fly_yhm

Kelowna Flightcraft/Cargojet

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:49 am

Hey everyone
Im just wondering about KFC and Cargojets fleet right now.

KFC is running like 12 flights a day through YHM right now because of the CHRISTmas rush.

Cargojet is running about 10 its kinda nice having the added traffic. Anyway Im just wondering with such a busy schedule are they temporary leasing aircraft right now or are they ready to handle this amount of work with there current fleets.

Thanks

fly_yhm
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

Fly747

RE: Kelowna Flightcraft/Cargojet

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:08 am

All I can offer are some fleet stats at the following links. Not sure about the leasing.

KFC
Cargojet

Ivan

SkydrolBoy

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:11 pm

Kelowna Flightcraft currently has 13 727-200's and 3 Convair 580's in the Purolator Fleet.

YVRLTN

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:38 pm

Cargojet have added to their fleet during the past couple of years to cope with extra volumes. They have put on a third flight a day from YVR for xmas.

Quoting SkydrolBoy (Reply 2):
Kelowna Flightcraft currently has 13 727-200's and 3 Convair 580's in the Purolator Fleet

checkmark  They have just converted GWKF that was the Big Yellow Taxi to a freighter, she was all white (with winglets) when here the other week. Do you know if they still have the 100 srs (51C) GKFC?? Ive never seen it here.

We had to charter a Cargojet bird at short notice the other week and it was no problem. Generally they have spare aircraft available for such charters & in case of tech problems, so i think they just utilise these a bit more for the xmas rush.
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

qblue

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:51 pm

I see a Air North HS748 on the cargojet's apron in YVR. Does cargojet own the HS748 and haven't gotten around to paint the bird.

YVRLTN

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:25 pm

Quoting Qblue (Reply 4):
I see a Air North HS748 on the cargojet's apron in YVR. Does cargojet own the HS748 and haven't gotten around to paint the bird.

I dont think its actually operating for Cargojet, just using their ramp and they are doing the handling. Its doing fish charters between KTN - ive never actually seen it move, though believe it goes out and back once a day.
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

yow

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:26 am

Given that most of CJA's & KF's fleet sits idle during the daytime, I would think adding enough extra Christmas capacity with their existing fleets would cover off most of their needs.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos