(85 flights), PHX 10.2%(59 flights)

doug_or

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:29 am

Quoting Gift4tbone (Reply 3):
Wow, I'm 100% supportive of this whole movement, but my question is where does an airline in BK get the money for all this?

They're pins. You can get 'em amde pretty cheap. They sue the same money as for salaries, fuel, lease payments, and all the other buisness expenses,
When in doubt, one B pump off

COERJ145
Topic Author

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:35 am

Quoting OttoPylit (Reply 2):
Feel free to ask for them when travelling through any Delta hub. They are handed out pretty freely. Although initially only for Delta employees, the public, especially Delta's elite customers, are really wanting to help spread their support for Delta and opposition to US Airways, and have been asking a lot. We have seen it go from buttons, to stickers, and now even red wristbands! Keep asking, and Delta will keep providing.

Too bad i'm not flying through any DL hubs for my next trip. Ironically i'm flying US Airways. Are they avalible in BOS? thats the only airport i'd actually be able to get one at.

Alitalia744

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:39 am

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 5):
Too bad i'm not flying through any DL hubs for my next trip. Ironically i'm flying US Airways. Are they avalible in BOS? thats the only airport i'd actually be able to get one at.

you can prob get one from the front-line staff at BOS Smile

deltagator

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:40 am

Quoting Gift4tbone (Reply 3):

The employees could have chipped in to get them as they did to get Ship 102 many a moon ago. I'm sure in bulk rates they aren't that expensive. Even if purchased by the airline I'm sure that the cost of pins for every employee (two times over so frequent fliers like us can have one as well) would still be less than the cost to fill one 777 for the ATL-TLV route.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

FWAERJ

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:44 am

Speaking of "Keep Delta My Delta!", I saw a banner with that slogan over the DL ticket counters at IND last week.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

Evan767

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:01 pm

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 5):

Sure, get one at the DL ticket counter, put it on, and show it off to all the US employees.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

Cadet57

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:11 pm

I like delta and I like US. Infact im flying BDL-CLT-MSY at the end of the month, but I would proudly put one of those on my bag. Wouldent that be a kick in the head...
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

jhooper

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:15 pm

Although initially only for Delta employees, the public, especially Delta's elite customers, are really wanting to help spread their support for Delta and opposition to US Airways, and have been asking a lot.

Seems pretty dumb if they're really trying to gather public support by only giving these pins to employees and elite customers.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

Cadet57

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 pm

Quoting Jhooper (Reply 11):
eems pretty dumb if they're really trying to gather public support by only giving these pins to employees and elite customers.

You are missing a key word:

the public, especially Delta's elite customers,
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

LAXdude1023

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:15 pm

I got mine from a gate agent at LAX. I asked her if she knew where I could get one and she just smiled and gave me hers.
It is what it is...

DAL767400ER

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:03 pm

Do DL employees at outstations like Berlin have them as well? I'd be crazy enough to actually drive to TXL to get one. Or I'll just wait until they turn up on Ebay  Silly .

panamair

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:17 pm

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 14):
Do DL employees at outstations like Berlin have them as well? I'd be crazy enough to actually drive to TXL to get one

Unfortunately, TXL ground handling is outsourced and there are virtually no DL employees there. If you want, PM me and I will get another one this weekend when I go through JFK and mail it to you.

deltadawg

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:36 pm

On Tuesday afternoon when checking in at ATL, the domestic Medallion/FC check in had a big box of them behind the counter. The agents were asking people if they would like one as they brought their baggage up for check in.

Just remember to e-mail your senators/rep's to oppose US's ambitions.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

FWAERJ

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 16):

Just remember to e-mail your senators/rep's to oppose US's ambitions.

checkmark  I just e-mailed Congressman Mark Souder and Senators Evan Bayh and Richard Lugar... I think that US's hostile takeover attempt is a bad thing for smaller cities like FWA.
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

Alitalia744

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:27 am

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 14):
Do DL employees at outstations like Berlin have them as well? I'd be crazy enough to actually drive to TXL to get one. Or I'll just wait until they turn up on Ebay .

DAL if you cant get one, let one of us here know. I'm travelling next week on DL and will get one for ya if you need.

Pope

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:40 am

What do DL's employees believe DL's shareholders should get? If Delta belongs to the employees (i.e. their Delta) where does that leave people who bought the stock?
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

EWRCabincrew

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:48 am

The funny thing is, no matter how much you wear these buttons, write letters or vent here...any decision that is going to be made is being done at a much higher level. Board of Directors, stock holders, etc..

It is great to have pride in your company, but that won't save it from a business decision.

I applaud all your wanting to keep DL, DL. Ultimately you as employee/customer have no control.
You can't cure stupid

worldtraveler

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:27 am

The sentiment is nice, EWR Cabincrew but the reality is there has never been a successful hostile takeover in the history of US aviation. DL employees intend to keep it that way.

Wanna now how dead set they are? ALPA is throwing a rally next Wednesday and invited the rest of the company to come while ALPA picks up the tab. Unionized labor, non-union labor, and mgmt on the same page. When was the last time you saw that at any other airline?

EWRCabincrew

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:33 am

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 21):
The sentiment is nice, EWR Cabincrew but the reality is there has never been a successful hostile takeover in the history of US aviation. DL employees intend to keep it that way.

Thanks, WorldTraveler.

You are very correct about what you posted. That is the reality. Just as it is the reality of a takeover, hostile or otherwise.

DL is a great airline. They should try all they can. Just as is CO, but ultimately we have no control over who does what to whom.

As cabin crew, regardless of who I end up working for, you, WorldTraveler, will get the best service each and every time you fly with me.
You can't cure stupid

deltadawg

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:49 am

Bit of a sidenote but let's say that the creditors start to seriously look at US's offer or another higher bidder.
At that point if it looked like DL's future was in the hands of someone like US or WN, UA, etc. do you think it would be a good financial move for the city of Atlanta and/or the state of Georgia to step in and buy the debt in order to secure the stability of an economic juggernaut in the Atlanta area as well as the state of Georgia?
Could they do this?
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

EWRCabincrew

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:52 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 23):
Bit of a sidenote but let's say that the creditors start to seriously look at US's offer or another higher bidder.
At that point if it looked like DL's future was in the hands of someone like US or WN, UA, etc. do you think it would be a good financial move for the city of Atlanta and/or the state of Georgia to step in and buy the debt in order to secure the stability of an economic juggernaut in the Atlanta area as well as the state of Georgia?
Could they do this?

Hypothetically speaking, ATL and Georgia should do all they can to swoon a potential buyer to keep DL there. Just as the headquarter city of the purchaser would be doing with them. It will all boil down to money and who fights harder (and maybe dirtier).
You can't cure stupid

LawnDart

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:14 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 19):
What do DL's employees believe DL's shareholders should get? If Delta belongs to the employees (i.e. their Delta) where does that leave people who bought the stock?

Outright ownership is not in question here, and the vast majority of employees realize that. But when you have a group of employees as dedicated to their employer as Delta employees are, the word "My" takes on new meaning. Bear in mind that Delta employees were shareholders, by and large, through matching contributions to their 401K plans (paid in common stock).

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 20):
The funny thing is, no matter how much you wear these buttons, write letters or vent here...any decision that is going to be made is being done at a much higher level. Board of Directors, stock holders, etc..

It is great to have pride in your company, but that won't save it from a business decision.

I applaud all your wanting to keep DL, DL. Ultimately you as employee/customer have no control.

I don't understand your constant negativity towards Delta employees on any of these threads. You belabor the point over and over that the employees have no say (although the pilots are on the official unsecured creditors committee).

You're absolutley correct: In the big picture, they don't. However, Delta employees are incredibly proud of their company, and they've sacrificed a lot to help the company get through what it's going through. If it makes them feel better wearing a pin that displays that pride on their chest, by all means I hope they cover themselves from head to toe in pins.

You have to be a Delta employee to understand.

EWRCabincrew

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:34 am

Quoting LawnDart (Reply 25):
I don't understand your constant negativity towards Delta employees on any of these threads

I have never had a bad thing to say about DL, ever. Where is in what you quoted me as saying negative? None of it. I even said:

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 22):
DL is a great airline. They should try all they can

I wish them nothing but the best as a company and have always said I eagerly await expansion with them, as I can travel to those destinations.

What you may perceive as negativity is for naught. I never have a bad thing to say about any airline. Any of my posts show that. What may seem as belaboring is the fact. I see posts here all the time about 'arm chair executive' decisions that reflect what may or may not be. I just state a fact of business.

DL employees should be proud to be and continue to be DL. They should want to keep DL a separate entity. But I stand by my statement of previous postings.

I have many friends at DL, I learn about DL and their plans vicariously through them. Plus, I can get envious of what we don't have (like great new cities).

I don't have to be a Delta employee to understand. I have been with CO for 20 years. A merger with three other airlines and the retention of the CO brand and name. I am very aware of what company pride is all about. It is not unique to DL.

With that said, US should get their merger ironed out before taking bigger bites.

[Edited 2006-12-08 22:50:50]

[Edited 2006-12-08 22:59:28]
You can't cure stupid

xflyer

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:56 am

The best way to stop the US bid is to restore the pensions of all employees. But then that would be doing the right thing and that is not going to happen.

floridaflyboy

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:06 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 8):
Speaking of "Keep Delta My Delta!", I saw a banner with that slogan over the DL ticket counters at IND last week.

That's cool. They should do that at every station.

I'm traveling through ATL next thursday. I'll be picking up my "Keep Delta My Delta" pin! Kudos to all you DL employees. You are why every trip I take is on Delta.
Good goes around!

DAL767400ER

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:08 am

Quoting Xflyer (Reply 27):
The best way to stop the US bid is to restore the pensions of all employees. But then that would be doing the right thing and that is not going to happen.

You are just not going to shut up about this whole deal, are you? Man, some people are obsessed  Yeah sure .

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 18):

Quoting Panamair (Reply 15):

Thanks guys, that's good to know that you could get me one of those Big grin . Be assured I'll take up the offer if I can't get one otherwise. Though I'll first try to get one via some of my own connections  Wink .

SuseJ772

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:23 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 17):
I just e-mailed Congressman Mark Souder and Senators Evan Bayh and Richard Lugar... I think that US's hostile takeover attempt is a bad thing for smaller cities like FWA.

I, being from Fort Wayne originally, would totally agree with that. Although Delta is no "friend" to the ATL-FWA market ($350 bucks RT), they are a friend to FWA when it comes to connecting through ATL/CVG. US Airways has never had a strong of a presence there, and now that US is really HP, I don't think they are going to increase focus on the smaller markets - even with the inclusion of DL.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

floridaflyboy

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:52 am

I'm a student at ERAU, and I just put up a "Kee Delta My Delta" sign on my dorm room door. Go Delta!
Good goes around!

tsaord

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:52 am

The good Delta folks at ORD wear them. Dl sure got those out fast. They look so cute on them lol.

Now they have wrist bands!!
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

deltairlines

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:12 pm

Tried getting one at GSO on Thursday, but they said that they were all out of both pins and stickers.

I'll be travelling BOS-ATL-ONT-SLC-BOS tomorrow, BOS-RDU-ATL-BOS Sunday, so hopefully I'll get one tomorrow.

litz

Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:40 pm

I tried to pick one up tonight in BOS, but the checkin desk and the personnel @ A14 didn't have any ...

I plan to check the Medallion desk monday morning @ ATL (and if I get there early enough, the Crown Rooms too ...)

- litz

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:16 pm

Otto,
You know how long the "Keep Delta My Delta" buttons will be handed out? My mom will be flying through ATL next Tuesday, so I'll try to remember to ask her to pick a few up then. But if not, I'll be flying into CVG on the 26th of the month and hopefully will be able to pick up a few then if they're still available.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

Boeing7E7

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:45 pm

You have to be a Delta employee to understand.

As a former DL employee (15+ years ago), I understand. He's out to lunch however. Some people just don't get the whole "DL family" thing. Never will, and they'll never understand why this merge just didn't have a chance from day one. Mr. Parker should close his pie hole, lest the "New US Airways" end up like the "Old US Airways". BROKE FROM EXCESSIVE AND RAPID EXPANSION!

Someone please tell this Parker idiot to review history a bit.

Pope

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:08 pm

Outright ownership is not in question here,

But it most certainly is. Last time I check, ownership of something usually entitles the owner to dominion and control over the property. Here DL's employees seem to think that they have the right to dictate the future of the company. Hell. Why don't they step up and buy the company if they think they can do such a great job at running it? Look at what happened when UAL tried that.

DL's employees want it both ways. The want the right to run the company but are unwilling to put up the cash that it would take to do it.

B777-700

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm

Quoting Jhooper (Reply 11):
Seems pretty dumb if they're really trying to gather public support by only giving these pins to employees and elite customers.

A very shortsighted response. These pins are for employees only. Customers want them so bad that the employees are giving them out. That's the kind of following Delta has, and that's the kind of customer service Delta employees provide. Those are both things Doug Parkers wants and knows he can get with US in it's present form.

Quoting Pope (Reply 19):
What do DL's employees believe DL's shareholders should get?

A strong, independent, aggressive, profitable, airline.

The best way to stop the US bid is to restore the pensions of all employees.

All employees? By that you mean just the pilots right? They're the only ones who lost their pension.

But then that would be doing the right thing and that is not going to happen.

Build a bridge...Get over it.

Quoting SuseJ772 (Reply 30):
Although Delta is no "friend" to the ATL-FWA market ($350 bucks RT)

Oh yes, $350 is just was too ridiculous to pay round trip to anywhere from FWA.  Yeah sure

Quoting Pope (Reply 37):
Here DL's employees seem to think that they have the right to dictate the future of the company.

They do, whether you like it or not. The employees took paycut after paycut to support the company. I would think at the very least they should have some say in their own future.

It's already been made very clear, this merger will not go thru, or at the least be extremely difficult to pull off with a disgruntled work force.

Quoting Pope (Reply 37):
The want the right to run the company but are unwilling to put up the cash that it would take to do it.

They paid in other ways. Now go piss on someone elses parade. The Delta employees have work to do.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

freedom747

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:08 pm

LawnDart is 100% CORRECT: You have to be a Delta employee to understand

LawnDart

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:14 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 37):
Here DL's employees seem to think that they have the right to dictate the future of the company. Hell. Why don't they step up and buy the company if they think they can do such a great job at running it?

Dude, they're wearing pins... sarcastic 

Quoting Pope (Reply 37):
Outright ownership is not in question here,

But it most certainly is. Last time I check, ownership of something usually entitles the owner to dominion and control over the property.

I didn't make myself clear...when I stated:

Outright ownership is not in question here, and the vast majority of employees realize that.

I meant that the vast majority of employees do not question who the "outright owners" of the company are...the shareholders, the debtors, etc. But as a response to your statement:

Quoting Pope (Reply 19):
If Delta belongs to the employees (i.e. their Delta) where does that leave people who bought the stock?

I stated the previous, and the following (in reference to the "My" Delta on the buttons):

But when you have a group of employees as dedicated to their employer as Delta employees are, the word "My" takes on new meaning.

Delta employees are extremely emotional about this hostile takeover bid, and the buttons are one way of expressing their emotion, not the Wall Street definition of corporate ownership.

Quoting EWRCabincrew,reply=26 edited:
have never had a bad thing to say about DL, ever. I wish them nothing but the best as a company... I never have a bad thing to say about any airline.

DL employees should be proud to be and continue to be DL. They should want to keep DL a separate entity.

I have many friends at DL...

I'm sure they love you, too... kiss 

Pope

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:17 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 38):

Wrong. The only thing that should matter to a shareholders is profitable. The faster that labor realizes that the better.

They do, whether you like it or not. The employees took paycut after paycut to support the company.

What was there alternative? They didn't do this out of the goodness of their heart. They did this because behind door #2 was an unemployment line or a court approved pay cut. You pro-labor at all costs types never cease to amaze me. A company exists to benefit its owners - that seems to be the case in all industries except the airline, where you guys seem to think that benefits should accrue to the employees before anyone else.

Quoting LawnDart (Reply 40):
I meant that the vast majority of employees do not question who the "outright owners" of the company are...the shareholders, the debtors, etc.

I perfectly understand what you're saying but you are saying one thing and advocating another.

Quoting Freedom747 (Reply 39):
LawnDart is 100% CORRECT: You have to be a Delta employee to understand

Again, I think that DL shareholders who have seen their investment disappear understand exactly what I'm talking about. As an employee you have a choice where you go to work. If you don't like it leave, but there is no nobleness in staying and then complaining about it. I think a large number of investors learned their lesson - don't invest in airlines.

dl021

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:22 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 1):
They are not available for purchase but you can ask DL employees for one.

I got mine from a gate agent

Got mine from a red jacket...or whatever they're called these days...

Quoting Pope (Reply 19):

I actually like having the employees take ownership in the company of which they are definitely a part. The old Delta spirit...the one that bought the company a 767...seems to still be there.

I'd like to see more of that and the shareholders will get far more value than they will from some short sale to an airline that has yet to digest it's last oversize meal for which it has yet to pay....
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

litz

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:58 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 42):
The old Delta spirit...the one that bought the company a 767...seems to still be there.

If there was ever any doubt, the solid front the DL employees are putting up against this merger as certainly proved it.

Buttons, pins, stickers, wristbands, banners behind ticket counters ... guys -- these are NOT official DL materials, provided by the official ad agency/pr department.

Mr. Parker may well have succeeded in doing one thing he absolutely did not want to do : galvanize the DL employees (some, maybe a lot, of whom were disillusioned over paycuts, the BK filing, etc) and rekindle the DL spirit that has, in the past, driven the airline to great success.

I can tell you one thing for sure : since the takeover bid went public I've seen two things on the flight's I've been on ...

1) a sollid, wholesale HATRED of this takeover bid. DL's employess want nothing to do with it, period, end of statement.

2) a noticeable pride in the strides DL is making towards emerging from BK, independant.

DL's employees are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and they do NOT want it to be an oncoming freight train from Phoenix.

- litz

(who would like nothing better than to see DL file their reorganization plan early, it be a huge shocker for creditor returns, and the creditors to approve it quickly, leaving this bid in the dust)

LAXdude1023

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:22 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 41):
You pro-labor at all costs types never cease to amaze me. A company exists to benefit its owners - that seems to be the case in all industries except the airline, where you guys seem to think that benefits should accrue to the employees before anyone else.

The employees are the heart and soul of the company (of any company). Without happy, profitable, and productive workers, the shareholders get nothing, because if you have unmotivated and insecure workers, the results they produce wont be as promising. Thats another problem with mergers, its shoots job security (which is a necesity to a healthy work environment) to hell. The employees should see the benifits of hard labor.

But hey: As long as the rich get richer, the hard workers from the company (any company) can get the shaft.  Yeah sure
It is what it is...

jetdeltamsy

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:52 am

Why would you want a button that is a statement from employees?

Somepeople use crew bag tags....folks who work for non-sirline businesses. Are you so enthralled with this business that you're willing to pretend you work for an airline? What's your point?

There a many folks out there like you, and I just do not get it.

It's a job. That's is.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

B777-700

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:53 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 41):

Wrong. The only thing that should matter to a shareholders is profitable. The faster that labor realizes that the better.

Wrong? This isn't a question of right and wrong my shortsighted friend. The creditors will realize (and all indications are they have already) that staying independent rather than go with the US plan is better for profitability, long term.

Employee moral is one thing the creditors WILL be taking into consideration. They will not be profitable with unhappy labor.

Labor realizes this, whether you want to accept that or not. They can force the merger, but they can't make labor happy about it.

Quoting Pope (Reply 41):
They didn't do this out of the goodness of their heart.

They didn't do it to be taken over by a shittier company either. What part of that don't you get?

Quoting Pope (Reply 41):
You pro-labor at all costs types never cease to amaze me. A company exists to benefit its owners - that seems to be the case in all industries except the airline, where you guys seem to think that benefits should accrue to the employees before anyone else.

Wow, I said all of that?

Quoting Pope (Reply 41):

I perfectly understand what you're saying but you are saying one thing and advocating another.

No he is not, and by saying that you show you truly do NOT understand his point.

Quoting Pope (Reply 41):
Again, I think that DL shareholders who have seen their investment disappear understand exactly what I'm talking about. As an employee you have a choice where you go to work. If you don't like it leave, but there is no nobleness in staying and then complaining about it.

So the 50,000 employees who actually run the airline just need to shut up and take it...Is that what you're saying? They have no right to be upset? I just want to be clear on this, and not putting words in your mouth, like you choose to do.

Quoting Litz (Reply 43):
I can tell you one thing for sure : since the takeover bid went public I've seen two things on the flight's I've been on ...

1) a sollid, wholesale HATRED of this takeover bid. DL's employess want nothing to do with it, period, end of statement.

2) a noticeable pride in the strides DL is making towards emerging from BK, independant.

DL's employees are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and they do NOT want it to be an oncoming freight train from Phoenix.

Perfect...nothing more needs to be said after that.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

jmc1975

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:00 am

Quoting Boeing7E7 (Reply 36):
Someone please tell this Parker idiot to review history a bit.

Why are you so scared? Don't you feel you may be casting judgement on something you know so little about? Parker's approach is revolutionary, ingenious and frankly, quite necessary for the airline industry to succeed in the 21st century.

deltairlines

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:09 am

I got my button this morning at the CRC in Boston. I've been thanked by about 5 or 6 employees (pretty much every one that I've come in contact with) and they have all been very gracious, thanking me for my support.

floridaflyboy

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:17 am

Quoting Litz (Reply 43):

Awesome analogy! COuldn't have said it better myself. My grandfather is retired from Delta, and he's been on the edge of his seat over this whole thing.
Good goes around!