Topic Author

Connecting At DFW

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:06 am

Hey guys,

Tomorrow I'm travelling to EGE via DFW and it seems that I have very little time to connect.

My flight arrives at 14.40, gate A34; and the connection is at 15.20, gate C37.

So, is this enough time for me and my family (with a baby and stroller) to make the connection?

And, is there a special way to do it? (maybe train or something like that since I've to change terminals)

Thanks in advance guys!

Happy holidays.

Enrique
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

utapao

RE: Connecting At DFW

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:26 am

Quoting 797 (Thread starter):
is there a special way to do it? (maybe train or something like that since I've to change terminals

With new SkyLink, an easy connection, assuming operatons are normal. A34 is only about a gate or two from the SkyLink station, and only two stops before you get to the station where C-37 is also only a couple gates away. Probably a 5-minute ride...give or take a few minutes.

See these links:
http://www.dfwairport.com/terminals/
http://www.dfwairport.com/transport/connect.html
You can click on each Terminal on the map and get a better idea.

Of course, scheduled gates are subject to change, especially with current weather affecting Mid-West airports, but the SkyTrain runs in both directions and departs every 2 minutes.

Safe Travels!

[Edited 2006-12-22 16:43:05]
Sawasdee khrab!

DfwRevolution

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:29 am

You will need to use the Skylink train. There are two Skylink stations along each terminal. This is the only practical way for you to make the connection in time:

Just look for the Skylink symbol on the map. It looks like your gates are fairly close to the train stops, but you will still need to move quickly if you want to make your connection safely.

Good luck! And make sure you get on the train going the right direction!

http://www.dfwairport.com/terminals/terminal-a.php

http://www.dfwairport.com/terminals/terminal-c.php

RedTailDTW

Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:32 am

Anybody remember when they didn't have the Skylink Train? One time i got delayed and had ten to fifteen minutes to get from B15 to C12 and there was no way the TrAAin was gonna get me there in time.

Anyway, the Skylink Train is the best way to go if you have a short connection. Also watch out for gate changes cause they seem to happen a lot to me at DFW. Hope you have a safe flight!

Happy Holidays!

Mason
Airlines Flown: AA, CO, HP, MQ, NW, RP, UA, US, WN, YX / Aircraft Flown: 737-200/300/700/800, 757-200/300, 777-200, A319/A320/A321, DC-9-30/50, DC-10-40, ERJ 140/145, E170, MD80/83/90

AA737-823

Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:46 am

Yes, you must take Skylink.
It's the best thing to happen to DFW since... Frulatti. Or maybe Sbarro's.
 Smile
Anyhow, enjoy the ride- it offers some of the best views of aircraft you'll find at any airport, due to the tracks beign routed directly over the gate waiting areas. And it's high-speed, so connections at DFW are now much simpler.

With 40 minutes, I would say you can make it without very much effort at all.
If it weren't for the strollers and such, you could make it on foot in 40 minutes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos