Bridogger6
Topic Author

New US "buttons"

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:35 pm

I haven't officially seen one yet, but as rumored by an HP pilot they should be coming soon...

One will be a US button that says "Make Delta My b*tch" which is a counter to the "Keep Delta My Delta Buttons" which is very harsh and mean but it made me laugh... the ironic thing is none of the pilots or US/HP employees really care for this merger to go through either. They should be out within the next couple weeks.

The other button that is rumored (but not quite as substantiated as the first button's rumor) is a button saying "US Airways and Delta: Owned and Operated by America West.

Anyway while kind of cruel, they are humorous I thought, no matter your opinions of the merger.

I guess we'll see within the next couple of weeks if either of these buttons comes out.

[Edited 2006-12-18 07:36:41]

USAirPlatinum

RE: New US "buttons"

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:38 pm

Hahahaha. I'd pay to buy a "Make Delta My B****" pin just to annoy the Deltoids.  Wink
"Hey guys, Delta is OUR Delta right now." -- Unpaid Creditors

vega

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:51 pm

We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

Aeroflot777

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:53 pm

If that's true, shame on them, truly disgusting behavior...

Aeroflot777

jmc1975

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:55 pm

I've also heard rumors of "Make Delta Our Delta" buttons coming out for US employees.

USAirPlatinum

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:17 pm

Here's my quick-n-dirty entry.  Wink

AirframeAS

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Quoting Bridogger6 (Thread starter):
One will be a US button that says "Make Delta My b*tch" which is a counter to the "Keep Delta My Delta Buttons"

That is misrepresenting the company and leads to termination of said job. If this really does happen, I would be very surprised to see HP/US have ZERO class in this whole thing. This isnt high school anymore, ya know....
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

DL WIDGET HEAD

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:22 pm

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 1):
I'd pay to buy a "Make Delta My B****" pin just to annoy the Deltoids.

You don't need a pin to do that.

USAirPlatinum

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:23 pm

Oh please, all this complaining about US having some fun with this is "crap." The complaints about "no class and decorum" went out the window when the Delta people all started complaining and attacking US as a "crappy carrier that doesn't deserve us."

This is just a poke in the eye at their parochialism. One of the fun things about US is that it doesn't take itself seriously and its people are easy-going and not uptight. I'd love to see a button-war between the two carriers, especially done with a little humor.

Charger

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:36 am

Make Delta My b*tch

Real class act. I wouldn't expect anything better from US.

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 3):

Typical US. Why is anyone surprised?

DLPMMM

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:05 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 8):
One of the fun things about US is that it doesn't take itself seriously and its people are easy-going and not uptight.

That was the reason I quit flying US Airways a decade ago (as a gold level FFer at the time) and switched all my flying to DL. US Airways didn't take their job of transporting me seriously by treating me poorly. The employees just didn't seem to give a sh** about the customer. Just my personal experiences.

I will be one of those platinum premium international business customers who will find a new preferred carrier if US Airways takeover is successful. I have no deep emotional attachment to DL, just an appreciation for their service and convenience over the years. I am sure that AA, CO, or UA will have no problem in giving me comped status for the first few months of a year until I build up status to their top level. I have no desire to fly on a LCC on a regular basis, which US Airways has declared is their corporate philosophy.

iairallie

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:08 am

Why do the US air people take it so personally that Delta doesn't want to be taken over?
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:40 am

Hahahaha. I'd pay to buy a "Make Delta My B****" pin just to annoy the Deltoids.

And I want to be clear about this. This attitude is the exact reason why Delta employees want absolutely nothing to do with US. Thanks for making it shamefully obvious to everyone.

This is just a poke in the eye at their parochialism.

Oh yea, nothing like bringing down an airline that has a history of exceedingly top tier customer service and operations down to the US level.

One of the fun things about US is that it doesn't take itself seriously and its people are easy-going and not uptight.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

You're talking about USAirways, not Southwest. Sorry for your confusion.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:44 am

I don't know why the Delta folks take themselves so seriously. . . all the metrics show an airline in decline/collapse. They certainly didn't withhold the US bashing when US was in dire trouble a few years back -- going so far as to court away customers at some airports.

But now their own airline is in collapse while US is resurgent, and suddenly it's offensive for US folks to parlay a bit and poke fun at the mighty, perfect Delta. . .

silentbob

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 11):
Why do the US air people take it so personally that Delta doesn't want to be taken over?

I think it was the people on the other side who made it personal. Most US employees that I know are waiting to see how things turn out and looking for information about how the merger would impact them.

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:57 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 13):
I don't know why the Delta folks take themselves so seriously.

Because it's their jobs and everything they've sacrificed for on the line! Only someone with rocks in their head would not get this.

all the metrics show an airline in decline/collapse.

Show us some then.

They certainly didn't withhold the US bashing when US was in dire trouble a few years back

Bull. Delta did not attempt to take them over and destroy their company. Delta left them alone. That's a concept Dung Parker (and you) can't seem to grasp.

Besides, Delta is in no way, shape, or form on the verge of liquidation, like US was. That's a fact, whether you want to except it or not.

going so far as to court away customers at some airports.

God, you must hate Southwest and Jetblue then.  Yeah sure

But now their own airline is in collapse

Incorrect. Stop saying it.

and suddenly it's offensive for US folks to parlay a bit and poke fun at the mighty, perfect Delta. . .

No, please keep it up. It shows everyone exactly why Delta wants no part of people like you.

FlyDeltaJets

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:58 am

For those of you who want to support the KDMD movement fill out this form It may have been already posted but the more the better.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:16 am

Delta is in no way, shape, or form on the verge of liquidation

Delta is insolvent. Chapter 11 allows it to avoid having its assets repossessed after it lost the ability to repay its bills. Delta is indeed on the verge of liquidation or it wouldn't be in Chapter 11.

you must hate Southwest and Jetblue then

Southwest and JetBlue compete on their own merits, and don't have the smug superiority I'm seeing from the DL folks and that others have seen for years.

Delta wants no part of people like you

Exactly. I'm a paying customer, and Delta's efforts to repel paying customers have put them into their current sorry state. Mixing misplaced pride and nostalgia into that situation has created a situation with no good options for them.

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:29 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 17):
Delta is indeed on the verge of liquidation or it wouldn't be in Chapter 11.

This is an incorrect statement.

US was on the verge of liquidation. TWA was on the verge of liquidation.

Delta is not. I know that's what you want to believe, but it's not truth.

Southwest and JetBlue compete on their own merits, and don't have the smug superiority I'm seeing from the DL folks and that others have seen for years.

A very hypocritical statement. WN and B6 have done FAR more damage to your beloved LCC than Delta.

Exactly. I'm a paying customer, and Delta's efforts to repel paying customers have put them into their current sorry state.

This is another incorrect statement from you, and you missed my point entirely. Congrats, you're a double threat now!  Wink

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:33 am

A very hypocritical statement. WN and B6 have done FAR more damage to your beloved LCC than Delta.

Profitable, cash-flow positive, growing profitable new routes -- Delta needs some "damage" like that.  Wink

you missed my point entirely

No I didn't -- I knew exactly what you meant. Unfortunately for you, Delta isn't a club or a family, it's a business. A business that's in trouble.

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:50 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 19):

Profitable, cash-flow positive, growing profitable new routes --

And yet you're threatened by this 'airline on the verge of liquidation". That says a lot.

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 19):
No I didn't -- I knew exactly what you meant. Unfortunately for you, Delta isn't a club or a family, it's a business. A business that's in trouble.

Yeah...ya did. And you still are.

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:58 am

you're threatened by this 'airline on the verge of liquidation". That says a lot.

I'm not threatened at all. How could I be? I am not employed by any competitor of Delta, and I am actually a customer of that carrier from time to time.

It's not a religion, it's business. The DL employees and fans need to start thinking that way -- I guarantee the creditors and other constituents are.

AirframeAS

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:16 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets (Reply 16):

Done!

I'm a paying customer

Are you flying on DL anytime soon?
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:23 am

I don't have plans to, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to. Most of my travel is short notice and I tend to fly the carrier with the most convenient routing, which means it's sometimes Delta.

micstatic

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:42 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 23):
I don't have plans to, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to. Most of my travel is short notice and I tend to fly the carrier with the most convenient routing, which means it's sometimes Delta.

If convenient routing is your criteria, I'm suprised you ever fly US!
S340,DH8,AT7,CR2/7,E135/45/170/190,319,320,717,732,733,734,735,737,738,744,752,762,763,764,772,M80,M90

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:52 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 21):
I'm not threatened at all. How could I be?

Sure seems like it to me...

They certainly didn't withhold the US bashing when US was in dire trouble a few years back -- going so far as to court away customers at some airports.

Yeah sure

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 21):
The DL employees and fans need to start thinking that way -- I guarantee the creditors and other constituents are.

And I guarantee the creditors realize and unhappy work force will negate a good deal of the 'synregy' that Dung Parker keep popping off at the mouth about.

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:52 am

I tend to work from Philadelphia or Boston when I'm in the USA, and when flying to the Southeast, a connection through CLT is oodles better than the Atlanta slog. Although I'll book DL to the Southeast if the fare is cheaper (which is happening much less often these days).

DL also seems to be running super-cheap fares to Europe from the West Coast. When I transfer there, I may be flying them more often, so long as the fares stay low (though the low fares suggest low yields and flights that aren't going to be around much longer).

aloha73g

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:02 am

Delta is insolvent. Chapter 11 allows it to avoid having its assets repossessed after it lost the ability to repay its bills. Delta is indeed on the verge of liquidation or it wouldn't be in Chapter 11.

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy alone does NOT mean a company is insolvent and close to liquidation. Chapter 11 is protection FROM liquidation. TWA was going to file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy (Liquidation) in 2001. US Airways was going to switch from a Chapter 11 to a Chapter 7 before America West came in. Delta is nowhere near a Chapter 7, and hence nowhere near liquidation.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 27):
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy alone does NOT mean a company is insolvent and close to liquidation. Chapter 11 is protection FROM liquidation. TWA was going to file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy (Liquidation) in 2001. US Airways was going to switch from a Chapter 11 to a Chapter 7 before America West came in. Delta is nowhere near a Chapter 7, and hence nowhere near liquidation.

He can't comprehend the difference, or refuses to acknowledge it. He's been told this many, many times.

D L X

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:14 am

A few important things that are apparently completely lost on the Delta cheerleaders:

1) what is the veracity of this claim that the airline is sanctioning buttons that mock DL?

2) the idea is funny. Laugh at it, and realize that it's nothing more than the parody you'd see of serious stuff on Saturday Night Live or the Daily Show. It's clearly not to be taken seriously (if it was even produced by the airline or a large section of its workers).

3) if the button said "Make US my bitch" you very same people would be laughing hysterically, and would be fully on board, as you have been with plenty of other low-class jabs at US over the years. Don't pretend to take the high road now.

What you need to realize is that the low-class airline that you one made fun of is no longer (as I note from my passenger seat) and the high class airline you once claimed to be is no longer (as I also note from my passenger seat). The two airlines are one in the same. I think that's the reality you are choosing to ignore.

william

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:27 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 29):

From one frequent flyer to another, you are entitled to your opine,but I fully disagree.

D L X

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:34 am

Quoting William (Reply 30):
From one frequent flyer to another, you are entitled to your opine,but I fully disagree

And to be fair, I should have said "some" not all. That message applies to some much more than others.

DLPMMM

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:35 am

I've flown on HP, I've flown on US, I'm PM on DL. If HP/US takes over DL, then it will be goodbye DL for me.

The two airlines are one in the same. I think that's the reality you are choosing to ignore.

I don't know what flights you have been on, but the differences in customer service between the two are quite clear to me.

deltagator

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:42 am

all the metrics show an airline in decline/collapse.

Oh really? You want to back that up with some Ross Perot graphs or maybe even a source? I would argue that the metrics show Delta doing just fine. I suppose you just don't understand how someone can make all these changes during bankruptcy and emerge a stronger airline instead of going through bk twice in a couple of years since they couldn't figure it out the first time.

while US is resurgent

More like stagnant.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:43 am

2) the idea is funny. Laugh at it, and realize that it's nothing more than the parody you'd see of serious stuff on Saturday Night Live or the Daily Show. It's clearly not to be taken seriously (if it was even produced by the airline or a large section of its workers).

3) if the button said "Make US my bitch" you very same people would be laughing hysterically, and would be fully on board, as you have been with plenty of other low-class jabs at US over the years. Don't pretend to take the high road now

There's nothing funny about people losing their jobs.

What you need to realize is that the low-class airline that you one made fun of is no longer (as I note from my passenger seat) and the high class airline you once claimed to be is no longer (as I also note from my passenger seat). The two airlines are one in the same.

There's no factual basis to back that up, and plenty to the contrary.

D L X

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:17 am

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 32):
I don't know what flights you have been on, but the differences in customer service between the two are quite clear to me.

Hey, if you prefer DL, fly DL. If you don't want to fly DL if US buys it, you're entitled to that opinion. But, it sounds a lot like the people that said they'd move to Canada if Bush won.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 33):
More like stagnant.

Their stock has risen threefold in less than a year - that's hardly stagnant.

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 34):
There's nothing funny about people losing their jobs.

You would have laughed if it had said "Make US my bitch."

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 34):
There's no factual basis to back that up, and plenty to the contrary.

Dude, we're talking about matters of opinion. Look, I know DL is your favorite airline, but you need to understand that not everyone is in love with them. Have you forgotten "Don't Even Let Them Aboard?" Again, I'm not going to criticize DL, but seriously - it's time to get off your holier-than-thou high horse.

fewsolarge

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:47 am

"Make Delta My b*tch"

Love Delta, hate the merger, love this button. Perfectly hilarious.

PanAmOldDC8

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:49 am

One will be a US button that says "Make Delta My b*tch" which is a counter to the "Keep Delta My Delta Buttons" which is very harsh and mean but it made me laugh... the ironic thing is none of the pilots or US/HP employees really care for this merger to go through either. They should be out within the next couple weeks.

No need for that, thought we had left that behind in High School. It just shows the maturity of the people involved
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

AirTranTUS

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:19 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 33):
while US is resurgent

More like stagnant.

Or insurgent.

Let's look at what these two airlines have been up to:

DL: New coach product (more leg room, free TV and music), free snacks in coach, expanding in Europe, Asia, and Africa, service to all 50 states.
US: Repainting their planes, making you buy food onboard, "Where's Asia?"
I love ASO!

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:24 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 35):
You would have laughed if it had said "Make US my bitch."

No I wouldn't have. I have seen one of my good friends at US lose her job. I seen the effects that has on people. I don't wish that on anyone.

Dude, we're talking about matters of opinion.

Fortunately a strong majority of people don't agree with you.

I think that's the reality you are choosing to ignore.

Reality huh?

it's time to get off your holier-than-thou high horse

Request denied.

Hey, I'm all for US making or thinking of these buttons. I'm all for the US employees and cheerleaders posting their thoughts on Delta.

It does nothing but validate what I, and a lot of us, have been saying al along.

aa757first

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:29 am

It looks like if the merger does go through, integrating the DL workforce will be a nightmare.

AAndrew

D L X

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:32 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 39):
No I wouldn't have. I have seen one of my good friends at US lose her job. I seen the effects that has on people. I don't wish that on anyone.

Your problem is that you think I'm laughing at the thought of you losing your job. That's your problem that you've chosen to misrepresent me that way.

Fortunately a strong majority of people don't agree with you.

I think you are way too biased to know.

Request denied.

Mature response to a statement that wasn't a request.

This bickering is senseless. Bottom line: DL just as far from perfect as US is, and that includes you.

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:37 am

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy alone does NOT mean a company is insolvent and close to liquidation.

Yes it does. Chapter 11 is the last stop either to restructuring or Chapter 7 (liquidation). A company in Chapter 7 is not "close to liquidation" but is *in* liquidation.

Of course, the DL fanboys would argue that Delta is in 11 because it's a roaring powerhouse success.  laughing 

You want to back that up with some Ross Perot graphs or maybe even a source?

Not really. I think that losing money and collapsing into a difficult-to-escape Chapter 11 bankruptcy, continuing to bleed cash and facing a hostile takeover from a smaller rival is indicative of an airline in decline and in serious trouble.

You seem to think it's the sign of a vibrant, successful firm with a bright future. If you think that, I really don't know what to tell you.

N766UA

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:37 am

Real funny, especially to the people who would lose their jobs over a merger.
This Website Censors Me

ANCFlyer

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:39 am

Makes sense to me . . . .

3) if the button said "Make US my bitch" you very same people would be laughing hysterically, and would be fully on board, as you have been with plenty of other low-class jabs at US over the years. Don't pretend to take the high road now.

And if the button said "Make BA my bitch" the entire UK A-Net community would crap themselves in defense. Or, "Make AS my bitch", there'd be a mushroom cloud on the US West Coast.

Predictable, no??  biggrin 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:55 am

Real funny, especially to the people who would lose their jobs over a merger.

What about the people who would lose their jobs over a liquidation?

if the button said "Make BA my bitch" the entire UK A-Net community would crap themselves in defense. Or, "Make AS my bitch", there'd be a mushroom cloud on the US West Coast.

Then again, suppose that it was Virgin proposing an acquisition of BA after years of being slagged off by BA and its partisans (and dirty tricks), or one of the AS competitors in Alaska making a bid for AS after AS tried to put them under.

There's history here. Delta folks engaged in some pretty nasty rhetoric about US in private and public, and haven't been very dignified in their response to US's interest in their carrier. The news and media have been filled with Delta employees and management saying not-so-nice things about US and throwing a few thrusts in. It's not so bad for the "shitty, unsafe, bit player, should-be-out-of-business carrier" to have a few humorous buttons of its own -- especially after all the stress they've gone through in the last few years at the hands of Delta and its partisans.

thegooddoctor

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:26 am

One will be a US button that says "Make Delta My b*tch" which is a counter to the "Keep Delta My Delta Buttons"

HIL-FREAKING-LARIOUS!

The other button that is rumored (but not quite as substantiated as the first button's rumor) is a button saying "US Airways and Delta: Owned and Operated by America West.

NICE! Someone needs to make these available for those of us with a sense of humor!

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 3):

Oh chou chou, I think I remember some Deltoid saying things like "Atlanta could kick Phoenix's ass anyday"? Or how about those that have asserted they would not go to work if US took over. Or those who have asserted that US Airways employees were somehow beneath the "Delta Gold standard".

I'm just a member of the flying public - more of it on DL than on US and I can say, Delta's service/attitude/reliability sucks just as badly as the next guys in my experience. And it seems like it's gotten worse over the past few years.

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 7):
I'd pay to buy a "Make Delta My B****" pin just to annoy the Deltoids.

You don't need a pin to do that.

Nope, all you have to do is ask a Deltoid if they think this is yet another "war of northern agression" (Doug went to college in Michigan, right?)

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 11):

Why does every member of this board whine as if there was some animate evil force at work - this is business. If I work for a hospital and another hospital buys them out, I work for a new hospital! Thankfully, if that happens likelihood is good that they still let me take care of patients (I'm pretty sure US will still let Delta fly planes). There's no shortage of passengers, but the market needs some pruning.
The GoodDoctor

USAirPlatinum

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:42 am

It's not business! It's magic.

Chapter 11 is a sign of a strong, solvent Delta ready to take over the world.

US Airways is on its way down and is desperate. I don't care what the books say, what the cash balance says, or what the cash flow looks like!

Delta will emerge and order 100 new 787s -- Boeing is such good friends with them that they'll sell them to Delta for $5 each just to see it return to its glory days.

We have nothing to worry about. Gerry Grinstein has a plan! And it's different from his other plans when he was on the board that resulted in Delta's Chapter 11 filing (which proves they're strong and profitable!)

We're Nuts

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:44 am

Well it doesn't matter, because the entire industry is Southwest's bitch.  Silly
Dear moderators: No.

B777-700

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:18 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 47):
It's not business! It's magic.

Chapter 11 is a sign of a strong, solvent Delta ready to take over the world.

US Airways is on its way down and is desperate. I don't care what the books say, what the cash balance says, or what the cash flow looks like!

Delta will emerge and order 100 new 787s -- Boeing is such good friends with them that they'll sell them to Delta for $5 each just to see it return to its glory days.

We have nothing to worry about. Gerry Grinstein has a plan! And it's different from his other plans when he was on the board that resulted in Delta's Chapter 11 filing (which proves they're strong and profitable!)

No one has ever said any of this. You miss the point, yet again.

Quoting Thegooddoctor (Reply 46):
Or those who have asserted that US Airways employees were somehow beneath the "Delta Gold standard".

You guys keep proving it every day!  Wink

Nope, all you have to do is ask a Deltoid if they think this is yet another "war of northern agression" (Doug went to college in Michigan, right?)

Making my point!  Smile

Delta's service/attitude/reliability sucks just as badly as the next guys in my experience. And it seems like it's gotten worse over the past few years.

You opinion. Reality doesn't back you up.

There's no shortage of passengers, but the market needs some pruning.

And your documentation of this is where exactly?

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 45):
What about the people who would lose their jobs over a liquidation?

In your fantasy world, that would be terrible. On earth, that's not even close to happening.

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 45):
especially after all the stress they've gone through in the last few years at the hands of Delta and its partisans.

Another fallacy of yours. US and DL aren't considered rivals. DL and FL yes, B6 yes, CO maybe...US? No.

Delta hasn't done anything to US, quit trying to justify your point.

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 42):
Yes it does. Chapter 11 is the last stop either to restructuring or Chapter 7 (liquidation). A company in Chapter 7 is not "close to liquidation" but is *in* liquidation.

Incorrect, stop saying it.

Quoting D L X (Reply 41):
Your problem is that you think I'm laughing at the thought of you losing your job. That's your problem that you've chosen to misrepresent me that way.

Let's talk about misrepresentation, shall we? You're saying I would laugh if it was the other way around. I corrected you, end of story.

I think you are way too biased to know.

JD Powers isn't. Delta was practically tied for first. (accomplishing this while in chapter 11 mind you) Where was US?  Wink

As I said, it's just you opinion, which has no basis in fact.

Mature response to a statement that wasn't a request.

What was it then, a demand?

This bickering is senseless. Bottom line: DL just as far from perfect as US is, and that includes you.

Never said it was.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos