Humberside
Topic Author

Allegiant And Mexico

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:02 am

I know Allegiant haven't even started Canada flights yet but could Mexico be another possible market for Allegiant out of LAS, and maybe even SFB and PIE too (although the Mexican's have plenty of coastal resorts of their own). I know there are many regional airports in Mexico - could G4's formula in the USA be transferred to some of those?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

FATFlyer

RE: Allegiant And Mexico

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:11 am

There are rumors of an international focus city happening in the next couple of years. I've heard both SJD and PVR thrown around as possibles.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

QXatFAT

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:14 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 1):
PVR thrown around as possibles.

That would deffinatly be a good one for here in the Central Valley.

Would G4 change their tactic on service though if they go international?
Don't Tread On Me!

ghost77

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:01 am

IIRC, Allegiant is owned or at least RyanAir has an stake, right? RyanAir has too an stake in VivaAerobus. Most feasible to see soon Viva flying MTY-LAS or vv! Allegiant down to MTY and then connect with Viva to Mexico.
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

Humberside
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:02 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 1):
There are rumors of an international focus city happening in the next couple of years. I've heard both SJD and PVR thrown around as possibles.

That would be interesting (like F9 at CUN) but I was thinking more of taking Mexicans to LAS - could that work?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

ERJ170

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:11 am

With G4 going international, that could open up a world of possibilities for them at medium size airports, too! Since they are going Canadian, and if they go Mexican.. the possibilities are virtually ENDLESS... In addition to 2 weekly flights out of Fort Wayne (just for an example) to Mexico or Canada, they could also offer 2 weekly flights from IND or somewhere else..

In addition to 2 weekly flights out of ROA or ISO, they could offer international flights out of RIC or GSO..

just food for thought..
Aiming High and going far..

FATFlyer

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:30 am

Quoting Ghost77 (Reply 3):
IIRC, Allegiant is owned or at least RyanAir has an stake, right?

Not RyanAir itself, but the Ryan family has a stake. I think Declan Ryan has something like 5% of the company. Another 5% is owned by Viva Air Limited.

Quoting Humberside (Reply 4):
That would be interesting (like F9 at CUN) but I was thinking more of taking Mexicans to LAS - could that work?

Possible, they do see quite a bit of cross border travellers at McAllen. But I think there are few markets they would actually take on in Mexico right now. Too many US choices left without dealing with international flying.

Quoting ERJ170 (Reply 5):
In addition to 2 weekly flights out of Fort Wayne (just for an example) to Mexico or Canada, they could also offer 2 weekly flights from IND

Doubtful they would go to an airport the size of IND in the next few years. There are about 50 smaller airports in the US that are in the current model's crosshairs. The larger airports put them in competition with other airlines that would also be interested in those markets.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

ADXMatt

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:37 pm

Allegiant already does Charters to Mexico. I've seen their a/c in PVR on more then one occasion.