access-air

Are Gates Re-Opened Up At OHare?

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:23 am

Okay guys,

Iknmow this was in a previous post, but a freind of mine that lives in Chicago has told me that O'Hare has once again opened up the gates to NON-Tecketed people....Is this true??? Or is it just for the holiday season???

I have looked on TSA.Gov and I dont see anything denoting such.....Is this an airport by airport thing or is it all across the board?

If this is true about O'Hare I am since 9/11 gonna go pay O'Hare a visit sit and watch planes without my Arse freezing outside in some obscure corner of the airport like some hungry orphan looking into the window of a dinner party at a restaurant...

I have mixed feelings about this because I did not have to spend money to fly anyplace by just wanting to go and spend time at O'Hare and watch planes....
Yeah it might be crowded at first, but we are hobbyists....and not all of us have mommies and daddies with bottumless bank accounts that have enabled us to fly whenever and where ever and accumutale miles anytime we want to....So If this is all true on a large scale then I say that maybe our hobby and our way of life (those of us that are not flying everywhere) just might be saved....

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

ordpark

RE: Are Gates Re-Opened Up At OHare?

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:52 am

To the best of my knowledge, you still need a tkt to get to the gates...sorry...

ANCFlyer

RE: Are Gates Re-Opened Up At OHare?

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:54 am

Continue in this thread, same topic

RE: TSA May Let Non-fliers Go To Gates (by AirframeAS Dec 12 2006 in Civil Aviation)?searchid=3144036&s=TSA#ID3144036
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos