LIPZ
Topic Author

KE To Start Freighter Service At IAH

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:45 am

According to bizjournals KE is starting all-cargo flights to Houston.

Korean Air to start cargo service at IAH

Korean Air Lines Co. Ltd. plans to start scheduled all-cargo service to Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) on Jan. 25, 2007. The flights will depart Houston twice a week.

This is the first time that the Korean-flagship airline has served the Houston market directly.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houst...006/12/18/daily33.html?jst=b_ln_hl

thomasphoto60

RE: KE To Start Freighter Service At IAH

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:04 am

Glad I checked first to see if this topic was already posted.

From the HAS website;

http://www.fly2houston.com/0/68965/0/1906D1940/

Looks as if IAH is starting to give DFW a run for it's money in the int'l air cargo biz.

Now there was a thread some months back indicating that KE was looking at an IAH service in '07' (as well as MIA). Seeing this announcement today, I have to wonder if they meant cargo or pax service. I suspect, it was cargo.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

MAH4546

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:38 pm

Quoting Thomasphoto60 (Reply 1):
Now there was a thread some months back indicating that KE was looking at an IAH service in '07' (as well as MIA). Seeing this announcement today, I have to wonder if they meant cargo or pax service. I suspect, it was cargo.

No, it was pretty clear from the article, which talked about how the service would connect a major SkyTeam hub, that it was passenger services.

In addition, Korean Air Cargo already flies to Miami, so they wouldn't have said "we would like to fly to Houston, and then Miami", considering the cargo division already flies to the latter.
a.

thomasphoto60

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:40 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 2):
No, it was pretty clear from the article, which talked about how the service would connect a major SkyTeam hub, that it was passenger services.

In addition, Korean Air Cargo already flies to Miami, so they wouldn't have said "we would like to fly to Houston, and then Miami", considering the cargo division already flies to the latter.

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking for that particular article online with no luck. Indeed, I had forgotten that KE Cargo was currently serving MIA.

Well if KE sticks to it's plans, looks like IAH may soon have 2 Asian carriers with pax and cargo ops.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos