KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Drunk Flight Crew Arrested At BGO

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:41 am

The Flight Crew of an An-22 was arrested after all four crew members were stopped in security on suspicion of intoxication. Breathalyzer tests confirmed the four were drunk.

Source: VG (Norwegian only)

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

BA787

RE: Drunk Flight Crew Arrested At BGO

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:44 am

Lucky they never got to take off, woudl have been a nightmare. Whats the prosecution rule in Norway?

IAHFLYR

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:48 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Thread starter):
The Flight Crew of an An-22 was arrested after all four crew members were stopped in security on suspicion of intoxication.

Isn't that a requirement prior to engine start on that aircraft!  highfive 

Seriously, what is it, you know you have a flight scheduled, why risk your entire career by being flat out STUPID?  banghead 
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

Someone83

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:50 am

Quoting BA787 (Reply 1):
Whats the prosecution rule in Norway?

Well a PIA pilot did get to spend a few months in jail after being stopped at OSL last summer

BAalltheway

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:59 am

Do you know if they were they were just blowing traces of alcohol, or were they smashed?

Regardless, that's disgusting. I imagine they were all out boozed to the gills together for pre-flight. It's bad enough when one pilot jeopardizes lives in this way, but at least then there's theoretically a sober pilot in the next seat to be responsible enough....but for the entire flight crew...this just amazes me...

...Soon they'll install beathalyzer starters in all the cockpits...  drunk 

Someone83

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:26 am

According to a Norwegian newspaper have three of the crew been prisoned for 4 weeks until their trial (no, you can't bail out in Norway). The captains alcohol content was 1,1, while one of the other crew came up with 1,4 when they tested his blood 2 hours AFTER the scheduled departure

Most likely will they get between 3 and 6 months in total, but as long as they brush their teeths every day will they be released av 2/3 of the total time

KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:55 am

Quoting Someone83 (Reply 5):
According to a Norwegian newspaper have three of the crew been prisoned for 4 weeks until their trial (no, you can't bail out in Norway). The captains alcohol content was 1,1, while one of the other crew came up with 1,4 when they tested his blood 2 hours AFTER the scheduled departure

Most likely will they get between 3 and 6 months in total, but as long as they brush their teeths every day will they be released av 2/3 of the total time

Beat me to it. I was just gonna post that  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

OV735

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:56 am

Hey, that's eight propellers to control, you need the bit of extra encouragement.

Seriously though, nice to know the Norwegian police still knows their trade. I wonder if their licenses will get revoked by the Ukrainian authorities? Not too many pilots out there with An-22 ratings, I figure.

Cheers,
OV735

(no pun intended with the signature )

[Edited 2007-01-09 23:57:02]

airfoilsguy

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:57 am

Quoting Someone83 (Reply 5):
The captains alcohol content was 1,1, while one of the other crew came up with 1,4 when they tested his blood 2 hours AFTER the scheduled departure

Hey, at least the auto pilot was sober. Some people are just plane stupid.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos