miamix707

Latest Ugly Identity Change: Venezuela's Aserca

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:11 pm

They used to have a cool livery, then they kinda messed up the design a little but still looked decent...

Now this is just horrible

noelg

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:06 pm

I think that's cool - I really like the silver and red it goes well together!

One of the better ones I'd say!

MYT332

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:11 pm

Actually it looks nice if you ask me!
One Life, Live it.

Magyarorszag

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:24 pm

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Thread starter):
They used to have a cool livery

Cool? Rather uninspired yes. No doubt I prefer the new colors.

Quoting Noelg (Reply 1):
One of the better ones I'd say!

checkmark 

Cheers.

Birdwatching

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:25 pm

Awesome livery, I love it!

Soren  santahat 
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

Owleye

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:01 pm

They used to have a cool livery

Their former livery was a bit empty though they well repeated their bird symbol on the rear fuselage.

I think this picture with the new livery is a bit unlucky in matter of lightning. Maybe in full daylight the livery looks better. Though they better could have scaled up their bird symbol and re-used it on the fuselage in combination with the red rear and tailfin instead of this single blue curved line. The silver/red combo has something of Northwest and Virgin.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Snorre - VAP
View Large View Medium

Photo © Luis A. Gabaldon

WA707atMSP

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:21 pm

I like the new livery better than the old. It's nice not to see another boring "Euro White" paint scheme.
Seaholm Maples are #1!

USADreamliner

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:40 am

I'm getting SOOOOOOO sick of this type of livery!!

Lan,Aeromexico,Shenzhen,UPS,World Airways,Thai,etc.

Airlines of the world: in case of doubt or just plain ignorance, use the Euro white! I know, it's boring, but at least it looks professional and clean! Big grin

lamedianaranja

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:49 am

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 7):
use the Euro white! I know, it's boring, but at least it looks professional and clean

You know it's boring and never clean really (see AF a/c) ) and still you prefer it over smashing red/silver? No accounting for taste, I'd say  Wink
I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!

abrelosojos

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:55 am

I think it looks great.

Cheers,
A.
Live, and let live.

SOBHI51

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:59 am

I also prefer the new colors
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

rikkus67

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:11 am

In the right lighting, I would say the new livery is MUCH MORE STRIKING than the original. The new livery has a much more grown-up look. The old scheme looks too minimal.
Give it a chance MIAMIx707... it took me a while to appreciate the "toothpaste green" of Air Canada...but one thing for sure...you KNOW what airline your looking at, even from a distance!
AC.WA.CP.DL.RW.CO.WG.WJ.WN.KI.FL.SK.ACL.UA.US.F9

Vasu

RE: Latest Ugly Identity Change: Venezuela's Aserca

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:30 am

Change the titles and logo, and this could very well be a new Northwest livery...

I really like it!

na

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:39 am

Wow, that looks very good. A real improvement. No novelty as its just jumping on a trend (silver, only painted at the rear, a mix of NWA and UPS style), but neverthesless good looking, much better than the majority of latin american airlines.

BA787

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting Noelg (Reply 1):

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 2):

Agreed its great

viasa

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:17 am

See also this link about the new colors: RE: Venezolana De Aviacion Re-starts With 'new' Fleet (by 797 Dec 3 2006 in Civil Aviation)

Chiguire

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:23 am

For me that looks muuuuch better than the old one and better than most other Latam carriers.

USADreamliner

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:23 am

Quoting Lamedianaranja (Reply 8):
No accounting for taste, I'd say

Good taste is the enemy of creativity...Pablo Picasso.

And speaking of creativity:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Luis A. Gabaldon
View Large View Medium

Photo © Josh May

View Large View Medium

Photo © Fabio Laranjeira - Contato Radar
View Large View Medium

Photo © Weimeng

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bruno Albrecht
View Large View Medium

Photo © Chris Starnes

Smile  Wink

A300605R

RE: Latest Ugly Identity Change: Venezuela's Aserc

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:47 am

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 17):

Just to add these...

View Large View Medium

Photo © Tobias Rose - AirTeamImages
View Large View Medium

Photo © Bruno David

I really like the silver in aserca's livery and the colors of TG etc. look all great, but somehow...always the same style.

I always loved a cheatline:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Keith Blincow
View Large View Medium

Photo © David Roura - Iberian Spotters

300 319 320 321 332 733 734 735 738 753 763 F27 M83

erikgnoha

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:11 am

I think it looks much better than the old one. Right now this is the best livery we have in Venezuela, because the other airlines just keep the boring Euro white livery. And this is an improvement to their image too, so good for Aserca. This only thing is that they modified their livery on the same old aircraft. I wish they get rid of those DC-9s...

Maybe is not as creative as others, but it looks great, and the more important thing, much better than the old one, but remember, this is a matter of taste, so everyone can have their own opinion about this kind of stuff.
Venezuela, donde los suenos renacen

TACAA320

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:45 am

I like it very much. Looks awsome.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

RCS763AV

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:52 am

It looks better than the last gold/dark red combination which was ismply terrible...it´s not the best but it definately improved.

SEAdomer787

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:08 am

well, i think it's pretty obvious what the newest trend in airline liveries is... back in the 70s and 80s we had the cheatlines, then the "half n half" in the 90s a la UA, US, BA, Canadian, etc etc, and now we have the "stylized tail swoop" as i like to call it. fortunately they came out with that metallic silver paint just in time for AA's big 787 order  pray  ... here's hoping anyway!!

Boeing777/747

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:22 am

Photo taken during paint job:

http://myaviation.net/?pid=00904036

miamix707

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:56 pm

I think why most of you like this horrible "design" is because you're not used to seen such copycat livery yet in S. America. This is an attempto to appear modern gone wrong, if anything that looks even more third-world.

Taste has really gone down the drain lately. ARTISTS should be designing paintschemes, what a shame that's not the case anymore :/

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 7):
I'm getting SOOOOOOO sick of this type of livery!!

I was never a big fan of it (I only like it on Pluna, who introduced it 10 years ago, and they just messed it up with that recent update as the above pic shows)

If it was metallic it would be more interesting but this metalllic "imitation" is getting really annoying. So far to me it only looks great on Australia's Jetstar new A330.

[quote=USADreamliner,reply=7]I'm getting SOOOOOOO sick of this type of livery!!

Lan,Aeromexico,Shenzhen,UPS,World Airways,Thai,etc.

Here's the best (to me) livery in Venezuela now, striking, coloful, simple and distinctive. Can't wait to see this airline paint their 732s like this:

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/01n329ue.jpg

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 17):
Good taste is the enemy of creativity...Pablo Picasso.

I think Pablo Picasso would have probably gotten a bad case of chronic diarrhea looking at those..

Just when I thought Latinamerican airline paintschemes couldn't get any worse, here comes Aserca. Mostly eurowhite or crappy liveries and now the fake metallic look/arched paint on the rear has arrived. More like this will surely come..  yuck 

miamix707

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:21 pm

View Large View Medium

Photo © Philippe Bleus
View Large View Medium

Photo © Andries Waardenburg

Aserca's more creative old liveries for comparison.

Xkorpyoh

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:23 pm

That red and silver livery is beautiful!..love it!..

(you need new glasses!)

I know is not original, but for a such a small airline I am glad the chose a modern livery. I love all the metallic looking livery (except AA..they need to update it a bit)

Owleye

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 24):
ARTISTS should be designing paintschemes, what a shame that's not the case anymore

AGREE Miamix707!

Here's the best (to me) livery in Venezuela now, striking, coloful, simple and distinctive.

Alas, disagree. I do not like that Venozolano at all but hey that's my personal taste. That fuselage blue-white borderline is too straight which makes the plane looking stiff, it's not smooth enough and doesn't match with the brand name font. The tailfin logo is not creatively used/positioned, very predictable. The green-blue combo is okay (lucky no red-blue combo).

Owleye

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:35 am

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 25):

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andries Waardenburg

Totally agree with you MIAMIx707 regarding this livery. Thanks for sharing. That's a very, very nice and well designed one. Very distinctive colours. Pitty they dropped that one in favour for the latest one.

Wondering why this had airline so many different 'almost-simular' liveries around their birds-theme in use at the same time?

B757200

RE: Latest Ugly Identity Change: Venezuela's Aserc

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:49 am

Here's the best (to me) livery in Venezuela now, striking, coloful, simple and distinctive.

I respectfully disagree. That is just one of the worst liveries I've ever seen. Terrible color matching, and the design, oh well, quite creative. I also don't like that handwriting-styled font. It looks cheap.

But then again, this is just my personal opinion  Smile  duck 

miamix707

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:48 am

Quoting OwlEye (Reply 27):
That fuselage blue-white borderline is too straight which makes the plane looking stiff, it's not smooth enough and doesn't match with the brand name font. The tailfin logo is not creatively used/positioned, very predictable. The green-blue combo is okay (lucky no red-blue combo).

If you study that design you'll see that's like sort of a 70's look, sort of retro with that bright blue and the funky titles, which go very well with it. The bright blue and green (my fav. blue for aircraft) helps to accentuates that the airline is from a tropical country, Venezuela.

Quoting OwlEye (Reply 28):
Totally agree with you MIAMIx707 regarding this livery. Thanks for sharing. That's a very, very nice and well designed one. Very distinctive colours. Pitty they dropped that one in favour for the latest one.

Your welcome, glad you like it Owleye. Yes the combination of the font and the logo going around those boomerang shapes is cutting edge and imaginative, a bit ahead of it's time. The wine red and gold combinatioo is great as well. But they had to screw it up...

Quoting Xkorpyoh (Reply 26):
That red and silver livery is beautiful!..love it!..

(you need new glasses!)

I know is not original, but for a such a small airline I am glad the chose a modern livery. I love all the metallic looking livery (except AA..they need to update it a bit)

I don't wear glasses, maybe you took off yours?  Wink And the AA planes (which look awesome btw) are bare polished metal actually, which is not the case here...

I forgot, I also like this Venezuelan livery a lot (sort of 70's colorful/tropical look as well):

View Large View Medium

Photo © Alan Lebeda

Honestly, I don't find Aserca's new "design" and color combination any more exciting than this other terrible Venezuelan livery:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Ricardo Coppola

Owleye

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:59 am

If you study that design you'll see that's like sort of a 70's look, sort of retro with that bright blue and the funky titles, which go very well with it. The bright blue and green (my fav. blue for aircraft) helps to accentuates that the airline is from a tropical country, Venezuela.

The funky titles are okay for me but the tailfin paint design (that logo) is a bit weak (maybe better to have it in white and 1 x repeated bigger in green or lighter blue in the background). I admit that the BAe is a difficult plane to create a nice tailfin for.

The below depicted Aserca Airlines 'boomerang' livery is exciting. The red with gold combo is nice. Maybe brown-red would have been nicer. Anyway it's smart they kept a bit white at the very rear of fuselage. The 'Venuzuela' title was an unnecessary thing aslike putting 'air' of 'airlines' in lighter red. Though still a livery idea which could be used for future 2nd lifecycle...

http://eu.airliners.net/photos/photos/4/6/3/0190364.jpg

lamedianaranja

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:33 am

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 25):

Plain white with some color around its a**? How creative is that really?

Have a look here to see true artists at work:

http://www.liladesign.com/liladesign...rlinebranding/airlinebranding.html

Boeing777/747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting Lamedianaranja (Reply 32):

Unless the main colours were dark grey and light grey that VG livery was smashing!

http://www.liladesign.com/images/VG-Airlines-0.gif

egnr

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 am

Here's the best (to me) livery in Venezuela now, striking, coloful, simple and distinctive. Can't wait to see this airline paint their 732s like this:

Is that an ex-Eastern Airways (UK) aircraft? Or just a case of a very similar livery again?

View Large View Medium

Photo © Richard Hunt

7late7, A3latey, Sukhoi Superlate... what's going on?

miamix707

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:51 am

Quoting Owleye (Reply 31):
The funky titles are okay for me but the tailfin paint design (that logo) is a bit weak (maybe better to have it in white and 1 x repeated bigger in green or lighter blue in the background). I admit that the BAe is a difficult plane to create a nice tailfin for.

Owleye, design basics here, which you're probably aware of. The "theme" of this plane is the blue part, the engines AND the rather interesting titles. No real need to put a more elaborate logo here.

Quoting Boeing777/747 (Reply 33):
Unless the main colours were dark grey and light grey that VG livery was smashing!

Owleye did you personally disign it? In any color, that livery was sheer elegance, great work there. It's the best you guys have done.

I personally don't like that Easter Airways scheme as much, it's too busy on the back and not a fan of the shape of that logo either, it has NOTHING to do with the rest of the scheme. The titles don't really match either. The blue is a similar shade to what ghetto folks paint their cadillacs with over here.. Big grin

The below depicted Aserca Airlines 'boomerang' livery is exciting. The red with gold combo is nice

Imagine how cool that DC9 would've looked flying overhead with the bottom mostly dark red. Unfortunatelyon most pics I've seen are from the side.

Quoting Lamedianaranja (Reply 32):

Thanks Lamediafruta, I've seen Lila's website countless times... Just because you can't appreciate something, doesn't mean it's bad. Plain white with some color around it's a.. you mean the Avior right? You're an artist. Everyone is an artist  sarcastic  Big grin

Zudnic

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:08 am

This is one of my favorite color combinations. It reminds me of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' (American football team) scheme.

Aloha717200

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:27 pm

I like the new livery

Owleye

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:31 pm

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 35):
Owleye did you personally disign it?

Yes: my team and I created it for mr. Freddy Van Gaever (he lives near Antwerp). We first designed this livery in a darkblue colour. However Mr. Van Gaever send his wife to our office who finally decided to go for stylished dark grey.

http://eu.airliners.net/photos/photos/3/8/1/0760183.jpg

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 35):
Imagine how cool that DC9 would've looked flying overhead with the bottom mostly dark red. Unfortunatelyon most pics I've seen are from the side.

That belly design makes it all complete. Very nice indeed.

Boeing777/747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:29 pm

Quoting Owleye (Reply 38):
my team and I

You have cute wallpapers and advertising!

http://www.liladesign.com/liladesign...%20Lila%20Design/myliladesign.html

lamedianaranja

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:36 am

Well, what a coincidence, I didn't realize it was your site when I posted it right after your reply, but the website link in your signature is too small. Once again, beautiful designs  Cool I can't seem to find the interchanging KL/AF schemes on the site, did you remove them? If those liveries would ever happen!

miamix707

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:39 am

Front fuselaga copied from NW

Rear fuselage design trend copied from other airlines

Logo was copied from Luftledir Icelandic, lol:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jordi Grife - Iberian Spotters
View Large View Medium

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

how lame  crazy 

dacman

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:53 am

I LUV it, much nicer than the previous livery.....well done.

Michael
Dacman
LAX/LGB Local
"Airliner Photography is not a crime"

miamix707

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:48 am

Quoting Dacman (Reply 42):
I LUV it, much nicer than the previous livery.....well done.

Michael
Dacman
LAX/LGB Local

crazy  Big grin

That thing looks like it was designed by Hugo Chavez

Owleye

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:49 pm

Quoting Lamedianaranja (Reply 40):
I can't seem to find the interchanging KL/AF schemes on the site, did you remove them?

Yep, I removed them because they became irrelevant.