This video is great, stay strong guys!

Keep Delta My Delta

Add to My Profile | More Videos

-Travis
KLM | Journeys of Inspiration

SLCUT2777

RE: Delta Anti-US Rally Video

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:12 pm

Thanks Travis! All of the HP/US cheerleaders are going to throw the biggest    when they see this, but that is just tough when they see the cold hard truth dropped on their collective egos. All that is missing in this video is the picture of Doug Parker shown briefly, needs to be altered in Photoshop to show horns on his head and a pointed tail holding a pitchfork. Parker and his narcissistic ego have put him on the same playing field as Satan. He knows this is a long shot at best, Ray Neidl, an airline financial analyst only gives this thing a 1 in 3 or even 1 in 4 chance of going through.
So to USAirPlatinum and all of you Doug Parker lovers out there, put down the crack pipe and go get a realistic life and outlook on this issue!   

[Edited 2006-12-29 04:29:35]
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

Austinflyer

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:16 pm

Nice video, thanks for the post. GO DELTA!!

ikramerica

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:25 pm

After yet another craptacular flight on DL (first flight in a couple years, figured I'd give them another chance with the "new" direction they are in...), as a customer, I'm thinking about selling buttons:

"Take My Delta. Please!"
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

widget1580

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:27 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 3):
After yet another craptacular flight on DL (first flight in a couple years, figured I'd give them another chance with the "new" direction they are in...), as a customer, I'm thinking about selling buttons:

"Take My Delta. Please!"

Don't hate Delta for the choices you made.

LawnDart

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:33 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 3):

"Take My Delta. Please!"

So you got diverted to LAS because of an engine problem, and according to you DL took too long bringing another aircraft out to fly you on to LAX. I'm not sure any other airline could've handled it much better, especially at an out-station. I'm not sure US could've handled it much better, and that's a hub/focus city for them.

Ikramerica, please know that everyone working on that situation had the customers' safety on their minds first and foremost, and the customers' convenience at heart...even customers like you.

ATWZW170

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:42 pm

I totally respect DL employee's and hope that they will actually come together to help keep this from happening. One things DL employee's, actually every airline employee, needs to remember is that it comes down to service - they are there for service - and need to provide that service with a smile.
Success is getting what you want...happiness is liking what you get

flyboyaz

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:49 pm

Well I can probably speak for most US employees...we don't want Delta either!!! lol

I wish Delta the best of luck through their financial crisis....it's a long road and hopefully they can make it through.
Catch a ride on a smile!

SLCUT2777

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:56 pm

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 7):
Well I can probably speak for most US employees...we don't want Delta either!!! lol

You've still got far too many issues with the HP/US merger to try and swallow another fish right now!

I wish Delta the best of luck through their financial crisis....it's a long road and hopefully they can make it through.

It's just about over and there is daylight at the end of this awful dark tunnel!
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

flyboyaz

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 8):
You've still got far too many issues with the HP/US merger to try and swallow another fish right now!

It's not so bad really...I guess it is for some cities but in TUS we have very few problems...course we have QIK access to Sabre so makes things real easy for us. It's almost over thankfully!

It's just about over and there is daylight at the end of this awful dark tunnel!

Good to hear....I've always loved Delta...their a great bunch of people.
Catch a ride on a smile!

DL787932ER

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:50 pm

What else can be said about that video other than  bigthumbsup 
F L Y D E L T A J E T S

United767

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:55 pm

Cool video, I flew DL over Christmas break from DCA-ORD via CVG and returned the same way, and all but 1 of my flights was enjoyable. I am rooting for DL. Good luck guys!
I wish UA flew mainline to MYR, that way you wouldn't be stuck in a smelly Saturn for 12 hours.

WN230

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:08 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I hope the merger does not go through.
I have loved DL for years (no clue . . . wait, it was the widget that got me hooked, never flown them. I hope to) and hope they pull through bankruptcy. That alone is enough to worry about. They don't need a merger.

WN230
Judas Priest North American tour in '08 . . . cannot wait!!!

LAXdude1023

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:29 pm

My godfather is a US pilot. Believe me, he is VERY anti this merger. As he puts it the US employees have nothing to gain but job insecurity. He LOVES Doug Parker as well, but he doesnt agree with this decision.
It is what it is...

phxplanes

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:50 pm

David Scott said that Delta is the greatest business success story in the history of America, I dont know where that comes from.

I think its fine that Delta wants to emerge by itself but I think they over exaggerating things, especially saying US has failed in tons of ways, I dont think that is true, by the end of the first quarter the merger should be almost entirely complete.

SLCUT2777

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 pm

Quoting Phxplanes (Reply 14):
I think its fine that Delta wants to emerge by itself but I think they over exaggerating things, especially saying US has failed in tons of ways, I dont think that is true, by the end of the first quarter the merger should be almost entirely complete.

So far Dougie Parker has made a total @$$ of himself in this whole thing. I highly doubt Parker and Kirby could dispose of that much of DL's assets in 1 quarter. That my friend is serious exaggeration!

ikramerica

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:04 pm

Quoting LawnDart (Reply 5):
So you got diverted to LAS because of an engine problem, and according to you DL took too long bringing another aircraft out to fly you on to LAX.

Not according to me. According to everyone on the freaking plane, and the flight crew who told us they were informed it would take about 1/2 an hour, and the gate agent, who kept saying "they are telling us it will take about 15 more minutes." And it ended up being 90 more minutes.

But since you were there, you know better....

That was the end of a bad round trip, and in every facet of their operation (except the quality flight crews), DL was second rate compared to CO, WN, AA and F9, and I'm not a fan of AA by any means. Crummy low back seats on their 757s that are torture for tall people, rattly interiors and brakes that sounded damaged/warped on 2 of the 4 757s, cheese and crackers and 1 drink service on a mid-day transcon, baggage fiasco at TPA.

I gave them another chance after being screwed over in the past. Priceline put me on them for a "low fare" of $550, and I figured, if the flights were good and they really were improved over the past as people here claim, I'd try to fly them more in the future. They do have more frequencies into SRQ. In the past, they left me high and dry after a hurricane, and AA came to my rescue. They screwed my brother in ATL and WN came to his rescue.

The only upside is that I got to use the great CVG concourse B again, and DL are so inept in the IT area, despite having a policy of not giving airline miles on priceline tickets and repeatedly telling that to me and my brother when we gave them our skymiles numbers, they credited both our accounts this week anyway. I even got a 50% bonus because 1/2 my ticket was booked in B class...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

LAXdude1023

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:10 pm

This is a fair statement. Right now on both sides of the debate there is a lot of exaggeration and finger pointing. I liked the video, I would never want to see DL leave Atlanta (corporate), but indeed you are correct Phxplanes. US has enjoyed some success recently (and when I say US, I mean HP). From my personal perspective, I just dont want to see DL cut short of their potential. They can turn the situation around just like US has done.
It is what it is...

SLCUT2777

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:11 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 16):
They screwed my brother in ATL and WN came to his rescue.

WN doesn't serve ATL, nor does ATA. How could they have come to his rescue?

USPIT10L

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:28 pm

David Scott said that Delta is the greatest business success story in the history of America, I dont know where that comes from.

It comes from 25 years of arrogance. Since deregulation, DL has been anything but the carrier it was for the first fifty years of its existence.

[quote=LAXdude1023,reply=17]Quoting Phxplanes (Reply 14):

This is a fair statement. Right now on both sides of the debate there is a lot of exaggeration and finger pointing. I liked the video, I would never want to see DL leave Atlanta (corporate), but indeed you are correct Phxplanes. US has enjoyed some success recently (and when I say US, I mean HP). From my personal perspective, I just dont want to see DL cut short of their potential. They can turn the situation around just like US has done.

I couldn't agree more. Now if only the Deltoids on A.net and in real life would actually look at what US is proposing instead of throwing  hissyfit  after  hissyfit  , this might work out in DL's favor over the long run. We have too many airlines flying right now. No one is making money due to the fuel prices and fares. It's time to take a good, hard look at the basic business plan of the last 25 years. The only way the airlines can fix themselves is by massively changing the way they do business with themselves, employees and customers. Declaring bankruptcy and putting short-term band-aids on everything (like UA and NW have done) is not going to cut it. We need massive consolidation. Look at the results of every legacy since 2001, it has been nothing but massive red ink. How long are we as airline enthusiasts going to sit back and take it?! I myself would love to have a long career in this business doing anything. As it is right now, the best I may be able to do is make supervisor for an independent aviation services company. Let's look at this with logic, not emotion, OK?
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

Boeing4ever

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:36 pm

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 19):
Declaring bankruptcy and putting short-term band-aids on everything (like UA and NW have done) is not going to cut it.

And like US has done...twice.
 eyebrow 

I think it's a little soon for US to be going for hostile takeovers, IMO.

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane 

silentbob

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:28 pm

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 20):
I think it's a little soon for US to be going for hostile takeovers, IMO

I believe Parker has said they would prefer more time but an opportunity like this might never come along again.

GQfluffy

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:34 pm

and the gate agent, who kept saying "they are telling us it will take about 15 more minutes."

Rolling delays happen with every single airline. And I agree, they are very frustrating. But hey, at least the gate agent is telling what their computer is telling them.
This isn't where I parked my car...

flyboyaz

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:31 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 15):
So far Dougie Parker has made a total @$$ of himself in this whole thing. I highly doubt Parker and Kirby could dispose of that much of DL's assets in 1 quarter. That my friend is serious exaggeration!

I think Doug has done very well for himself actually. He's a smart guy...maybe a little over ambitious....but still he's not an idiot. He turned HP around...and I completely believe US will become a great airline as well. I have faith! hehe
Catch a ride on a smile!

LawnDart

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:00 am

But since you were there, you know better....

I didn't have to be in LAS to know what was going on...the issues with that flight were well known in ATL as well.

Hey, sorry you were diverted. In reality, a diversion is unexpected and many individuals become involved. Things are said (like it'll take a 1/2 hour) with information known at the time. When issues become more clear (for instance: the aircraft being used was fueled for a near-transcon, and had to be de-fueled so it wouldn't exceed max landing weight for a short LAS-LAX hop), the information should be disseminated as soon as known. Hopefully it was in this case.

Like I said...your safety was the number one priority, your convenience came in second. Very few airline agents intentionally lie...they go with the information they have at that point in time. It's the best they can do. Trust me when I say most of the agents wanted you on your way as soon as possible as I'm sure you were patient and calm through the whole event. wink 

We have too many airlines flying right now.

Fallacy number one...what does the number of air carriers have to do with anything?

No one is making money due to the fuel prices and fares

Fallacy number two...actually, quite a few airlines are, in fact, making money.

We need massive consolidation.

Fallacy number three...consolidation, "massive" or not, often adds to operational complexity and, therefore, costs. That would bring inefficiencies that currently don't exist, exacerbating the problems airlines are having at the moment.

As it is right now, the best I may be able to do is make supervisor for an independent aviation services company. Let's look at this with logic, not emotion, OK?

You seem to be pretty emotional about it yourself. Hey, I'm all for someone trying to make it in this industry, and I wish you the best of luck. However, do it for the love of aviation, otherwise you'll be very disappointed by the ups-and-down you are sure to experience. If it's stability and steady progress you're looking for, maybe you should check out another industry.

DeltaGuy

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:47 am

The only upside is that I got to use the great CVG concourse B again, and DL are so inept in the IT area, despite having a policy of not giving airline miles on priceline tickets and repeatedly telling that to me and my brother when we gave them our skymiles numbers, they credited both our accounts this week anyway. I even got a 50% bonus because 1/2 my ticket was booked in B class...

Please tell me where you were told this. Delta accounts Skymiles on ALL tickets except for some promotional tickets(marketing giveaways, etc.) So where were you told that you can't get Skymiles on priceline. As you could clearly see, you were probably dealing with an inept agent, because your Skymiles was credited anyway. Sounds like Delta's IT department DID come through correctly. The only thing Delta WON'T do with Priceline is re-issue your ticket. Miss your flight, change your flight, etc, you have to call Priceline for any changes because....well....its Priceline. I've never heard someone so pissed about a once in a lifetime thing happening to them on a flight. Amazing. And trust me, why would the agent be lying to you? They are reading what their computer was telling them, because you were cutting into their lunch time and the last thing they want to do is be hearing your compliments of the airline. They want nothing more than to get you out of there ASAP.

I couldn't agree more. Now if only the Deltoids on A.net and in real life would actually look at what US is proposing instead of throwing after , this might work out in DL's favor over the long run.

Your boy wants to buy the company, get rid of jobs, staple all DL people to the bottom of seniority lists, and hail himself as king of the industry. So tell me, HOW can this possibly work out in DL's favor? Ain't gonna happen. Try not to be so emotional that your company is trying to buy mine and you are hoping to see the new "US Airway's of the World." If it did go through, all you would be doing is working yourself back down out of a job.

We have too many airlines flying right now.

Then don't put your airline in even more heavy debt and let Delta fall on its own.

No one is making money due to the fuel prices and fares.

Sucks to be you, then.

Declaring bankruptcy and putting short-term band-aids on everything (like UA and NW have done) is not going to cut it.

I think Boeing4ever said it best: Like US Airways has done....twice? And like America West has done....twice? If it wasn't for BK and those "short-term bandaids," neither US or HP would be here today.

We need massive consolidation.

I hear UA is looking for a partner. Maybe if you put on some makeup, flash a little leg, they might fancy you enough to buy you.

I myself would love to have a long career in this business doing anything.

Then you are in the WRONG industry if you want that.

Perhaps you should look at the situation with your eyes wide open and see that this consolidation of these two companies won't work. DL people have looked at this completely, and are not willing to risk their livelyhoods on your promise of

might work out in DL's favor

"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

FlyPNS1

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:00 am

Quoting DeltaGuy (Reply 25):
Delta accounts Skymiles on ALL tickets except for some promotional tickets(marketing giveaways, etc.)

If you use Priceline's "Name Your Price" to buy tickets, you aren't supposed to get FF miles. From Priceline's own website:

"Name Your Own Price tickets issued through Priceline are not eligible for frequent flyer miles."

Also see DL's website:

Mileage credit will not be given for the following:

- Bookings made through some Internet sites as described at those sites, including without limitation tickets purchased through Priceline.com

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ram/mileage_credit_rules/index.jsp

phxplanes

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:28 am

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 20):

And like US has done...twice.

Thats a whole different situation, its a new airline.

cltguy

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:34 am

What do the ATL-CLT signs say that the people are holding up at the rally?

LAXdude1023

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting Phxplanes (Reply 27):
Thats a whole different situation, its a new airline.

In fairness you can say the same about DL. They have changed alot in the last couple of years. They are on the upswing. Now that they are no longer under Leo Mullins death grip things have been changing for the better.
It is what it is...

cltguy

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:52 am

Its great to see such commitment from the Delta Employees towards this common goal of avoiding the merger. However for them to reach their goal its going to take more than rallys. Delta will need to come up with some cold hard cash for the creditors. Would the employees be willing to come up with some of that cash if it meant Delta would stay independent?

LawnDart

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:55 am

Quoting Cltguy (Reply 30):
Its great to see such commitment from the Delta Employees towards this common goal of avoiding the merger. However for them to reach their goal its going to take more than rallys. Delta will need to come up with some cold hard cash for the creditors. Would the employees be willing to come up with some of that cash if it meant Delta would stay independent?

Many of us came up with 20% of our paycheck...the pilots even more. How much more do you want from us?!?!?  smile 

SLCUT2777

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:57 am

I think Boeing4ever said it best: Like US Airways has done....twice? And like America West has done....twice? If it wasn't for BK and those "short-term bandaids," neither US or HP would be here today.

They all (The HP/US cheer squad on a.net) think that Dougie's Snake-Oil will cure DL like it did US. Well DL isn't the same runway kill that US was by early last year. A combined HP/US/DL will go bankrupt being burdened with $20-25 Billion (USD) in debt, and the end result will be the American flying public just might end up with a product like "Air Conrail!" A thought that makes me want to  vomit  !

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 23):
I think Doug has done very well for himself actually.

Any multi-million $$$ CEO has done well if he can kiss enough @$$ to get to the top of his company.

He's a smart guy...maybe a little over ambitious....but still he's not an idiot.

He tasted more success than he really accomplished when he picked up a runway kill USAir early last year for a fire sale price, but he is obviously smoking something to think he can get a similar deal for DL. He is over his head in this one.

He turned HP around...and I completely believe US will become a great airline as well. I have faith! hehe

He hasn't totally proved a thiing until he COMPLETES the HP/US merger. When I see the major intigration issues etc... as well as some major lose ends fixed, then I might start beleiving you. But right now he is trying to get something to cover his lack of current ability on another. This is a VERY bad move for HP/US.

HPLASOps

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:18 am

Okay, as a US employee, I've never been keen on this takeover idea. I know the numbers look right to the shareholders and Dougie wouldn't pursue this idea unless he really thought it was a good thing for both airlines. In addition, I've never had any beefs with DL, never flown them, have no reason to show disrepect or any ill will towards them. I completely understand why they want to remain independent of US, but that video was straight up horseshit propoganda. I about threw up when that military dude came up on and said "They have failed to merge airport operations! They have failed to make one check in line for customers! They have failed in their merger!" Does that asshole really think that merger two major airlines is as easy as flipping a light switch? Just because our goal to merge the certificates is in March of 07, does that mean we've "failed" in this merger? I hereby strip this asshole of his right to speak in public if he is going to say such nonsense. DL, if you want to stay independent, fine, but don't piss on us with lies.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

SLCUT2777

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:41 am

Quoting HPLASOps (Reply 33):
Okay, as a US employee, I've never been keen on this takeover idea.

That's good for starters

but that video was straight up horseshit propaganda.

Wait! Now you're starting to get as carried away as your boss is!

Does that asshole really think that merger two major airlines is as easy as flipping a light switch? Just because our goal to merge the certificates is in March of 07, does that mean we've "failed" in this merger? I hereby strip this asshole of his right to speak in public if he is going to say such nonsense. DL, if you want to stay independent, fine, but don't piss on us with lies.

Actually your point is valid so far as how hard it is to merge two respective carriers, which is why so many posters on this thread think Parker is out of his mind to try and pursue this. DL people don't piss on HP/US personnel as you assert. If anything the DL personnel I know have an issue with the narcissistic ego of your boss for pursuing this wild goose chase. With this distraction now, is Parker and Kirby going to realize their goal of achieving merger completion in March 2007 when DL expects to emerge from BK? I highly doubt it. If Parker had started the HP acquisition of US a few months earlier like near the end of 2004 right after they filed their second BK petition, then I think there might be a bit of a better chance he could pull this one off given he would have his merger goals achieved. But as is, this is an offer that is a little late in the game to have any realistic chance of being successful and is only disrespectful and inflammatory towards DL employees who have sacrificed and worked very hard to rebuild their carrier.

ca2ohHP

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:39 am

Your boy wants to buy the company, get rid of jobs, staple all DL people to the bottom of seniority lists, and hail himself as king of the industry. So tell me, HOW can this possibly work out in DL's favor? Ain't gonna happen.

What's your source for that?

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 34):
but that video was straight up horseshit propaganda.

Wait! Now you're starting to get as carried away as your boss is!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

silentbob

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:19 am

DL, if you want to stay independent, fine, but don't piss on us with lies.

That would eliminate about half of the DL talking points in the posts here.

surfdog75

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:20 am

I completely understand why they want to remain independent of US, but that video was straight up horseshit propoganda. I about threw up when that military dude came up on and said "They have failed to merge airport operations! They have failed to make one check in line for customers! They have failed in their merger!" Does that asshole really think that merger two major airlines is as easy as flipping a light switch? Just because our goal to merge the certificates is in March of 07, does that mean we've "failed" in this merger? I hereby strip this asshole of his right to speak in public if he is going to say such nonsense. DL, if you want to stay independent, fine, but don't piss on us with lies.

Where is the lie? You haven't merged much yet. It's not a slam, it does take time. The point is that Parker has no business trying to takeover another company with so much left to accomplish with his previous endeavor.

flyboyaz

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:27 am

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 32):
He hasn't totally proved a thiing until he COMPLETES the HP/US merger. When I see the major intigration issues etc... as well as some major lose ends fixed, then I might start beleiving you. But right now he is trying to get something to cover his lack of current ability on another. This is a VERY bad move for HP/US.

I think he has proved it can work....maybe not for DL but certainly for HP/US. We do pretty well for having 2 reservation systems and work groups. I've heard way more compliments than complaints and the complaints were minor and will be eliminated soon.

I have NOTHING bad to say about Doug...I've met him in person a couple of times and he was very sincere. But I'm biased because he gave us at HP a better work environment compared to Blue Haired Franke that could care less about us.
Catch a ride on a smile!

DeltaGuy

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:45 am

Quoting FlyPNS1 (Reply 26):
If you use Priceline's "Name Your Price" to buy tickets, you aren't supposed to get FF miles. From Priceline's own website:

"Name Your Own Price tickets issued through Priceline are not eligible for frequent flyer miles."

Also see DL's website:

Mileage credit will not be given for the following:

- Bookings made through some Internet sites as described at those sites, including without limitation tickets purchased through Priceline.com

Your missing the point. He GOT the miles accounted to his Skymiles. Why am I having to explain this? Delta posts those instructions on the web site to encourage Joe Schmoe to book through delta.com as compared to going to an online travel agency, and I have never heard of any instance where someone did not get miles accounted for. Every time I've booked Priceline, I've gotten mine. Every DL employee that I know is aware of this. And yet, the system works again.

that military dude came up on

Just so credit goes where it is due, that "military dude" is Captain Lee Moak, MEC Chairman of DALPA.

Does that asshole really think that merger two major airlines is as easy as flipping a light switch?

That dude was around when DL merged with Western and is acutely aware of what a merger entails. One of which does not include Doug carving his initials into Delta's pilot contract.

DL, if you want to stay independent, fine, but don't piss on us with lies.

No offense taken, in case you were wondering. LOL In actuality, that was just Capt. Moak peeing to put out the flames under Parker's ass as this thing falls apart for US.

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 35):
What's your source for that?

Every interview given by Doug Parker, CEO of America West/US Airways and future failure at the first attempt of a hostile takeover in America's airline industry. I've read every article that has been published on these mergers and everything that he has said, has been recounted or minimized in a later interview.

Quoting Silentbob (Reply 36):
That would eliminate about half of the DL talking points in the posts here.

checkmark  And as it came from an HP employee, even he is fine with a merger NOT happening.
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

USAirPlatinum

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:50 am

Again, the creditors don't care about any of this.

They care about two things: getting paid and getting paid with something that has value.

DL management offers stock in a "emerged" Delta run by the same people who crashed it into the ground in the first place. US offers proven, profitable stock plus cash.

All this trash talk and US bashing isn't going to change the fact that unless DL works a miracle or a higher bid comes in from another carrier or investment group, DL workers will be "flying with US."
"Hey guys, Delta is OUR Delta right now." -- Unpaid Creditors

andrewuber

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:03 am

OK as a former DL employee and a little bit of a Delta fan myself, I have to ask - will 10,000 buttons stop US from a takeover? Why are the employees and supporters of DL holding rallies and embarking on a press campaign? Shouldn't the priority be raising funds to exit bankruptcy? We know DL can do it - the employees have helped the company in the past (Ship 102).

We see DL is working on (yet another) new livery - which will be the fourth in just over a decade. We see brand new heavies sitting at gates at ATL for 16+ hours at a time. We see writeups in major newspapers about the lack of attention to their fleets (Chicago Tribune - Delta: Flying the Dirty Skies, for example). There are so many areas that DL can improve on!

Personally, I hope DL can exit bankruptcy and avoid a US takeover. I would love to see the Widget flying for many years to come. But IMHO - they need to be taking a far more aggressive look at what is absolutely necessary for survival - and what is not.

In the end it is NOT up to the employees, but it is up to the CREDITORS. The last thing a bankrupt airline should be doing right now is spend money on unnecessary projects. A bankrupt airline cannot afford to do that. Then you have Delta - a bankrupt airline with a competitor waving $8 billion over their heads - that should have scared DL into some type of emergency damage control mode, but instead they're designing new liveries and placing billion dollar orders for aircraft (772LR).

To avoid a takeover, try to make DL more profitable. Get control of waste and excesses, and improve efficiency of the operation. THAT is what will ensure the longevity of our beloved Widget.

Drew  

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Freight-Dawg - Airside Photography

[Edited 2006-12-30 02:13:47]
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

Acheron

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:04 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 39):
When will the employees and fans of both companies realize they have no effect on the outcome?

Indeed, but hey, people can dream.

Although, it seems that Doug Parker kicked SLCUT2777's dog. So much hate. Tsk tsk.

n102daman

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 am

WOW suddenly a great post turns Hostile. I thought we were talking about something positive here.

Great video. Makes me feel great to be part of the Delta Family.

Just to clear up one thing, that guy was not military as mentioned in a previous post. He is a Delta Pilot.

It seems to me that the Spirit of Delta is alive and very well. Thank you Doug Parker for giving us a wake up call and motivating us all to speak out.

Delta isn't just an Airline it is a family it always has been and always will be. If this doesn't give you a bit of a hint at that then you need a reality check. Delta has a long history of employees who care deeply for the company and the people that it serves.

This is another chapter in the book of the Delta family pulling together and supporting the airline as best they can. Reminds me of the old days when Pilots would help clean the aircraft and load baggage so that they could help the airline in any wayto help avoid the airline having to lay off employees. It reminds me of when the employees cared so much about thier company they purchased an aircraft for the airline, Deltas first 767 aptly named "The Spirit of Delta". Yes indeed the "Spirit of Delta" is alive. And you thought it retired with that aircraft. Oh no it didn't. You won't get that with US Airways wearing a Delta Airlines suit. Just shows you what a bunch of NON UNION people can and will do for their company to help it succeed.

"Delta Is My Airline"

Click here to join the "Keep Delta My Delta" campaign

N102DAman

Fly Widget Fly
It was a good song that "Song" sang
"Service and Hospitality from the Heart." (C. E. Woolman, Delta airlines first CEO and founder.)

LawnDart

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:10 am

Quoting N102DAman (Reply 44):
It seems to me that the Spirit of Delta is alive and very well. Thank you Doug Parker for giving us a wake up call and motivating us all to speak out.

Very, very true...I haven't seen the DL people support each other and the company like this since B.M. (Before Mullin)!

USPIT10L

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:13 am

Quoting USAirPlatinum (Reply 40):
Again, the creditors don't care about any of this.

They care about two things: getting paid and getting paid with something that has value.

DL management offers stock in a "emerged" Delta run by the same people who crashed it into the ground in the first place. US offers proven, profitable stock plus cash.

All this trash talk and US bashing isn't going to change the fact that unless DL works a miracle or a higher bid comes in from another carrier or investment group, DL workers will be "flying with US."

I'm afraid that may end up being the case. All this "Keep Delta my Delta" crap is just typical Delta arrogance, if you ask me. Yes, it WAS the best airline in the world, 25 years ago. But since 1987-1994, it has gone downhill, fast. I don't need to recap all the mistakes DL has made, many Deltoids have done just that throughout the bankruptcy.

Quoting AndrewUber (Reply 41):

checkmark   checkmark 
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

HPLASOps

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:14 am

Quoting Surfdog75 (Reply 37):
Where is the lie? You haven't merged much yet. It's not a slam,

The lie is to call our merger a failure. Yes, it is not complete yet, we all know that, but I don't see how anyone in good concious can call our merger a failure just because we're taking our time doing it so that's done right. Would you prefer we try to do it in 3 months and then we end up with HP mx techs who don't know how to work on a 767 or A330 that had to divert to a traditional HP station? Or how about the fact that the US rampers at LAS are still having difficulty adjusting to what it means to work at a hub? What about training 10,000 US East employees on how to use Shares when they've been using Sabre their whole career? Mergers take time, we're choosing to keep progress at a slower pace to ensure that everyone stays in sync. That's not failure, that's just how we're doing it. That's what drove me over the wall.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

widget1580

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:37 am

Quoting N102DAman (Reply 43):
WOW suddenly a great post turns Hostile. I thought we were talking about something positive here

N102DAman - thanks for understanding this post. I didn't make it to start an all out thread war. You people turn the most simple topics into war zones and argue like two year olds! Aren't you tired of it? Seriously, grow up already. It's pathetic.

YES! We all know that it's up to the creditors whether or not DL gets taken over by US. We are reminded everyday by the media, this website.. from anyone. There is no need to continue arguing over it!

Of course I do not want it to happen. I was impressed by the retaliation by the employees, I think it's a good sign for them to stand up for their jobs as well as Delta's future. You would do it too if you were in their shoes, and don't argue that, it's true. If they didn't want to be working for Delta, then they surely would not.

I posted it to show how proud Delta's employees are of their company. You better believe they're not going to let what they've been through go without a fight! They've put up with too much in the past six years to see what they did get shot to hell by this. They have every reason to be proud of what they have. And I respect the employees for that.

This thread was not meant to blame or bash Delta for problems you had on a previous trip or how Delta has messed up in the past! Worry about what's going to happen, NOT what happened, especially if it's about yourself. I know I don't care and I bet others agree with me.

-Travis

silentbob

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:40 am

Quoting DeltaGuy (Reply 39):
And as it came from an HP employee, even he is fine with a merger NOT happening.

I'm fine with it either way too, virtually no effect on me no matter what happens. I just don't understand why so people are mixing insults, wild accusations and twisting facts to support their argument. Those tactics make most neutral observers, and me, much less likely to accept your points. Being the one who yells the most or loudest doesn't win in the business world.

DeltaGuy

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:47 pm

Let's look at a few things right to shed a little more light on Delta's position:

This is a courtesy email sent to me from my buddy OttoPylit and reprinted with his permission.

US says that the combination will generate $1.65 billion in annual synergies...$710 billion in net cost synergies.

The truth is that their "synergies" are based on deeply flawed economic assumptions and are overstated. The merger would result in increased costs and creditor claims that would offset any savings, mismatched fleets, 10% network reduction, the loss of at least 10,000 jobs and a huge, $23 billion debt load.

US says that "A lot of people were skeptical of the HP/US combination. We've proven them wrong: we're recalling employees and hiring new people, we're hitting our integration goals and quickly fixing the inevitable problems that have cropped up during integration.."

The truth is that US' proposal has overwhelming labor issues that would scuttle the proposed transaction. Even US employees are saying, "We are very skeptical of the company's ability to put together a three way merger when they haven't even been successful with a two-way merger," said Tania Bziukiewicz, US Airways pilot/Spokesman for America West pilots.

US says "We would be the largest carrier across the Atlantic to Europe and have the second strongest position in the Caribbean."

The truth is that, as Senator Saxby Chambliss points out, "This proposed deal is good for US Airways, but a bad deal for Delta." Delta is already the largest carrier across the Atlantic to Europe and is already the fastest growing carrier in the Caribbean.

US says "the combination of US Airways and Delta would create one of the world's largest airlines and would operate under the Delta name."

The truth is that US Airways ranks low on ALL customer service dimensions in the most recent JD Powers survey. Meanwhile, Delta ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in all categories and No. 2 overall. So naturally they would want to take advantage of the hard-earned success of DL employees.

US says that "since the America West/US Airways merger, US Airways has lowered leisure fares in nearly 350 markets."

The truth is that they fail to mention that they've also increased average fares nearly twice that of other legacy carriers. And pricing has gone up, not down, on 6,600 US Airways routes following its merger.

Can't really argue those points and sound credible.