BALAX
Topic Author

AA Moves To Terminal 2 IN NRT

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:12 am

Taken from yahoo of course. AA is streamlining their operations out of NRT and now moving to terminal 2 with 4 other OW members. New Admirals Club to open soon.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070116/datu009.html?.v=81

mpdpilot

RE: AA Moves To Terminal 2 IN NRT

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:23 am

this sounds good for AA I am curious who the four other airlines are.
One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere.

kiwiandrew

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:27 am

Quoting MPDPilot (Reply 1):
I am curious who the four other airlines are.

but not curious enough to actually read the article Big grin

...The new terminal will house and conveniently connect passengers to oneworld airlines Cathay Pacific Airways, Qantas Airways, Finnair and Japan Airlines, which will join the oneworld Alliance in early 2007...

albird87

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:28 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 2):
...The new terminal will house and conveniently connect passengers to oneworld airlines Cathay Pacific Airways, Qantas Airways, Finnair and Japan Airlines, which will join the oneworld Alliance in early 2007...

Wont BA also count there?? I know it isnt really for connections but that would make 5!!

mpdpilot

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:36 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 2):
but not curious enough to actually read the article

No I ment which ones moved and which ones were there already. JAL has been in T2 for a while as I remember it and they only listed four airlines. So who moved or are they meaning that AA was the only one who moved and they were joining the four that were there. Whatever the case maybe I didn't understand the situation no need for sarcasm just an answer.
One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere.

AADC10

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:57 am

How does T2 compare to the remodeled T1? T1 used to be kind of dumpy and T2 was certainly better back when it was built, although I have not been inside it. Getting between terminals is a hassle so consolidating OneWorld at T2 and StarAllinace (and SkyTeam?) at T1 will probably make it more convenient for everyone.

sllevin

Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:32 am

Quoting Albird87 (Reply 3):
Wont BA also count there?? I know it isnt really for connections but that would make 5!!

BA is not moving from T1 -- I'm not sure of the reason.

Steve

ikramerica

Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:46 am

The Admiral's Club at NRT T1 was quite nice. Well appointed, and with windows overlooking all of the gates AA used so you could see your 777 when it arrived and the progress it was making toward departure. You could also see a runway and lots of jets taking off, landing and taxiing.

I hope the new club location isn't in some windowless area of overlooking the terminal space or something lame like that.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

JAL

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:17 am

And where would BA be?
Work Hard But Play Harder

cinja

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:45 am

Quoting AADC10 (Reply 5):
How does T2 compare to the remodeled T1?

T2 seems more cramped and crowded now than before. Personally I don't enjoy flying out of T2 whatsoever, it always seems like there are more people flying (likely JAL) in less space. And T1 houses the more impressive observation deck, a good place to visit before checking in.

Quoting AADC10 (Reply 5):
Getting between terminals is a hassle so consolidating OneWorld at T2 and StarAllinace (and SkyTeam?) at T1 will probably make it more convenient for everyone.

Whenever I am there for spotting it always amazes me how many people are transferring between terminals. I never really thought about the reasons, but now it makes sense with the code sharing going on between airlines situated at different terminals.

Quoting JAL (Reply 8):
And where would BA be?

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/whats_new/iten/index.html shows the airlines at each terminal. Still some reorganization required...

CinJA

Bicoastal

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:26 am

As usual, OneWorld is playing catch up to Star Alliance. This time it is in combining fellow members in one terminal at Narita.   

[Edited 2007-01-17 02:49:57]
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

centrair

Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:23 pm

I think BA will move over to T2 eventually especially with JL in OneWorld. They will be the only OneWorld member remaining at T1 after this move which is not very convenient for passengers.

Other Changes that will happen
DL and CO will be moving to T1. And I bet SU and CZ will move at some point as well. This will put all Skyteam airlines into T1 North Wing.

Star will be in South Wing except NZ which prefers to use its JL codeshare instead of playing nice with Star Alliance partner NH and the rest of Star. I would guess that if CA joins Star, it could move. That South Wing is really impressive.

Non-Alliance are here and there in both terminals. That won't change.
Yes...I am not a KIX fan. Let's Japanese Aviation!