EMA747
Topic Author

Lufthansa Technik Tours

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:26 am

I was just reading this EasyJet LGW-NCE-LGW Daytrip (w/pics) (by Sam1987 Dec 30 2006 in Trip Reports)
trip report and it has a section on a tour of the Lufthansa Technik facility at FRA.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the general public is allowed to have a tour as in the reoprt as it looks very interesting and going on some of the aircraft in there would be awesome. I found some details on the LH Technik tours for the Hamburg base but it wasnt clear if you get to go round any of the aircraft there so I would prefere to go to FRA.

Thanks for any help

Andy A
Failing doesn’t make you a failure. Giving up and refusing to try again does!

ZRHnerd

RE: Lufthansa Technik Tours

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:52 am

Cant help you wit LH Technik, but if you'll ever be in ZRH i'm sure my dad can organise an SRTechnics tour. Ive done it myself a couple of times and it's most interesting and definately worth the time.

HT

RE: Lufthansa Technik Tours

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:25 pm

Quoting ZRHnerd (Reply 1):
SRTechnics tour. Ive done it myself a couple of times and it's most interesting and definately worth the time

This is copied by the participants of the ZRH Summer Meet 2006 who enjoyed that tour very much.
As an experience from that tour, try to schedule a visit outside the weekend, as (as we were told) usually less a/c are present during the weekend (and thesole VS A346 we saw was a no-no to take pictures of, which was highly respected).
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !