DCrawley
Topic Author

Erau @ DAB Reopens With 60 New Aircraft

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:32 am

Picture: Embry Riddle flight school destroyed in Christmas Day tornado reopens for business with 60 new aircraft
SOURCE:Flightglobal.com

Congrats to the school and students! Safe flying!

edit: title

[Edited 2007-01-19 18:33:15]
"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but they'll try to have them fixed before we arrive."

graphic

RE: Erau @ DAB Reopens With 60 New Aircraft

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:38 am

Actually most of them are leased, aren't they? I know they have one of our seminoles for the time being.
Demand Media fails at life

AAflyguy

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:42 am

Yes, beneath the picture in that link, it states most of these planes are leased and are expected to be returned later this year as orders previously placed with Cessna are accelerated for delivery. Still, it's remarkable what was done in 3-weeks time following something so impacting. Great job done by a dedicated team at my Alma Mater!

AAflyguy

DCrawley
Topic Author

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:48 am

Quoting Graphic (Reply 1):
Actually most of them are leased, aren't they? I know they have one of our seminoles for the time being.

I can't confirm, but maybe someone from the school can?

On another note, it seems KFLLCFII posted some news on it yesterday in the older thread that I just found:

ERAU students return to nearly normal campus
"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but they'll try to have them fixed before we arrive."

Mir

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:08 am

Were it not for the patches on some of the buildings and some uprooted trees that are still being cleared, you would never have known that a tornado had been through. The administration did an amazing job getting things up and running again. The fleet has no uniformity to it to speak of, but a plane is a plane, and a little variety in color is always nice.  Smile

Quoting Graphic (Reply 1):
I know they have one of our seminoles for the time being.

Sioux 92 (N292ND) is down here, still in UND colors but without UND markings.

--Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day