Pe@rson
Topic Author

KUL - Viewing The Movements + 1 Other Question

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:54 pm

My girlfriend and I will be flying KUL-PNH on Monday (and then REP-KUL 9 days later).

As I'd like to spend a couple of hours watching the movements before flying, could you tell me whether there's any observation area at KUL which is landside? If there is, is it any good?

Also, while en route from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur today, our bus passed a small airfield probably 5 or 10 minutes from where we were dropped in Kuala Lumpur. There were some light aircraft and a few old machines. What is its name?

Cheers,

James in Kuala Lumpur.

[Edited 2006-12-29 14:07:25]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

w3ndytj4n

RE: KUL - Viewing The Movements + 1 Other Question

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:53 am

There are two more Airports in Kuala Lumpur, if I am not mistaken one is Sungai Besi Airport, the other one is Subang Airport, the one you are talking about most probably is Sungai Besi Airport.

w3ndy
Wendy Tjan

tsentsan

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 am

KLIA has an obs deck land side where you can watch the movements of the MTB. Abit more difficult for LCCT and STB.
NO URLS in signature

kulatict

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:28 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
Also, while en route from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur today, our bus passed a small airfield probably 5 or 10 minutes from where we were dropped in Kuala Lumpur. There were some light aircraft and a few old machines. What is its name?

that's the Sungai Besi airport..mainly used for the Malaysian Air Force & some general aviation

there's not a lot of movement in KUL anyway... probably some KLM, CX, Garuda, SQ 772ER, Gulf Air, TG, tonnes of MH & Air Asia..probably that's a bout it on the afternoon.. hope u have fun  Smile

emalad

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:03 am

This has to be one of the best airports in the world. I have only ever been through on transit and I must admit, never found anywhere to watch the comings and goings on the tarmac.