panam330

CO Express IAH-Northeast: Is It Possible?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 pm

I touched upon this in another thread, and it started a bit of a discussion, so I figured I'd open up another thread, rather than hijack that one. My question is in regards to Continental Express (be it CHQ or XJT), and their service from IAH. Is it possible that COex would serve the Northeast's smaller airports from IAH? Would an ERJ-145XR be able to make these flights work?
BUF, ROC, SYR and ALB come to mind as cities that could receive the service. The first three of those four receive CRJ-700s to DFW on AE, and from what I've gathered, the services do fairly well. It would be nice to see a midwest connection opportunity on SkyTeam as well. If any CO execs are reading this, a 6-8am SYR-IAH would be perfect!  Wink

CALMSP

RE: CO Express IAH-Northeast: Is It Possible?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:14 pm

ALB/BUF/SYR are all w/in range of the XRJ......ALB would equal the length of our old BOI flight. ALB/BUF have been mentioned as domestic city pairs that we could expand to. Certainly would be nice as it would open up seats on our CLE/EWR routes to/from IAH.

DCA-ROCguy

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:24 am

Hmmm...maybe. Regarding Rochester: For whatever it's worth, Faremeasure shows ROC-DFW at 146 daily pax, and ROC-IAH as 66. If AA can only run one daily CR7, including connecting pax, on ROC-DFW, I wonder if ROC-IAH might be tough for CO. Of course the ERJ-145 has 20 fewer seats than the CR7, but that would still mean needing to capture most of the daily pax on the route. If CO ever started ROC-IAH, we might lose an EWR or CLE frequency.

BUF-HOU might be more likely; Faremeasure shows 153 daily pax. But then AA wasn't getting the yield it wanted on BUF-DFW despite having an apparently bigger market than ROC to draw from--currently showing 159 daily pax. It would probably depend upon the business/ leisure mix on BUF-IAH.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

2travel2know

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:03 am

Would IAH > HPN / ISP / SWF / ACY and EWR > HOU / BTR be routes for CO Express E145?
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

dolphinflyer

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:50 am

Quoting PanAm330 (Thread starter):
The first three of those four receive CRJ-700s to DFW on AE

Unfortunately, American Eagle disc. DFW-BUF CR7 service, but DFW-ROC and DFW-SYR continue. DFW-ALB is just slightly beyond the range of American Eagle's comfort zone in flying the CR7. No prob flying DFW->ALB, but headwinds on the return would create a payload/range problem.

KingAirMan

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:01 am

anyone think CO will ever pull into HOU ? I know there was talk at one time HOU -EWR but 9.11 ruined that..

CALMSP

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:59 am

even aftwerwards............I flew COEX from CLE and a 735 from EWR.......was kind of nice having the alternative..........wish we would go back in.

rocANDtpa

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:10 am

Quoting Dolphinflyer (Reply 4):
Unfortunately, American Eagle disc. DFW-BUF

I'm surprised CO doesn't add daily BUF-IAH 735 or 733 service

[Edited 2007-01-16 01:14:21]

kstateinALB

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:17 am

Quoting Dolphinflyer (Reply 4):
DFW-ALB is just slightly beyond the range of American Eagle's comfort zone in flying the CR7

I agree, and I don't think that there is demand for that kind of flight unless it is mainline, more than likely with the MD80, but they don't really use them on flights to DFW.

IAH-ALB would be good for the Latin America connecteions. It's a route they have to consider at some point.

[Edited 2007-01-16 01:17:49]
ALB, DTW, ORD, MDW, MCI, JFK, LGA, LHR, MAD, MSP, IAD, DCA, MCO, ATL, CVG, TUL, MHK, PHL, PIT, DFW, DAL, CLT, IND, AUS,

Alitalia744

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:20 am

Quoting KstateinALB (Reply 8):
IAH-ALB would be good for the Latin America connecteions. It's a route they have to consider at some point.

IAH-ALB would be an ideal route for LatAm connections. My mother constantly has to go either ALB-EWR-IAH-ZIH or ALB-CLE-IAH-ZIH, kinda a pain, and CO never seems to be able to get her back without an overnight somewhere.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

Eagle11

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:31 am

Quoting PanAm330 (Thread starter):
Is it possible that COex would serve the Northeast's smaller airports from IAH?

I would certainly love to see it. It seems like there could be a market, even if it is just for one daily flight on a 50-seater.

The fact that it has not been tried as of yet though may say that CO doesn't think they can make much money on the routes.
"The Eagle has landed"

CALMSP

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:34 am

well, now we are short on RJ's............so dont look for a quick prize into the northeast...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos