falstaff

DTW Planes Fly Over House, What Runway?

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:14 am

All day everyday planes landing at DTW fly right over my house. Sometimes they take off, but that isn't as often. I have often wondered what runway they are lining up for. I have flown directly over my house several times and you can see it from the left side of the plane. I have looked at a map and I think it is 3L21R, or do I have that backwards? I usually see DC-9s, CRJ, 757s, and A319/320s. and a variety of smaller planes. I can't recall ever seeing a wide body flying over. I see heavies flying on approach on the other side of my neighborhood. If you are familiar with the area the planes cross Van Born rd at around Beech Daly and would cross Inkster road about were it meets Ecorse. The planes come in from the northeast and fly over my neighbor's backyard tree and across over the top of the house. My roof can be a good spot for plane watching when the weather is nice.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

dtw9

RE: DTW Planes Fly Over House, What Runway?

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:55 am

21L/3R would be the runway, 21R/3L is usually used for departures as is 22L/4R