CXtra
Topic Author

01 April Onwards: No Cathay Fares?

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:26 pm

I'm aware the travel industry year begins on 1 April but it seems to me (at least in Australia) that CX have not yet released many fares for the 'next year'. Not very helpful when you're trying to book up and not very helpful for CX coffers either.

My travel agent tells me they are already losing pax who can't be bothered to wait for fares, especially J and F. Anyone have info on why they are so late, and when they may come out??

Input is appreciated.. thanks!
Cathay Pacific, Now you're really flying

AeroWesty

RE: 01 April Onwards: No Cathay Fares?

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Do you mean net fares that travel agents mark up, or regular fares? cathaypacific.com has a full compliment of fares available to book past April 1st.
International Homo of Mystery

CXtra
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 1):
cathaypacific.com has a full compliment of fares available to book past April 1st.

no, not really.. check - are you talking about ex Australia? there are a few in economy that go to the end of this year but most end 31/03, and there are no business or first beyond then.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 1):
Do you mean net fares that travel agents mark up, or regular fares

if by regular you mean full fare, then no, this is not what I mean. they'll happily sell you a j class return from SYD to LHR for AU$12,000. i'm talking about the discounted ones.

Leskova

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:08 am

They've already released their net fares here in Germany (where 1 April has no relevance at all in the tourism industry), we're already selling them...  Smile

Is there any type of travel fair/trade show coming up in Australia? Some airlines like to release their fares at shows like that... and I've looked through Sabre, there, indeed, do not seem to be any reduced C/F fares loaded, though that also seems to be the case with QF (at least looking at SYD-LHR).
Smile - it confuses people!

CXtra
Topic Author

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:36 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 3):
that also seems to be the case with QF

QF don't reduce anything in J/F.. you'd be lucky to get anything below AU$10000 with them in J, at least to LHR!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos