flyf15

Allegiant To Winston Salem (INT)... Possible?

Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:23 pm

I was just thinking, it seems like Winston Salem (INT) would be a perfect airport for Allegiant. Small airport with a vancant terminal near a large population center... anyone think its possible that they might start service here?

wedgetail737

RE: Allegiant To Winston Salem (INT)... Possible?

Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:34 pm

With G4, anything's possible...as long as there is a long-enough runway and terminal facilities for a maddog.

I've always wondered if G4 would entertain the idea of flying to Olympia, WA or Paine Field, WA (if it was allowed).

Heck, they fly to destinations that haven't seen real jet service in ages like Ft. Collins, CO and Topeka, KS.

uncgso

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:29 pm

Anything is possible. I remember when CCAir (USAir Express) flew into INT from CLT and continued to Danville, Virginia (DAN). Once they pulled out they lost all commercial service. There was talk years ago about a start-up carrier based there call Winston Jet Select or something like that. It never got off the ground. Then Hooters Air was rumored but never came. I think the powers that be now want all new service to be concentrated at nearby GSO, which I think is a good idea. Although, it would be cool to say that the Triad has 2 commercial airports again.  Smile

B757capt

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:54 am

Quoting UncGSO (Reply 2):
nything is possible. I remember when CCAir (USAir Express) flew into INT from CLT and continued to Danville, Virginia (DAN). Once they pulled out they lost all commercial service. There was talk years ago about a start-up carrier based there call Winston Jet Select or something like that. It never got off the ground. Then Hooters Air was rumored but never came. I think the powers that be now want all new service to be concentrated at nearby GSO, which I think is a good idea. Although, it would be cool to say that the Triad has 2 commercial airports again.

Quoting Flyf15 (Thread starter):
I was just thinking, it seems like Winston Salem (INT) would be a perfect airport for Allegiant. Small airport with a vancant terminal near a large population center... anyone think its possible that they might start service here?

Hooters was ready to come it was all set.................. Then the lovely TSA started telling us how screeners would have to come from GSO and there was way to much paper work to be filed and misc. money to spend to make it happen.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

LV

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:30 am

Isn't ROA a little close to INT for 2 ops by Allegiant.

isitsafenow

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:59 am

I would think ROA and INT would be stretching it to LAS on an MD-80 but would fit FLA very nicely.
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

deltairlines

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Quoting B757capt (Reply 3):
Hooters was ready to come it was all set.................. Then the lovely TSA started telling us how screeners would have to come from GSO and there was way to much paper work to be filed and misc. money to spend to make it happen.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. I've seen many Hooters 757s and 737s flying over the Wake Forest campus in the past few years or so.

As for G4 there, it would be a possibility. DL's cut back on its Florida service out of GSO, and the airport is pretty easy to get to (off of US-52, take the Liberty St. exit and head up that street for .5 miles to the airport). If there's service though, it's to SFB/PIE; no LAS (1944 miles is pushing it for a full M80).

uncgso

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:55 pm

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 6):
I've seen many Hooters 757s and 737s flying over the Wake Forest campus in the past few years or so.

Wasnt Pace Airlines the parent of Hooters Air? Pace is headquarted at INT. I think a piece of the original Piedmont.

B757capt

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:21 am

Quoting UncGSO (Reply 7):

That is excatly correct but all mx is done in INT. So all hooters birds will and do ferry there................
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.