hamad

Will We Ever See An IAD-DXB Route?

Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:10 am

since United opened up the IAD-KWI route, and a lot of people that i know whether with the UAE embassy or people traveling from the USA to Dubai on either LH, UA, KLM, AF would there be a direct route either operated by united or emirates?
PHX - i miss spotting

supa7E7

Will We Ever See An IAD-DXB Route?

Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:22 am

That is a good question. It is not obviously yes or obviously no. IAD already enjoys plentiful 1-stops to Arab lands and India/Paksitan thru CDG, AMS, LHR, FRA. Emirates would not add that much convenience, although it's a nice airline.

To sustain Emirates, you need mysterious DXB local traffic. Who are these people? Where do they go? There is not very much US biz or politics in Dubai, so it's a matter of where the Dubai citizens want to travel. I am not sure IAD is the top of the list; some say DFW is more likely.
"Who's to say spaceships aren't fine art?" - Phil Lesh

AlitaliaMD11

RE: Will We Ever See An IAD-DXB Route?

Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:47 am

Considering Emirates has three daily flights to DXB from JFK I think it would make more sense to establish a code-share with Emirates on the DXB flights and also for the United Express IAD-JFK flights. Although look at Delta who are starting a ATL-DXB flight.

twocents 

[Edited 2006-12-24 23:49:47]
No Vueling No Party

MAH4546

Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:50 am

Quoting AlitaliaMD11 (Reply 2):
Considering Emirates has three daily flights to DXB from JFK I think it would make more sense to establish a code-share with Emirates on the DXB flights and also for the United Express IAD-JFK flights.

This is Emirates we are talking about.

By 2010, we'll be seeing Emirates landing in Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, at the least.
a.

hamad

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:09 am

I heard from my relative who is a diplomat for the UAE, in washington DC that the US government is not allowing that to happen, at least from Emirates standpoint, because Emirates flying to IAD, which is a United hub is going to take a lot of traffic from United airlines (this might be partially true). looking at it, United and Emirates are codesharing already (not a full code share), but some kind of agreement on many flights, thus is Emirates flew to IAD, this will have a lot of traffic fed domestically. for instance, i live in Phoenix, AZ and visit my family in Dubai, would be convinient for me to fly to IAD, then non stop to Dubai, instead of doing the whole PHX - DEN - IAD - FRA - DXB or the PHX - IAD - FRA - DXB.
PHX - i miss spotting

mk777

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:29 am

Quoting HAMAD (Reply 4):

I am going to assume that for the same reason AI or 9W will not be allowed direct non-stop from IAD to DEL/BOM.

Having said that, IAD is undergoing a massive expansion, so i wonder if we can expect more intl. airlines especially from Asia to fly here. Would love to see EK, EY, 9W and AI and SQ (probably not as the last 2 are *A, atleast i can hope) at IAD  Smile

Infact, i would choose EK's IAD-DXB-DEL route if they ever started it to visit family than fly via Europe.
come fly with me

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos