isitsafenow

MBS To Get New Terminal

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:44 am

It was announced today by local news stations that Saginaw,MI MBS, would get a new 75000 sq foot terminal in the near future. Plans will be drawn up in 2007 and construction at this time is unknown, but estimated in 2008.
MBS is served by NW-NW Airlink to DTW and MSP and UAEX to ORD.

Hey Karl, the morgue may come to life.......
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

hammer

RE: MBS To Get New Terminal

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:23 pm

I remember back in the day they were talking about building an "International" terminal and having non-stop flights to Asian markets and Europe out of Saginaw. I will miss the old pin-ball terminal now...I do not see the need for a new terminal. They just re-did the old one a few years back.

flyinryan99

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:58 pm

Quoting Hammer (Reply 1):
I do not see the need for a new terminal. They just re-did the old one a few years back.

I have never been up to MBS (only on a night cross country during my training  Smile ). Do they have the TSA screening out in the lobby or behind the scenes? The reason I bring this up is if it is out in the lobby, they may not be able to put the checked luggage screening behind the scenes as the currrent terminal stands. Instead of reconfiguring everything, maybe it's more cost effective to build a new terminal. In TOL, they determined there was enough room to move the TSA behind the ticket counters and to remodel/reconfigure the airport then build a new terminal. I have a feeling this is more of the reason for the new terminal, but it's just a guess.

Happy and Safe Holidays everyone!

KarlB737

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:24 am