fokkerf28

Delta To Discuss US Airways' Bid

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:17 am

Looks like things are moving along. Feb 1st is right around the corner.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070119/ap_on_bi_ge/delta_bankruptcy_1

deltadawg

RE: Delta To Discuss US Airways' Bid

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:15 am

Nothing more than a press release saying that they are obligated to discuss the proposal. Does not mean they are going through with a merger or declining a merger.

I believe the BOD is still opposed but as it says they are obligated to discuss it. That's all.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

SLCUT2777

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:29 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 1):
I believe the BOD is still opposed but as it says they are obligated to discuss it. That's all.

checkmark  I think they will just ditto they're last official response, being it is a "structurally flawed" business plan:
http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10487
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

DLPMMM

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:39 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 1):

I think the only discussions will be about how to make sure the LCC bid is unsuccessful.

DeltaGuy

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 am

US Airways is asking Delta's official creditors committee to support postponing that hearing. It has said that if that condition is not met by Feb. 1, along with several other conditions, it will revoke its bid for Delta.

Hope we can get their crappy offer to expire and them to just leave DL alone.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

SLCUT2777

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:32 am

Quoting DeltaGuy (Reply 4):

After 01/30/2007 when the annual earnings report for Hp/US are released, they will likely be below target dropping the value of their stock, so at that time the offer will tank, and Dougie and company will have to go for something else since they won't have enough to go after NW.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

DL WIDGET HEAD

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:17 am

If this one does expire, I expect DP will come back with a slightly more robust third offer. I don't think they're ready to walk away just yet.

SLCUT2777

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:23 am

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 6):
If this one does expire, I expect DP will come back with a slightly more robust third offer. I don't think they're ready to walk away just yet.

If the HP/US stock starts to tank, it's over:
Big version: Width: 450 Height: 318 File size: 55kb
Pat Bagley, Salt Lake Tribune SLtrib.com

http://extras.sltrib.com/bagley/Archive.asp?Vol=content&Num=30

DL WIDGET HEAD

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:26 am

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 7):
If the HP/US stock starts to tank, it's over:

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

WestJetYQQ

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:30 am

Say the merger does go through, where will this new airline rank among American and United?
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

SLCUT2777

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:32 am

Quoting WestJetYQQ (Reply 9):
Say the merger does go through, where will this new airline rank among American and United?

With all of the divestiture the U.S. Dept. of Justice will likely require, it is hard to say if they will stay ahead of AA and UA in the projected #1 position which they say it will.

sunking737

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:39 am

Hello to all you DL people, I am behind you 100%.

Keep US Airways away from Delta.

US is screwed up enough right now.

They did not get the IAM contract signed, as they said it would be on Jan.1st.

Management lies to their own employees, so they are lying to you all too.

But stay away from NWA, they are worse then US.

Stay the course and don't merge with anyone.
Just an MSPAVGEEK

worldtraveler

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:54 am

US' load factor for December was the lowest of any of the majors and at least 4 points below every other carrier. That is bound to affect US' results - esp. since carriers have already noted that Dec. yields were weak because of all the discounting on the east coast.

US hasn't been able to convince DL's creditors to force DL to allow US to perform due diligence despite 2 months since US' first offer and a couple weeks since their heightened offer. The political noise is going to get alot louder in Washington next week as hearings are heard and DALPA will be in Washington in force. US doesn't stand a chance. On top of antitrust issues, DL's creditors that are interested in the long-term viability of the industry know that the kind of debt US is proposing taking on will almost certainly take down DL plus US - and some of DL's creditors are ones that have been burnt twice by US. Washington can see that too. Dougie will be forced to regroup and realize that US' network strategy is just not working - US has had the lowest load factors in the industry for months despite undercutting DL in hundreds of markets on the east coast. CLT is overhubbed which means it can't sustain the capacity it has right now. Oh, and WN will be adding about 40 new flights at PHL in about 6 months.

Cactus739

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:02 am

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 12):
US' load factor for December was the lowest of any of the majors and at least 4 points below every other carrier

Don't put too much importance on load factor.... its what people pay for those seats and how much it costs the airline that matters...
You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

worldtraveler

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:04 am

US has consistently trailed the industry in revenue/ASM; lowest LF and bottom tier revenue production don't combine to produce winning results.

THe only reason US/HP has been able to report profits of the levels it has is because it pays people like you, cactus, some of the industry's lowest wages.

ARGinLON

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 am

Hope we can get their crappy offer to expire and them to just leave DL alone

If I am not wrong, what US offered is close to what DL valued itself as part f the reorganazation plan. I assume you work for DL and that's why you sound so bitter about it?

SLCUT2777

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:40 am

Quoting ARGinLON (Reply 15):
If I am not wrong, what US offered is close to what DL valued itself as part f the reorganazation plan. I assume you work for DL and that's why you sound so bitter about it?

Just over half of it is in recently issued US stock which might be valued at roughly $55.00 (USD) per share, but has a very poor P-E ratio which makes the price VERY volatile. It could drop like a rock very quickly. So there is more risk to this deal than the HP/US Cactus crowd will ever admit. If it were as good as they claim the creditors would have fallen for it and forced DL into negotiations with Parker and company.

steeler83

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:41 am

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 2):
I think they will just ditto they're last official response, being it is a "structurally flawed" business plan:

When I first saw the article in the Pittsburgh Post-gazette...

"Delta Taking Up US Airways Offer"

I thought, "oh crap," but then I read the article, and the above posts are precisely what is discussed in the article, that the airline still has no interest in a US merger, but will look it over. I still don't think they will shake on this.

Man, I wonder if Howie Mandel is paying any attention???  Wink

NO DEAL!

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 12):
and WN will be adding about 40 new flights at PHL in about 6 months.

How do you know that WN will add that many flights in the short term out at PHL. Not that I don't think it will happen or anything; it's just that I haven't heard anything from WN or PHL regarding expansion...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

Cactus739

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:01 pm

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 14):
THe only reason US/HP has been able to report profits of the levels it has is because it pays people like you, cactus, some of the industry's lowest wages.

No need to get personal here. (I don't work for an airline btw....I make a very comfortable living with a very large non-airline company....but that's beside the point.)

All I was saying in my post was that you can't base anything on load factor. Southwest has historically had some of the lowest load factors in the US industry..... but last year they made $499 million... not bad for only filling about 70% of their seats if I remember the numbers correctly.

db373

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Quoting Cactus739 (Reply 13):
Don't put too much importance on load factor.... its what people pay for those seats and how much it costs the airline that matters...

That's true, but with all the other carriers reporting weak yields and dissapointing revenue, I doubt US will be able to report any better, unless all the high yielding customers decided to fly US.....(I will reserve my opinion).

Still, now that Gordon Bethune himself has come out and pretty much said the DL creditors are not all gun-ho for this merge it's going to be a difficult sell by Doug.
Keep Delta My Delta

LCFreeman49

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:30 pm

I think US Airways needs Delta, more than Delta needs US Airways. If Doug and I say if, cannot make this happen I think US Airways will be pigeon holed as a domestic carrier with no advantages at all. They have very few international flights and the ones they have are not top shelf routes.

I am not a Delta employee but fly them frequently and can see the changes happening from the attitude to the service. US Airways is a second rate carrier and that is a fact. The Philadelphia hub is an absolute mess right now and there is nothing being done about it.

I think they should look at their house before they go into someone elses.
Thanks For Flying with Delta....

DL WIDGET HEAD

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Quoting LCFreeman49 (Reply 25):
I think US Airways needs Delta, more than Delta needs US Airways.

I agree with your entire post with one notable exception. DL does not need US at all. US brings nothing to the table for DL except heartache.

jmc1975

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:47 pm

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 26):
US brings nothing to the table for DL except heartache.

And stability to the company for decades to come!

Delta767300ER

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:02 pm

Quote:

Your damn right. The whole "Hostile" takeover pisses me off. They could at least tried to negotiate rather than come in and try to takeover. US Airways will never receive a dime of my money.

KEEP DELTA MY DELTA!

-Delta767300ER

ARGinLON

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:30 pm

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 16):
Just over half of it is in recently issued US stock which might be valued at roughly $55.00 (USD) per share, but has a very poor P-E ratio which makes the price VERY volatile. It could drop like a rock very quickly. So there is more risk to this deal than the HP/US Cactus crowd will ever admit. If it were as good as they claim the creditors would have fallen for it and forced DL into negotiations with Parker and company.

Sure but nothing less than DL proposal which relies 100% on a possible scenario post ch 11.

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 28):
Your damn right. The whole "Hostile" takeover pisses me off. They could at least tried to negotiate rather than come in and try to takeover. US Airways will never receive a dime of my money

Quoting Sunking737 (Reply 11):
Hello to all you DL people, I am behind you 100%.

Keep US Airways away from Delta.

US is screwed up enough right now.

They did not get the IAM contract signed, as they said it would be on Jan.1st.

Management lies to their own employees, so they are lying to you all too.

But stay away from NWA, they are worse then US.

Stay the course and don't merge with anyone.

I still don't get the "Keep DL my DL" thing. OK most of you are DL employees and surely very concern about your jobs but try to take some distance and make more objective views on this issue. It gets boring and makes no sense otherwise

ca2ohHP

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Quoting LCFreeman49 (Reply 25):
The Philadelphia hub is an absolute mess right now and there is nothing being done about it.

Way wrong. If you'd like me to elaborate (as far as nothing being done), please send me a pm...trust me...PHL is the biggest focus, and has already shown remarkable improvement in terms of local baggage drop times and a huge reduction in aircraft damages.

Boeing7E7

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:46 pm

Jist of the conversation:

"Hey, what do you think of Parkers newest bid?"

"He's on crack."

Next.

Quoting Cactus739 (Reply 13):

And your yields are among the lowest in the indusrty. Next.

[Edited 2007-01-20 06:48:22]

Cactus739

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 28):
. They could at least tried to negotiate rather than come in and try to takeover.

Some would consider Dougie's attempts to talk to Delta abouta merger before taking the idea public...an attempt to negotiate.

Quoting Boeing7E7 (Reply 31):
And your yields are among the lowest in the indusrty. Next.

If you're saying I work for US Airways....for the second time let me say I don't....

LCFreeman49

Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Everyone seems to think Doug Parker is this great genius, I am here to tell you he is the second coming of Frank Lorenzo.

What is next, if he gets Delta? Grab NWA? This guy has lost it. I actually respected him with America West but now i see he is no different than any other corporate raider.

Like I said before, all he wants Delta for is are the International routes, that is it. If they are so great, why are they not applying for China Service and maybe going out and getting a couple of 777's or A340's?

Doug knows, if this fails he is screwed because Delta will emerge from Bankruptcy and US Airways will be mostly a domestic carrier with planes that are getting older and nothing new on the horizon. I know they places an order for the A350, but reality is that they have not even begun to build that plane and probably will not be out until 2013, so what happens until then? Our favorite LCC will go down in flames.

Their product is diluted at best. The way they cheapon the branding of their planes with these theme planes. I flew on US Airways a few months ago and they still have not improved in service. The poster said Philadelphia has improved 10 fold, basically. That has not been my experience.

Bottom line, if you want to be an LCC, be an LCC and a true LCC in the sense of the word. Cut everything as low as you can cost wise so you can offer cheap seats, because fact is that is truly what an LCC is.
Thanks For Flying with Delta....

motech722

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:47 pm

It seems that so many people here are against the US/DL proposed merger, but how many of you have actually looked at the plan?

http://www.deltadocket.com/delta_dow...oot/011807_DisclosureStatement.pdf

On page 61 in this document, Delta explains what US Airways proposed, and to be honest, it doesn't look like a terrible plan. In fact, it seems that the primary reason that the BOD is not interested is because they are concerned for their own jobs, which I cannot blame them, but at the same time, I ask everyone, if this possible merger would work out, then what is the problem?

What if the synergies came to be true? The $935-million through network rationalization seems to be a great cost savings.

However, I will give credit to Delta as well, for reasons not to merge. The main point being that US and HP have not completed their smaller merge, so the undertaking of merging potentially 3 airlines at the same time could be disaterous.

However, I will say this much, if this merger is so terrible, why is US even considering it? If this is a potential failure, I would imagine that Parker would not be pursuing it. No one can say that he is just trying to make his mark in history. Airline CEOs come and go, and with this merger proposal, the US BOD is behind him, so they must believe in the plan. So maybe DL should look at this and ask the same question, what is the best interest for the COMPANY, not just for the top management.

Just some ideas.

EvilForce

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:54 pm

Quoting LCFreeman49 (Reply 20):
US Airways is a second rate carrier and that is a fact.

Wrong! That's your opinion.
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

EvilForce

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 pm

Quoting Motech722 (Reply 29):
It seems that so many people here are against the US/DL proposed merger, but how many of you have actually looked at the plan?

If they have looked at it, they are using whichever statistics they find convenient to justify their emotional response to this merger. Such informed statements like, "Dougie's lost it", "Parker is worse than Frank Lorenzo", etc. prove this. If they actually had a solid business case why is shouldn't merge they wouldn't need to resort to such appeals to emotionalism.
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

DLPMMM

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:51 am

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 31):
If they have looked at it, they are using whichever statistics they find convenient to justify their emotional response to this merger. Such informed statements like, "Dougie's lost it", "Parker is worse than Frank Lorenzo", etc. prove this. If they actually had a solid business case why is shouldn't merge they wouldn't need to resort to such appeals to emotionalism.

The plain and simple business case of why DL should, has, and will spurn Mr. Parker's hostile take-over attempt is that the amount paid is too low when adjusted for risk.

The $5Billion is simply additional money borrowed against DL's assets. DL management could do this themselves and give it to the creditors if they wanted to overleverage the company again (the problem that drove them into Chapter 11 in the first place), so this is just Mr. Parker giving the DL stockholders what they already own (this is also known as a Leveraged Buyout or LBO on Wall Street).

The stock portion of Mr. Parker's proposal gives 49% of his shares for a company that is twice his company's size. In addition, his company's shares are highly overvalued at the current time (PE of over 55?) due to the fact that there are alot of sheep-like idiot small investors who believe the press that Mr. Parker orchestrates. The resulting corporation of a take-over would have the highest debt load in the industry.

In addition, the bid by Mr. Parker would result in those creditors who would like to get cash as soon as possible having to wait longer, as the due dilligence and regulatory hurdles to any merger will take an addtitional 6 months to 1 year in Chapter 11 (under the DL plan, the creditors will be able to sell their stakes this spring upon exit from Chapter 11).

The bid will fail because it is no a good financial offer to the creditors. This is why Mr. Bethune stated that Mr. Parker's offer has very little chance of acceptance by the Creditor's Committee.

floridaflyboy

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:52 am

Quoting Motech722 (Reply 29):
I ask everyone, if this possible merger would work out, then what is the problem?

I admit that my reasons for disliking the merger proposal are largely personal. I have been using Delta for my travel forever, and have grown attached to it. Many members of my family do or have worked as pilots for Delta. Plus, being a fan of Boeing Aircraft (strictly my opinion), I would hate to see Delta, an all-Boeing operator, be purchased by an airline that has plans to become an all-airbus operator. It's just hard to accept change. I also have a hard time seeing how the integration process and regulatory approval on such a merger will go smoothly. I am concerned about those two things being bigger than they expect and essentially hurting the company beyond repair.

[Edited 2007-01-20 17:01:00]
Good goes around!

EvilForce

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:12 am

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 33):
I admit that my reasons for disliking the merger proposal are largely personal. I have been using Delta for my travel forever, and have grown attached to it. Many members of my family do or have worked as pilots for Delta. Plus, being a fan of Boeing Aircraft (strictly my opinion), I would hate to see Delta, an all-Boeing operator, be purchased by an airline that has plans to become an all-airbus operator. It's just hard to accept change. I also have a hard time seeing how the integration process and regulatory approval on such a merger will go smoothly. I am concerned about those two things being bigger than they expect and essentially hurting the company beyond repair.

This statement is one of the most honest I've seen. It's ok to not want something because of your own issues ie, it's your employer, you like your elite status, etc.

I would prefer the merger not go thru because I fly to ILM quite often. I don't want only 1 major airline flying there. Does that mean the business case for the merger isn't sound? No. If I knew for a fact that service wouldn't be cut, and fares wouldn't rise under a merger I wouldn't care if it went thru then. Do I begrudge Mr. Parker for trying to takeover another airline? Absolutely not. From a business standpoint I think he's brilliant.

What I find hilarious is those posters who claim they are being neutral yet you can clearly see they are not honest about their true intentions which skewers their credibility.

LawnDart

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:42 am

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 34):
What I find hilarious is those posters who claim they are being neutral yet you can clearly see they are not honest about their true intentions which skewers their credibility.

I have to agree with you, to a point. Many of the posts on here are not neutral, but by definition "neutral" would mean you don't have an opinion one way or the other, and that makes for boring reading.

So, people post mostly because they do have an opinion, and what's interesting is that, in this case, the opinions are usually very strongly pro or against. Even your posts, with key phrases like...

I would prefer the merger not go thru because

If I knew for a fact that service wouldn't be cut, and fares wouldn't rise under a merger I wouldn't care if it went thru then.

I think he's brilliant.

...betray the fact that you are inserting your "personal opinion" into this thread, which skews your credibility as well - towards the in-credible.

In making informed arguements as to whether this merger is good or not, do some research (and EvilForce, I'm not referring to you, personally, but to everyone), and post it with your argument - there is plenty of data out there.

Otherwise, any post you make is based on personal opinion, which is perfectly fine - I do it myself. But for crying out loud, quit with the "that's your personal opinion" cr*p. If it wasn't for personal opinion, 99.999% of the threads on airliners.net would never have existed to begin with!

Charliejag1

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:52 am

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 2):
I think they will just ditto they're last official response, being it is a "structurally flawed" business plan:

Quoting SLCUT2777 (Reply 5):
After 01/30/2007 when the annual earnings report for Hp/US are released, they will likely be below target dropping the value of their stock, so at that time the offer will tank, and Dougie and company will have to go for something else since they won't have enough to go after NW.

Well, at least you're not spinning the issue at all . . .

I have two words for you . . . Gordon Bethune

Don't fire back, just sit tight, we'll find out one way or the other soon enough.

RobertS975

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:05 am

The opinions expressed in most posts are not opinions based on the business aspects of the proposed merger, but based either on employment perspectives or frequent flyer perspectives.

Ultimately, the decisions will be made on the business merits of the proposal.

Delta767300ER

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:06 am

Quote:
I still don't get the "Keep DL my DL" thing. OK most of you are DL employees and surely very concern about your jobs but try to take some distance and make more objective views on this issue. It gets boring and makes no sense otherwise

Well, What do you want me to do? Sit around and say nothing about a Hostile takeover that could be bad for all of us?

-Delta767300ER

ca2ohHP

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:15 am

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 38):
Well, What do you want me to do? Sit around and say nothing about a Hostile takeover that could be bad for all of us?

You know the more I think about it, maybe Parker's plan "B" is actually a marriage with UA. UA's cost structure is closer to US's than it was in 2000. This would give a combined UA/US a clear advantage over a stand alone DL.

WesternA318

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:15 am

Well, my company has just dumped about $275k into US Airways stock, as I know my upper management is dying tosee the currrent DL go by the wayside, hell we're not even allowed to book DL for our business travel out of SLC, it's either on CO, US, and if to London, EOS. Although I don't blame my bosses for such actions, especially with my last DL flight LAS-SLC. US could onlymake that beleaguered and worthless airline something again.
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

Delta767300ER

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:30 am

Quote:
You know the more I think about it, maybe Parker's plan "B" is actually a marriage with UA. UA's cost structure is closer to US's than it was in 2000. This would give a combined UA/US a clear advantage over a stand alone DL.

It could be but who knows. I would have to agree that a UA/US merger would have the advantage over stand alone Delta. Delta would probably try to go after Northwest after that. It seems like we are on pace to having "Ameriflot".  

Quote:
Although I don't blame my bosses for such actions, especially with my last DL flight LAS-SLC. US could onlymake that beleaguered and worthless airline something again

Sorry to hear your problems with Delta Air Lines. How many times have you flown them? In the hundreds of flights I have had with Delta, I have only had minimal problems, 1 cancelled flight, No luggage issues, and rare delays.

-Delta767300ER

[Edited 2007-01-21 02:30:49]

flydreamliner

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:24 am

The thing here is, the creditors need a really good reason to give into this deal, because say that the US deal does pay them out a little bit more now than DL's plan would in the future, indepenent DL is sure to stick with their current creditors, who then look forward to nearly assured future business, so like Boeing, many of these banks make a great deal of money from handling DL's finances and loaning them money, and are interested to make sure that DL stays their customer, this relationship continues, and that DL is healthy and strong in the future.

If they think that the merged DL/US would either take its banking (or any other) business elsewhere, or if they thing this deal will have a strongly adverse impact on the company, its in their interest not to support it.
"Let the world change you, and you can change the world"

Charliejag1

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:36 pm

Quoting FlyDreamliner (Reply 42):
these banks make a great deal of money from handling DL's finances and loaning them money, and are interested to make sure that DL stays their customer, this relationship continues, and that DL is healthy and strong in the future.

Agreed, but the key is will Delta be healthy as a standalone carrier? If the creditors don't think that DL will be able to emerge from bankruptcy soon and successfully, the US plan will be more attractive even if it were a little less money. For the lenders to make money, the borrower has to be able to pay them, and a bankrupt airline is not an ideal debtor.
One of the most attractive parts of the US deal (to the creditors) is that it provides guaranteed money and most likely a successful future.

Also, should this deal go through, I hope it sways Doug to go more Boeing than in the past. US will be forced to due to DL's existing fleet (which is great), but hopefully the Airbus relationship will peter off . . . Ideally, Boeing would ask for some assurance of this as one of the creditors and make it a condition of their acceptance of the takeover.

ca2ohHP

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Quoting Charliejag1 (Reply 43):
Also, should this deal go through, I hope it sways Doug to go more Boeing than in the past. US will be forced to due to DL's existing fleet (which is great), but hopefully the Airbus relationship will peter off . . . Ideally, Boeing would ask for some assurance of this as one of the creditors and make it a condition of their acceptance of the takeover.

Yeah US has a lot of interior issues on the 333, the older 762's are actually more reliable. While the 333's a nice bird, it's no comparrison to the 772.

EvilForce

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 44):
Yeah US has a lot of interior issues on the 333, the older 762's are actually more reliable. While the 333's a nice bird, it's no comparrison to the 772.

Yeah sure  Yeah sure What "interior issues" might that be?  Yeah sure

ca2ohHP

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 45):
What "interior issues" might that be?

F class seat mechanical issues.

WesternA318

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:34 pm

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 41):
Sorry to hear your problems with Delta Air Lines. How many times have you flown them?

In 2006 alone, 122 flights mainline. 2007: 6 mainline
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

SLCUT2777

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:16 pm

Quoting Charliejag1 (Reply 36):
Well, at least you're not spinning the issue at all . . .

I have two words for you . . . Gordon Bethune

Don't fire back, just sit tight, we'll find out one way or the other soon enough.

I'm not going to fire back, with what I've read about Mr Bethune saying anything isn't positive for Parker or HP/US, since he refers to the DL creditors as being a "herd of cats" or something along those lines. The biggest herd of sheep Parker's HP/US (LCC) stock on Wall Street seems to be attracting is the small investor looking at making a quick turn-around and exit. That leads to the current unflattering P-E ratio, and a very high level of share price volatility even in the near term. I can't help but think that is the problem many of these creditors have with this deal more than anything.

gigneil

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:54 am

Quoting Ca2ohHP (Reply 46):
F class seat mechanical issues.

What does that have to do with it being an A330?

Nothing.

NS

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos