jetbluefan1

JetBlue To Have Aircraft MX Done In NY

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:03 am

http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....l-newsArticle&ID=940850&highlight=

It's nice to see JetBlue doing those C checks in the U.S, especially in NY - its homestate.

JetBluefan1

BatonOps

RE: JetBlue To Have Aircraft MX Done In NY

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:20 am

That is good news for the Utica/Rome area. Nice to see that the old Griffiss Air Force Base is being put to good use.

Maybe one day UCA will see scheduled airline service again.

Werkur767

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:26 am

Jet Blue do the C checks on the E190 Embraer in NY - its homestate too, or is it in Long Beach?

The C checks in NY for the A320s are in hangar at the JFK?

Regards,
Werner
Werkurspotter

desertjets

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:26 am

No doubt having heavy MX work done @ RME will sit very well with the New York Senate and Congressional delegation. While the financial considerations of having the work done in Rome, NY were likely primary... the political goodwill it may generate is certainly just as powerful.

And this is certainly good for the economy over in Oneida county as well. Its a part of NYS that needs all it can get these days.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

shane

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:44 am

Wasn't this being done in El Salvador at TACA's facility?

WMUPilot

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:03 am

The 190s are going to be serviced in BNA
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

EMBQA

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:18 am

Quoting Shane (Reply 4):
Wasn't this being done in El Salvador at TACA's facility?

They will still be done at TACA as well.

Quoting WMUPilot (Reply 5):

No decission has been made where the E190 C-check will be done.

Quoting Werkur767 (Reply 2):
Jet Blue do the C checks on the E190 Embraer in NY - its homestate too, or is it in Long Beach?

The C checks in NY for the A320s are in hangar at the JFK?

See above for the E190... No heavy maintenance is done in JFK. It is only an 'over-night' hangar.

[Edited 2006-12-11 23:25:11]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

pilotfox

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:29 am

Empire could really use the business, but I wonder how long it will last. I know Midwest stopped doing their heavy checks out there because of the crappy work that was done. Planes would come out of there with more broken things then when they came in.

STT757

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:43 am

Up State needs all the jobs they can get, unfortunately the Up State region has not prospered as the City that shares it's name.

This is only an agreement for work on 12 aircraft for all of 2007, it would be a homerun if B6 or another major would invest into a permanent facility at the former Griffis AFB.

There are three former Air Force Bases in New York (Plattsburgh, Stewart and Rome), of the three Stewart is doing the best as they have landed Airtran and Jetblue. They also still maintain a Military presence through the NY Air National Guards 8 C-5s and the USMC Reserves 7 KC-130s.

Plattsburgh is getting a passenger terminal with hopes of attracting low fare carriers catering to Quebec residents.

When Brunswick Naval Air Station in Maine closes in the next couple years as a result of the 2005 BRAC decisions it will leave New Jersey with the only active duty military airfields in the Northeastern United States.

New Jersey will have two active duty airfields, McGuire Air Force base and Lakehurst Naval Air Engineering station.

The Northeast has been hit hard through BRAC over the years, closed military airfields are..

Pease AFB, New Hampshire
Plattsburgh AFB, NY
Rome AFB, NY
Stewart AFB, NY
South Weymouth Naval Air Station , MA
Brunswick Naval Air Station, Maine.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

charlienorth

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:44 am

Quoting Pilotfox (Reply 7):
Empire could really use the business, but I wonder how long it will last. I know Midwest stopped doing their heavy checks out there because of the crappy work that was done. Planes would come out of there with more broken things then when they came in.

Kind of explains why they don't have business.
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

sideflare75

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting Pilotfox (Reply 7):
I know Midwest stopped doing their heavy checks out there because of the crappy work that was done.

That's true. Midwest gave them two chances at it but pulled out halfway through the second year. Really bad. I hope they are better at working on Airbuses then they were at MD-80's.

Lexy

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:17 am

Quoting WMUPilot (Reply 5):

There was one E190 parked over at Embraer's hangars this past weekend. And I think there has been two or three others over there recently. Any ideas as to what they were there for??

[Edited 2006-12-12 02:19:24]
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

wjcandee

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:33 am

Considering the incredibly-high-quality of work that Aeroman does in El Salvador, where you can eat off the hangar floor it's so clean and the work is done with pride, precision and meticulousness, I strongly suspect that this is pure, simple politics. Given that Air Canada (the other big A320 North American MRO location) just bought Aeroman, B6 may have been looking to have an additional supplier to put price pressure on the AC/Aeroman conglomerate.

Given Midwest's experience in Rome, we'll have to see whether B6 will be able to whip them into shape. There's a reason that they weren't being used extensively by major carriers, and I will be interested to see what kind of experience B6 has.

Remember: JetBlue equals George Soros. Democratic Party equals George Soros. Hillary equals Democratic Party. (Indeed, George Soros is a big Hillary backer, isn't he?) New York State equals Democratic Party. Hillary is in the press release. Hillary constantly looks for ways to ingratiate herself with folks in more-Republican Upstate New York. What do you want to bet that the impetus for this decision came from ownership, and not management?

pilotfox

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:32 pm

Looks like they have already started coming in.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU9410

WMUPilot

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:38 pm

That was the press plane carrying David and Dave up to Rome for the official announcement.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

ZRHnerd

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:47 am

Aaah, thats why my dad was over there a couple of times over the past few months Big grin