Australia1
Topic Author

AVV Ever Used For Int Flights Instead Of MEL?

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:31 am

below from news story a few days ago, re Air Asia & flights to Australia.

Obviously runway at AVV is sufficientm as can handle QF 744 landing for heavy maintenance, but terminal is apparently basic at this stage. Presume could easily get in customs & immgration if needed.

Anyone know anything about AVV International ?

"Chan Kong Choy, Malaysia’s Minister for Transport said, “We are negotiating now so if things go on fine you can see a low-cost carrier from Australia by the second half of the year.”

If talks go through, Jetstar would be the first major foreign airline to fly out of Kuala Lumpur’s low-cost terminal – currently used almost exclusively by AirAsia.

Chan said that AirAsia was looking to fly into Melbourne’s Avalon Airport, a low-cost hub for Jetstar."

pilotdude09

RE: AVV Ever Used For Int Flights Instead Of MEL?

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:01 pm

I dont think there is anything thing and it is a long way from anything especially Melbourne and people have been caught out using JQ from Perth and they arrive and go to connect to their flight but the correct airport is over an hour away. Always laugh when i hear people say that, how stupid do you have to be?

But i know that the facilites are the bare essential.
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

Australia1
Topic Author

RE: AVV Ever Used For Int Flights Instead Of MEL?

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Quoting Pilotdude09 (Reply 1):
But i know that the facilites are the bare essential.

but that's why it's a low cost airport !!!