falstaff

Anyone Know This Republic/NW Pilot?

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:40 am

Back in 1981 when my family moved to Denver we lived next to a young DC-9 FO for Republic named Jim Nance. My dad and I were talking about the Christmas eve blizzard of 1982, in Denver and Jim's name came up. Jim and my dad got all beered up that night. He once gave me a Republic Frisbee, which I still have. He was a great guy and my dad and him used to hang out together, we even flew on a flight of his from LAS-DEN in 1985. My dad and I were wondering what ever happened to him? I know he went to work for NW in 1986 and was promoted to captain shorty after. He moved away 1987. He would be about 55-60 or so now, so either he is retired or about to. Anyone know a Jim Nance who flew for Republic and Northwest? I think he used to fly for Hughes Airwest too.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

EvilForce

RE: Anyone Know This Republic/NW Pilot?

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:02 am

Quoting Falstaff (Thread starter):
Back in 1981 when my family moved to Denver we lived next to a young DC-9 FO for Republic named Jim Nance. My dad and I were talking about the Christmas eve blizzard of 1982, in Denver and Jim's name came up. Jim and my dad got all beered up that night. He once gave me a Republic Frisbee, which I still have. He was a great guy and my dad and him used to hang out together, we even flew on a flight of his from LAS-DEN in 1985. My dad and I were wondering what ever happened to him? I know he went to work for NW in 1986 and was promoted to captain shorty after. He moved away 1987. He would be about 55-60 or so now, so either he is retired or about to. Anyone know a Jim Nance who flew for Republic and Northwest? I think he used to fly for Hughes Airwest too.

Yes. Here he is:

http://www.abrahamlincolnartgallery.com/artistbio.htm

His contact info is listed on the site.
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

falstaff

RE: Anyone Know This Republic/NW Pilot?

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:08 am

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 1):
His contact info is listed on the site.

That was fast. It is amazing how is artwork has progressed. Back in the 80s they only had two dogs. I loved playing with them when I was a kid.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503