Iflewrepublic
Topic Author

American And United Employees

Mon Jul 17, 2000 1:18 pm

For some time now, I've been wanting to know what the employees think of the impending mergers...American trying to merge with Northwest, and United trying to merge with USAirways. I initially wanted to know what American's and United's employees felt, however, I'm willing to hear all four sides of the issue.

Iflewrepublic.
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

UALfa@jfk

RE: American And United Employees

Mon Jul 17, 2000 4:50 pm

Depending on the day of the week, I'm very ambivalent about UA/US. Personally, I think 'bout time the merger fully goes through (*IF* it goes through), I would have moved on to another career.

Thus far, at UA, it's business as usual but with all kinds of opinions, predictions, optimisms, and fears. The people who seem the most worried are those with 10+ years of seniority.