brettbrett21

GA Airfields Petition UK

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:45 am

Just received an email from Cabair regarding the Governments decision to potentially use GA airfields for future developments:

Dear Fellow Aviators,

Some of you may recall that earlier this year there was alarm amongst aviators, over the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister's proposals, to classify airfields as brownfield sites for the purposes of planning approval. If carried through, this would mean that any scheme to develop a GA airfield for housing or industrial purposes could be passed with very little regard to its amenity value.

As a result of the earlier outcry by the GA community, the inclusion of airfields in the list was said to be a mistake, and it was promised that the clause would be withdrawn in the final version. You've guessed it, the final version has been released and its still there.

The reaction to the previous move was clearly effective, but everyone with an interest in aviation needs to act now. You can make your voice heard by electronically signing the following petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Airfields/

Its easy to do and will take no more than 2 minutes of your time. If you haven't already, do it now and help to save UK airfields from this threat and John Prescott!

Please copy this message, and paste it into a new email and send it to your friends.

Best regards - Cabair Info
i'm so excited i wish i could wet my pants!

FlyingColours

RE: GA Airfields Petition UK

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:16 am

I've signed, I find it ever so typical of our current goverment to come up with an idea like this.

I'm just happy that my local GA field (Barton) is sort of listed, and is an historical aerodrome.

I just hope more folks here will sign too, after all we all need a place to fly to - no fun trying to fly your C150 into LGW - heck its not fun flying them into MAN....  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

ba757

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:38 pm

I signed it also.

Give this a wee bump.

Adam

LHRjc

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 1):
no fun trying to fly your C150 into LGW - heck its not fun flying them into MAN....

rotfl  Too right  Wink I've signed it too. Thankfully my local airfield of Biggin Hill is safe, although the same can't be said of the ex RAF West Malling in Kent which was sold off and made into a "village".
"Our 319's are very reliable. They get fixed very quickly."