Hamlet69
Topic Author

Air Berlin Info?

Mon Jul 17, 2000 10:54 am

Dear all,

I am curious if anyone can provide any info on this oft-overlooked carrier. Fleet, alliance partners, owners? A reference to a website would be most especially appreciated, as I cannot find one through any search engine. I don't even care if it is in German, although I don't speak the language.

Thanks in advance.

Hamlet69
Honor the warriors, not the war.

Peter

RE: Air Berlin Info?

Mon Jul 17, 2000 10:59 am

The web site is at http://www.airberlin.com/

Peter

Mon Jul 17, 2000 11:04 am

For a list of airline or airport web sites all over the world, go to http://home.soneraplaza.nl/mw/prive/mdn/airlines.html

Mon Jul 17, 2000 12:08 pm

Okay, here are some basic facts about Air Berlin. I know the airline quite well as it is the leading holiday airline at my home airport Paderborn/Lippstadt (PAD).

Codes: AB/BER
Fleet: 16 B738 (184 seats) and 5 B734 (167 seats), all having TCAS anti-collision system, all major maintenance carried out by LH
Founded: 1979, American ownership, since 1990 major stake hold by Germans
Passengers: 3 Mio. (1999)

Departure Airports: Berlin (both TXL and SXF), Bremen, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Erfurt, Hamburg, Hannover, Cologne/Bonn, Leipzig/Halle, Munster/Osnabrück, Nuremberg,Paderborn/Lippstadt, Saarbrucken, Stuttgart

Destinations: Agadir, Alicante, Almeria, Antalya, Dalaman, Djerba, Faro, Fuerteventura, Funchal, Gran Canaria, Heraklion, Hurghada, Ibiza, Jerez de la Frontera, Korfu, Kos, La Palma, Lanzarote, Larnaca, Luxor, Malaga, Menorca, Monastir, Palma de Mallorca, Paphos, Rhodos, Samos, Sharm el Sheik, Teneriffa, Thessaloniki, Zakynthos

Air Berlin flies for all major German travel organisers as well as selling single seats on all flights.

Air Berlin was the first German holiday carier that based jets at small airports like Munster, Paderborn, Nuremberg wich are now all among their major bases. The carrier has 4 B737 based at Paderborn, an airport with just over 1 Mio passengers annually  

Hope that helps. For further information don't hesitate to write: pauli_33415@hotmail.com

Mon Jul 17, 2000 12:19 pm

..and Air Berlin doent currently have alliance partners as they do no scheduled flights.

reno

Hamlet69
Topic Author

Mon Jul 17, 2000 12:53 pm

THANK YOU to everyone for your informative (and quick, by gosh) responses.

Isn't the internet great!!  

Hamlet69
Honor the warriors, not the war.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos