8herveg
Topic Author

Why No LHR/LGW - Bratislava Service?

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:38 am

How come there isn't a non low cost airline operating a flight between London and Bratislava?

So far Ryanair and Sky Europe from Stansted, but I'm quite suprised BA or Slovak Air do not fly from Heathrow or Gatwick.

Can anyone tell me why? Is it because Bratislava is too close to Vienna?

BA787

RE: Why No LHR/LGW - Bratislava Service?

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 am

Presumably because there isnt enough market for the routes, and Ryaniar manages it because of its fares, whereas BA would struggle with its full service on the routes

Humberside

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:08 am

Before the LoCo's came I dont think there was a market for Bratislava-LON - and once the LoCo's got established on the route they made sure there wasn't going to be room for a more traditional carrier on the route. I think Slovak Airlines tried LGW for a while but ended up axing flights. As for passengers wanting worldwide connections - they can use LH to MUC for example or go to VIE
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

goldorak

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:26 am

also consider that LCC advertise (at least in France) the flights to Bratislava as flights to Vienna !  Angry  hissyfit