kretek

Valuair - Mixed Identity?

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Flew on Valuair from Singapore to Surabaya. Noticed flight crew were wearing black and orange uniforms, clearly those of Jetstar. The destinations map show Valuair only serving the I'sian cities of Jakarta, Surabaya and Denpasar linking to Singapore, and the rest of the region served by Jetstar. Served a snack sized warm chicken mince puff with water/tea/coffee free of charge. Subsequent rounds, they were selling snacks, drinks and souvenirs from the Jetstar brochure.

I know that not long ago Jetstar Asia (Qantas) took over Valuair.
Qs I have:
1) Why do they keep the Valuair brand since the flight crew are wearing jetstar uniforms?
2) Why the mixed service of free snacks and subsequent service requiring purchase like those on no-frills airlines?
3) Why not send Jetstar planes to I'sian cities since they now bought Valuair?

Many thanks

bill142

RE: Valuair - Mixed Identity?

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:20 pm

Jetstar acquired Valuair in order to gain access to Indonesia and China. The Valuair brand is retained to keep government authorities happy.

Ryanair!!!

RE: Valuair - Mixed Identity?

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:25 pm

The rights to fly into Indonesia was only granted to Valuair. Therefore, even though VF is now owned by 3K, the corporate identity of the former has to be retained in order to continue operating to the country concerned.
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!