SiouxATC
Topic Author

Aviation At The University Of North Dakota

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:40 pm

I have been accepted to the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND. I will be studying Air Traffic Control (maybe a double major along with Aviation Managment). My question is how many UND students do we have here on a.net, and how do you like it? What do you study? Would you reccomend UND for a person wanting a degree in aviation?

Aviacentre

RE: Aviation At The University Of North Dakota

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Hopefully by this time next year I'll be in the same position as you, possibly pursuing the same major. There are quite a few UND students on here, among the most active I know of is burnsie28 and TWA902fly. As far as I know it is a wonderful place to study, and I'm looking to attending the aerospace camp there this summer.

Congratulations on your acceptance and maybe I'll cross your path at UND sometime.

[Edited 2007-01-22 05:57:26]
Proud Graduate of UND Aerospace

burnsie28

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:19 pm

I'm at UND now, and yes to all of the above, I stopped flying but I would recommend it if thats what you really want to do. I'm a marketing major now and stayed here because I like the school a lot and have a lot of great friends, also having hockey around all the time isn't so bad either.

Cory6188

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:27 pm

For starters, congratulations on being accepted. I remember the whole college admissions process, and knowing that there's at least one school out there that wants you is an incredibly relieving feeling.

Don't take this as criticism; I'm only playing devil's advocate, but in my mind, I think that you should attend the best school you possibly can. If UND is that school, that's fantastic, because they offer exactly the programs you want and you will love (well hopefully, at least!) your decision.

However, if you could get into a better school, I would say to go for it. I, along with everyone else here on a.net, have a true passion for airlines and the aviation industry, and I know that there is no other job I would enjoy more than working in the management of an airline. While I could have applied to Embry-Riddle or UND for their aviation management programs, I knew that Dartmouth would have opened far more doors for me in the future. I mean this in no way as criticism of ERAU or UND, but it's just something to think about. And if for whatever reason, a job in the industry doesn't work out for me, I'll have a heck of a lot more to fall back upon in the future.

[Edited 2007-01-22 06:28:35]