8herveg
Topic Author

What New Routes To Expect From Virgin Atlantic?

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:31 am

Chicago and Nairobi have been recently announced to start in 2007, but does anyone know of any other routes Virgin Atlantic are hoping to serve?

At the moment they are receiving a new A346 every month. Does anyone know how many they ordered?

Surely with these new aircraft arriving, new routes should be announced more frequently? Or are these aircraft replacing older ones?

What is the situation with Rio de Janeiro? Will Virgin ever fly there?

I can imagine these destinations in the long term:

Beijing (hopefully to start before the 2008 Olympics!)
Bangkok
Calcutta
Seychelles
Mauritius - although, I think they are starting that already, but for some reason it cannot be booked on the website!
Toronto
Vancouver
Philadelphia
Abu Dhabi
Bahrain

What does everyone think?

B742

RE: What New Routes To Expect From Virgin Atlantic?

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:34 am

Quoting 8herveg (Thread starter):
Mauritius - although, I think they are starting that already, but for some reason it cannot be booked on the website!

LGW-MRU starts in November 2007 (B744), perhaps you cannot book flights as of yet.

I hope we can see BKK.

MEL has been mentioned on several occasions, although rumours only.

Rob!  wave 

8herveg
Topic Author

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:44 am

Quoting B742 (Reply 1):
LGW-MRU starts in November 2007 (B744), perhaps you cannot book flights as of yet.

I guess that makes sense. Nov 2007 is quite a while away!!

I too hope they serve MEL, although I feel if BA cannot manage it, I don't see how VS can, unless they set up a codeshare with Virgin Blue? At least BA had the advantage of being a OneWorld partner with Qantas so would allow for onward connections.

I don't think they could set up this route based on O & D traffic. There just isn't enough between these two cities as well as the 2 x daily Qantas route.

Could be completly wrong though!

behramjee

Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:26 am

YYZ is expected to be launched from Oct 2007 as well.

IAD380

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:22 am

I wonder if VS is seriously considering starting flights to a South American city, such as RIO, GRU, or EZE. If it did, it would be one of the few airlines that serves six continents.

MSYtristar

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:25 am

You better believe that I spoke with the flight crew of the VS A346 that was here yesterday and got their thoughts on VS serving MSY. They liked the idea...a lot! I'm still keeping the dream alive....

cslusarc

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:34 am

Why would VS launch YYZ in the cold of Winter? Wouldn't it be better for them to wait until the start of the 2008 IATA Summer Season?
--cslusarc from YWG

MAH4546

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:19 am

Maybe with AA not flying MIA-MAN anymore and with VS' recent expansion of MAN services, they'll finally get around to starting MIA-MAN, which they promised back in 1989...
a.

Leezyjet

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:19 am

At the moment they are receiving a new A346 every month

Not quite one every month. The last one arrived in October and the next one probably won't be arriving until the new year.

Already being served by a codeshare with Air China.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

PM

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:35 am

Does anyone know how many they ordered?

A cool 25!

8herveg
Topic Author

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:53 am

Quoting Leezyjet (Reply 8):

Already being served by a codeshare with Air China.

How many times daily/weekly does Air China serve this route? Will it increase when the 2008 Olympics take place?

Sketty222

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:01 am

Quoting 8herveg (Reply 2):
I don't see how VS can, unless they set up a codeshare with Virgin Blue? At least BA had the advantage of being a OneWorld partner with Qantas

Compltley agree with you on that one

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 7):
Maybe with AA not flying MIA-MAN anymore and with VS' recent expansion of MAN services, they'll finally get around to starting MIA-MAN, which they promised back in 1989...

VS are starting a new MAN-MCO service next year probably to contend with AA's seasonal MAN-MIA route. I know MCO is ot MIA but VS are a premium leisure airline

Lee
There's flying and then there's flying

blrBird

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:22 am

Calcutta

They may opt for HYD before CCU.
from star dust....

DJ748

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:15 pm

Quoting B742 (Reply 1):

If they start a service to Melbourne, I wonder if they would think about starting a service to BNE. Virgin Blue have a nicely sized hub here in Brisbane so inbound passengers could easily connect onto tourist destinations such as CNS, or even get a train direct from the airport to the Gold Coast (saves needing to fly to OOL).

If VS play their cards right, they could easily make the service work, and would bring back the BNE to London (whether it be LHR or LGW) since BA stopped serving BNE 6 years ago now.

MCOGVADCA

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:02 pm

Quoting Sketty222 (Reply 11):
VS are starting a new MAN-MCO service next year probably to contend with AA's seasonal MAN-MIA route. I know MCO is ot MIA but VS are a premium leisure airline

VS has been flying MCO-MAN year-round for many years now, and is arguably a more established route than MIA-MAN given the latter is only a seasonal service. Unless you mean that VS is starting a second daily MCO-MAN...?

Also, I would contend that these two routes are quite different with very little overlap, not many people who can afford VS would opt to fly into MCO and then drive to Miami. Just my two cents...
12 months: mdl heh rgn kmg nng sha gmp icn can pvg sfo mco lwc sin dps cdg gva

sevenheavy

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:54 pm

VS receive their next A346 (G-VWEB) next week. After that the next delivery if February '07.

There is also the possibility of a couple of A343 rejoining the fleet after return from other leases.

From a routes perspective there is still room for modest growth in 2007. Look for Toronto in Mar/Apr 2007. Beijing and HKG2 Fall 2007.

That will be about all for 2007. As you know ORD,IAD2,MRU are already announced.

For 2008 look for SFO2, possibly additional India frequencies and Bahrain/Abu Dhabi. Also an outside chance for Guangzhou, depending on the chinese economy.

Regards
So long 701, it was nice knowing you.

6thfreedom

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:06 pm

Quoting DJ748 (Reply 13):
If they start a service to Melbourne, I wonder if they would think about starting a service to BNE. Virgin Blue have a nicely sized hub here in Brisbane so inbound passengers could easily connect onto tourist destinations such as CNS, or even get a train direct from the airport to the Gold Coast (saves needing to fly to OOL).

I would think MEL would come online before BNE, and i cant see both happening at once, as the sector requires 3 aircraft for a daily service.

I think a few options could be MEL via BKK, or even via PEK when rights become available. MEL has equally as good a hub as BNE, with connections to more populated cities, such as ADL, Tasmania, canberra etc.

That being said, BNE desperately needs some China services, so perhaps an extension of a Chinese city to BNE??

Kevin777

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:28 pm

Calcutta

The problem with an Indian expansion right now is that there is HUGE overcapacity in the market, and with the new Indian Airlines (and in particular IT) pushing on for international services (without thinking about the economics of it) it's a very tough market only getting tougher. That said, I would expect that - if VS chose another Indian destination - HYD (like someone mentioned above) or BLR would come before CCU; Calcutta might be an Indian economic up comer but it's still no BOM or so at all.

Abu Dhabi
Bahrain

With QR, EK and EY adding new widebodies to their fleets on a daily basis practically, I think the yield environment here is gonna be tough. I think VS can keep their DXB service in the long run, but I doubt there'd be room for more M.E.

Quoting B742 (Reply 1):

There is an excellent thread out there on this subject, a couple of months old I think. Basically, no one could seem to agree! Personally, I don't think so, again, yields are too low (which of course also has something to do with the M.E. carriers)

Quoting DJ748 (Reply 13):

If VS play their cards right, they could easily make the service work, and would bring back the BNE to London (whether it be LHR or LGW) since BA stopped serving BNE 6 years ago now

BNE could, like MEL, be interesting, but again, BA probably left because of poor yields, and I reckon they haven't got any higher in recent years - and they're certainly not about to.

Bangkok
Toronto
Vancouver
Philadelphia

They all seem very likely, also Rio could be cool (cooler than Sao Paulo anyway!).

Love VS, flying with them BOM-LHR in four days, can't wait, it was such a nice experience last time, even flying in Y!.. Sadly they don't use 346 on LHR-BOM, would love to try that a/c...

Cheers,

Kevin777  Smile
"I was waiting for you at DFW, but you must have been in LUV" CPH-HAM-CPH CR9

planesailing

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:35 pm

Is their expansion in any way limited by the availability of slots at Heathrow?

FCAFLYBOY

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:36 pm

I can see YYZ as they used to fly there some time ago, also I can
see GRU.

Other "possibilities"

1. MEL
2. BKK
3. MEX
4. PLS
5. PEK
6. ICN
7. SEA
8. CGK

juventus

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:15 pm

Cancun is trying hard to lure Virgin. Thousands and thousands of British tourists get there via the US on American carriers. CUN wants a schedule flight from the UK.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...d=12552&docId=l:545151462&start=25

behramjee

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:23 am

Quoting Kevin777 (Reply 17):
The problem with an Indian expansion right now is that there is HUGE overcapacity in the market, and with the new Indian Airlines (and in particular IT) pushing on for international services (without thinking about the economics of it) it's a very tough market only getting tougher. That said, I would expect that - if VS chose another Indian destination - HYD (like someone mentioned above) or BLR would come before CCU;

The Indian markets over served from UK are MAA, BOM and DEL only.

If VS flew nonstop to AMD or BLR from LHR, they will make money on both routes due to lack of nonstop flights. Only BA flies to BLR nonstop from LHR, where as no Western carrier except for KU flies to AMD.

Sketty222

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:56 am

Quoting MCOGVADCA (Reply 14):
Unless you mean that VS is starting a second daily MCO-MAN...?

Thats what I meant

Quoting Juventus (Reply 20):
Cancun is trying hard to lure Virgin. Thousands and thousands of British tourists get there via the US on American carriers. CUN wants a schedule flight from the UK.

Completely agree wth you on that one. BA stopped flying there about 3-4 years ago now and from what I can remember the flights were always quite busy

Lee
There's flying and then there's flying

steeler83

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:16 am

I can imagine these destinations in the long term:

Philadelphia

If they were to start PHL, I see a couple of things hindering them from doing so.

1) Available space at PHL, although you did mention that this was a long term possibility. Maybe something will open up, because I believe gate space is an isssue here, but I believe I could be very wrong on this. What about US and WN growing PHL there, and airlines like DL playing musicle gates/slots regarding the US/WN expansions?

2) Suppose they start PHL service from either LHR or LGW. They would compete with BA and US respectively. However, given the massive international O&D, this might not be such a problem...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

HUYguy

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:36 am

I know it wouldn't ever happen, but wouldn't you love to see VS metal flying over Maho Beach! An amazing site that would be. Realistically though, could anyone else see Virgin fly to Honolulu? That might be better suited to LGW though. Or maybe Osaka. I don't know, purely guesses. As for South America, I think it would be a matter or when rather than if.

PanAmOldDC8

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:38 am

By the way Virgin is adding an extra flight a day to Barbados to offset the closing of the old BWIA and start up of Caribbean Airways starting in April as far as the news I get out of there
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

SJUSXM

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:47 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 23):
If they were to start PHL, I see a couple of things hindering them from doing so.

1) Available space at PHL, although you did mention that this was a long term possibility. Maybe something will open up, because I believe gate space is an isssue here, but I believe I could be very wrong on this. What about US and WN growing PHL there, and airlines like DL playing musicle gates/slots regarding the US/WN expansions?

Gate space should not be a problem for one daily flight leaving with the European bank, at least now that we got the Int'l terminal open. DL and WN are in Terminal E which is only domestic with WN & DL and i think FL and maybe a few other i cant remember off the top of my head, US is in F (express) C B Aeast and Awest (INTL).

Quoting HUYguy (Reply 24):
. Realistically though, could anyone else see Virgin fly to Honolulu?

While I think this would be awesome i don't see this happening. London is about 6300nm from HNL and theyre are plenty of other places to visit similar to HNL, such as SXM  spin  . Plus HNL isnt really a business type area so that would dilute yields, not that business travelers are what VS is going after. Thirdly i think that this would require more than one plane to do the route daily, otherwise it could only be 3 or 4x weekly, which may be better economically than daily
AT7, ER3, ER4, ER5, CR7, E70, E75, F100, M82, M83, 722, 732, 738, 752, 762, 763, AB6, 320, 321, 772, 77W

777FlyGuy

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:55 am

[quote=MSYtristar,reply=5]You better believe that I spoke with the flight crew of the VS A346 that was here yesterday and got their thoughts on VS serving MSY. They liked the idea...a lot! I'm still keeping the dream alive....

Has MSY ever had n/s service to Europe? Seems like I have an old National timetable buried in a box someplace that shows a route to LGW, maybe like a once a week seasonal thing? I know MSY was listed as part of the old DL/PA interchange back in the 70's.

ek-a380

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:07 am

Why does India get mentioned so often, Pakistan is underserved and is one of the main types of traffic that the likes of EK, QR and EY carry onwards and charge £450.00 plus.

What I have never been able to understand is that a flight to Pakistan ex UK is eight hours similar to New York but getting to New York is cheaper.

Surely there is more money to be made from flying to Pakistan. PIA do a pretty crap job of it and their aircraft new and old smell of curry!!!

Middle East airlines are excellent but you have the stopover, it would be great if VS or BD flew from MAN to LHE or even LYP!

MSYtristar

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:02 am

Quoting 777FlyGuy (Reply 27):
Has MSY ever had n/s service to Europe? Seems like I have an old National timetable buried in a box someplace that shows a route to LGW, maybe like a once a week seasonal thing?

BA did MEX-MSY-LGW with the L15 in 1982...before that, NA flew MSY-CDG/AMS for a short while in 1979. Besides that, just charters, and the interchange service that you mentioned.

steeler83

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting SJUSXM (Reply 26):
Gate space should not be a problem for one daily flight leaving with the European bank, at least now that we got the Int'l terminal open.

Yeah, what am I thinking??? They'll go to A-west I am sure. Duh!  dopey 

The DOMESTIC gates are the ones that are a nightmare
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

vega

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:46 am

Quoting Steeler83 (Reply 23):

Gate space should not be a problem for one daily flight leaving with the European bank, at least now that we got the Int'l terminal open. DL and WN are in Terminal E which is only domestic with WN & DL and i think FL and maybe a few other i cant remember off the top of my head, US is in F (express) C B Aeast and Awest (INTL).

Gate space surely wouldn't be a problem in A. The only reason US is squawking so loud about not having enough international gates (pre-DL takeover proposal) is because they don't want WN to expand to 100+ daily flights and they do not want DL to invade the international turf with domestic services by moving to A-East. The latter is surely reasonable, although AA has been in A(East) since it opened and uses it principally for Domestic and RON services with a few Caribbean routes. US's problem is that they want all their TA flights to leave together in 2 Banks, whereas international carriers (BA, LH, AF, etc.) have more flexibility because they do not use US gates. Any new carrier will just have to fit into the right time slot and/or use one of these non-US international gates. If Virgin opened PHL, they would surely fly to LHR, since it would be permissable under Bermuda2. Even though Virgin would be competing with BA's 777/767, their partnership with US should reduce the reliance on O&D. This partnership could also make gate availability much easier.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

by738

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:49 am

Wonder if there would be any expansion from GLA if their short MCO series does well

sevenforeseven

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 am

Ek-a380 perhaps "Security issues" have a lot to do with it??? If yo see what I mean.

FCAFLYBOY

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:07 am

VS are starting a new MAN-MCO

VS have been flying MAN-MCO for ages!
Is it extra frequency or something?

VS are a premium leisure airline

No.... they're a scheduled airline, like BA.

steeler83

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:58 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 31):

Yeah, I don't know why I thought there would be slot troubles. A-west is a brand new terminal that can easily be expanded... On top of that, your arguments are rather interesting. I guess I must have been under an enormous rock, but I did not know that US had a partnership with US, or was that BA? D'oh! Now I am confused! It's been a long week...

777FlyGuy

RE: What New Routes To Expect From Virgin Atlantic

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:14 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 29):
BA did MEX-MSY-LGW with the L15 in 1982...before that, NA flew MSY-CDG/AMS for a short while in 1979. Besides that, just charters, and the interchange service that you mentioned.

Thanks for the FYI. I never knew about that BA service. I thought NA flew some route to Europe for awhile, just off on my destinations.

LipeGIG

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:22 pm

What is the situation with Rio de Janeiro? Will Virgin ever fly there?

IMO they will fly to Rio by 2008.

Quoting Kevin777 (Reply 17):
They all seem very likely, also Rio could be cool (cooler than Sao Paulo anyway!).

Agree 100% and Rio was on their past wish list.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

Kevin777

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:32 pm

Quoting Behramjee (Reply 21):
The Indian markets over served from UK are MAA, BOM and DEL only.

Strictly speaking, that might be the case, but India is not bigger that low yields/over served cities pull down the yields of the overall market. If tickets to BOM go for 300 pounds return, tickets to AMD, 500 km away, won't go for 450 - which is probably the realistic, "fair" Y-fare.

Quoting Behramjee (Reply 21):
If VS flew nonstop to AMD or BLR from LHR, they will make money on both routes due to lack of nonstop flights

Then why don't they?!?!?  Smile Not too sure about BLR, but I reckon that if AMD was big enough for another player to enter on AMD-LHR, AI would have more than thrice weekly service, via BOM on top of this.

I know it wouldn't ever happen, but wouldn't you love to see VS metal flying over Maho Beach! An amazing site that would be. Or maybe Osaka

VS at Maho Beach!!  santahat   santahat   santahat  Now that would be one heck of a christmas present from Branson to a.netters! Seriously though, VS flies all over the Caribbean, could be...?!?!? Osaka; good idea route wise, but I think it's too expensive to fly into KIX (that's why many pulled out).

As for South America, I think it would be a matter or when rather than if.

Right now they should really exploit the void left by Varig, and built up a loyal clientele before they can start off seriously again.

not that business travelers are what VS is going after

??? C-pax are indeed what they are going after. And leisure pax. And those in between also. Just like most other scheduled airlines, as someone mentioned above.

Quoting Ek-a380 (Reply 28):
Surely there is more money to be made from flying to Pakistan. PIA do a pretty crap job of it and their aircraft new and old smell of curry!!!

Probably it has something to do with a strict UK-Pakistan bilateral. Btw, AI's planes smell of curry too!!! Sucks!

Kevin777  Smile

David_itl

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:47 pm

MAN-MCO has been operating upto 9 weekly since July so perhaps we could be looking at going to 10 to 12 weekly? The potential routes for them ex-MAN remain the current BD "leisure" ones and a very remote possibility of a weekly LAX service.

777FlyGuy

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:46 am

I saw a photo on a.net of 4 VS 744's at MCO. Pretty awesome awesome sight. Almost thought it was London for a sec.

connector4you

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:34 am

It's just hard for me to believe that Virgin will ever open Vancouver. I even have some doubts about them flying into Toronto as well.

Canada and UK have now an open sky agreement in effect and both BA and AC are boosting up their frequencies (capacities) across Canada. Not to mention the entire flock of hungry long-range, low cost charter operators from both countries cruising above and eyeing a piece of the pie.

I think that Virgin just lost their train after 9/11 when they had a huge opportunity to dig down and root its self deep into Canada. They choose instead not to take that risk (and related cost) and now it’s simply to late to take on the two dominant alliances STAR and One World, ruling Canada these days.

zvezda

RE: What New Routes To Expect From Virgin Atlantic

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:13 am

Quoting 8herveg (Reply 2):
I too hope they serve MEL, although I feel if BA cannot manage it, I don't see how VS can, unless they set up a codeshare with Virgin Blue?

BA, VS, and QF (until nonstop service starts) have a big disadvantage on the Kangeroo route relative to hub operations like EK and SQ. The latter have scissor hub operations. Passengers flying from SYD, MEL, BNE, PER, etc. all can arrive at SIN at about the same time and connect to either LHR, MAN, FRA, CDG, etc. EK and SQ don't need to fill planes full of passengers going between one Oz city and one UK city; they can mix and match.

BA, QF, or VS could set up a mini hub at DXB and fly there from LHR, MAN, SYD, and MEL with both ex-UK flights arriving together and then departing for OZ after swapping passengers (and vice versa in the other direction), however, they would not have EK's plethora of connection options to other cities.

cactusTECH

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:19 am

We should defenetly start taking over South America CCS to BOG and GIG

Kevin777

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:10 pm

Just throwing in a few VS wild cards here...:

PHX
SAN

With increasing relations betwen U.K./Europe and Southwestern U.S., for instance Europeans buying snowbird-property there... could be..??? They already do LAS and LAX, adding PHX and or SAN would really increase their strength in the region... or..???

Kevin777  Smile

LXA340

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:15 pm

The loads on LHR-TLV flights on both LY and BA are very good. BA just upgraded it's day flight in March from 763 to 772 and is considering to upgrade it's night flight as well again from thr 763 to 772. Wouldn't that be a lucrative route and maybe with codeshare with SQ offer it in combiunation with flights to SIN as many israelis go there for business?

Kevin777

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:23 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 45):
The loads on LHR-TLV flights on both LY and BA are very good. BA just upgraded it's day flight in March from 763 to 772 and is considering to upgrade it's night flight as well again from thr 763 to 772. Wouldn't that be a lucrative route and maybe with codeshare with SQ offer it in combiunation with flights to SIN as many israelis go there for business?

Hmm.. to be honest I just don't think it's VS potential; guess it's a bit to short for their onboard product (and four-engined a/c).. Does BA do a "full" four-class service to TLV or is there only WT, WTP and CW??? If it's the case it might work for VS too??

Another thing might be impractical security issues; I guess there is a lot of hassle flying to TLV, maybe especially from LHR. What's the bilateral betwen UK/Israel?? Anyone knows??

Kevin777

cornish

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:30 pm

Well asides Chicago, Nairobi and Mauritius which we know about, Rio has long been mentioned as on the wish list. HKG was supposed to get extra flights to help with the capacity issue there (and make the onward SYD leg more sensible at last by freeing up some space) - not sure if that has been announced yet. Washington is getting more of course. Perhaps Dubai's frequency will be increased too. South Africa too.

For an airline Virgin's size I suspect the three first named will be the only new cities for 2007. I can't really see them announcing much more on top - just greater frequency elsewhere.

Quoting Kevin777 (Reply 44):
Just throwing in a few VS wild cards here...:

PHX
SAN

And you can throw them right out again.....

Quoting Kevin777 (Reply 38):
Osaka; good idea route wise, but I think it's too expensive to fly into KIX (that's why many pulled out).

Actually bad idea routewise - yes very expensive, like Narita, but nowhere near the same level of yields. European carriers ahve always found KIX a very hard market - one best left to the Japanese carriers and a few specialists due to the greater proportion of Japanese rather than European travellers on that route.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

cornish

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:42 pm

Oh as an aside - I've also heard a rumour from an impeccable source that the bmi A330 that got pulled from Mumbai services due to the cracked undercarriage is now working on Hajj pilgrimage flights into Jeddah.

In the new year it may well be seen operating Lagos flights for Virgin/Virgin Nigeria under wet lease.......
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

LXA340

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:17 am

Quoting Kevin777 (Reply 46):

The day flight operated by 777 offers all the 4 onboard classes and on the 763's there are all classes available besides F as the 763's don't have any F Class. Lufthansa for instance also uses it's 744 and A346's on it's TLV flights so I gues when it comes to those points it will not have an affect of choosing to fly there.