twa747100

What Do Do In STL

Thu Jul 13, 2000 2:27 am

OK I am finally going home tomorrow and I will be going threw the all mighty STL. Don't get me wrong I love TWA but I have been stuck in STL for so long at times I could have been a Missouri resident. But any way are there any good places in the STL airport or near the STL to go sit down and have a coke and watch the pretty little airplanes get in the air?
Any response welcomed I leave tomorrow!!
Matt

AmericanMD80

RE: What Do Do In STL

Thu Jul 13, 2000 2:52 am

I know that when I went to the NCYC in November of 1999 we flew on American Airlines, and we sat at the gate for 2 hours and I had a great view of all of the planes that were arriving and departing. It was neat to see all different kinds of airplanes!

~americanmd80~
do what you like . like what you do . life is good

surleswj

Thu Jul 13, 2000 2:55 am

The windows from the Southwest waiting area across from the California Pizza Kitchen in the new terminal give nice views of the airfield, especially if planes are landing from the West. In the same area with the Pizza Kitchen are several other vendors that make up a small food court.

Thu Jul 13, 2000 2:59 am

Oh yes, there are plenty of places to have a coke and do some quality spotting. One is to take Linbergh north from I-70. Go past Natural Bridge, hold on while I get my map of the STL metropolitan area....
Ok, past natural bridge, and when you see Missouri Bottom Road, there will be a parking lot full of cars and plenty of avaition fanatics like us  . That is one place. The other is, if the lot is not close enough to the runway, is to go a tad further North on Linbergh BLVD, and turn right on Bridgeton Station Road. Follow the road and you will have some excellent places about 200 ft from the runway. The one I love (its especially good if the planes are taking off to the east) is take McDonnell BLVD east, pass the MCD. plant and pass the freight area. There is a restaurant called the 94th Aerosquadron on the west side of MCD BLVD. You can watch there or go up a hill that is on the other side of that. Hope this really helps you.

Thu Jul 13, 2000 3:01 am

Oh yes, there are plenty of places to have a coke and do some quality spotting. One is to take Linbergh north from I-70. Go past Natural Bridge, and when you see Missouri Bottom Road, there will be a parking lot full of cars and plenty of avaition fanatics like us  . That is one place. The other is, if the lot is not close enough to the runway, is to go a tad further North on Linbergh BLVD, and turn right on Bridgeton Station Road. Follow the road and you will have some excellent places about 200 ft from the runway. The one I love (its especially good if the planes are taking off to the east) is take McDonnell BLVD east, pass the Boeing Plant and pass the freight area. There is a restaurant called the 94th Aerosquadron on the west side of MCD BLVD. You can watch there or go up a hill that is on the other side of that. Hope this really helps you.

TWFirst

Thu Jul 13, 2000 3:07 am

Pay the $25 one-time fee for the TWA Ambassador's Club and go there (located at juncture between C & D concourses). It's a level above the concourse, is beautiful, you can have free pop/snacks/coffee all you want, and it has a fantastic viewpoint of the field.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

KALB

Thu Jul 13, 2000 4:54 am

You could indulge in my other favorite passion....Watch Big Mac and the other STL Cardinals march towards a National League pennant. Airplanes taking off, home runs taking off...both give me big thrills.

mlsrar

TWFirst

Thu Jul 13, 2000 5:52 am

Wow, only 25 bucks! By the way, what's 'pop'? The UAL lounge serves Soda!
(please laugh at that) I hate pop
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

TWFirst

Thu Jul 13, 2000 6:29 am

Sorry Mlsrar, I'm originally from central Illinois and went to college in Missouri. That whole part of the country is ground zero for the pop vs. soda debate.

How about: carbonated beverage of your choice???      

Now, were you also being sarcastic about the fee, or do you really think that's a deal?? I think it's worth it if you have an extended layover. It's a nice club.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

twa747100

Thu Jul 13, 2000 6:31 am

Ok i printed that all out, i am going to be stuc there tommorow casue all the flights to mco are full!! and being non rev i will have my time to chill!!

Trvlr

Thu Jul 13, 2000 7:59 am

Everyone in the Midwest says "pop"! It can get Californians like me confused and agitated sometimes 

Aaron G.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos