LOT POLISH
Topic Author

What Do You Think About LOT Polish Airlines?

Sat Jul 15, 2000 2:14 pm

What do you think about LOT Polish Airlines - polish national carrier?
Send me your comments.
Replay , when you were fly by LOT.

RE: What Do You Think About LOT Polish Airlines?

Sat Jul 15, 2000 8:03 pm

As I live in Australia - I have only been on LOT POLISH once...
And to tell the truth, I don't like it. No offense I hope (I see your username)
Anyway, food was terrible, service was terrible, seats were OKAY...

Anyway, that's what I think - hey, maybe it was just a bad flight!
Regards
Q A N T A S 7 4 7

Sat Jul 15, 2000 9:14 pm

LOT is OK. They operate a modern fleet (Boeing 767, Boeing737-300, -400, -500, ATR72, Embraer 145). Since LOT is a member of the Qualiflyer Group (Swissair, Sabena etc.) food and service is getting better and better. I'm sure they will have Swissair-quality soon.

slawko

Sat Jul 15, 2000 10:40 pm

I usually fly Business class on LOT from YYZ on the 767 and then the ATR to Ukraine....Food on the Business class international flights is good, and I find that the people are generally friendly, but the short haul stuff like my flight from warsaw to Lviv on the ATR still need some work....service and food was not very good, I have done this flight for two years in a row, and the service I had on Air Ukriane was much better on the return Lviv to warsaw flight.

I'm sure that they will now begin to drasticly improve their service, their crews are among the best in the world....and the fleet is good although I would have rather seen them buy Dash-8's and CRJ's instead of ATR's and ERJ's.....
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

Lindy

Sun Jul 16, 2000 4:00 am

I think that food on LOT flights is much better then on US airlines and most europeans. Best food I had was on AirFrance transatlantic flight. I was on LOT recently KRK-CDG and food was excelent in coach. FA were nice, cant complain about it. The only thing that pissing me off is ticket prices, they are way to high. Worst food I had was on Swissair, so I dont think so that food will get better after LOT joined Qualiflyer Group.

Regards,
Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Kuba74

Mon Jul 17, 2000 2:48 pm

Hi LOTPOLISH!

great to see another one Polish aviation fan on this forum. LOT is OK but generally it`s to expensive. It seems that more and more Poles choose foreign carriers. My friend flies today to Barcelona (TXL-BCN). She asked about LOT`s flight from WAW, but IBERIA was much cheaper. My dad who is a frequent flyer also hardly ever flies LOT. It`s really sad....

Pozdrawiam, fajne masz te linie lotnicze, moze kiedys dolacze.

Kuba

Mon Jul 17, 2000 6:47 pm

Hi LOT Polish

I like LOT a LOT, they are nice a have a nice fleet two although I think they should have bought the dash8 and crj instead of atrs and erjs. And also one thing that proves the LOT quality is that LOT has won Business Travel Awards 3 years in a row as best east european business airline.

LOT POLISH
Topic Author

To Kuba74

Tue Jul 18, 2000 1:04 am

Wyslij mi e-mail na: kuniu@poczta.fm
Pozdrawiam
LOT POLISH

Neo

Tue Jul 18, 2000 2:33 am

I like LOT !! They are a very fine airline and solid too. I have flown on them once when i went to Krakow. I took a LHR-KRK flight!! It has been a while !!!!!!!! Anyway, every thing i hear about LOT is good, although i agree they are an expensive airline!!! Now i extremelly disagree with Slawsko and CSA,,, the ATR and the ERJ`s were the best thing LOT has done....... recently they have firmed another order of ERJ-145, i`m all the way for the ERJ`s instead of the CRJ`s!!!!!

regards` Neo!!!!!!!!!