AA737-823
Topic Author

Trouble Finding Flights On Frontier's Site...

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:10 am

Can someone tell me what's up with Frontier? They claim to serve Anchorage seasonally, but I keep looking for a flight this summer, and a page comes up that says they have no flights available on the dates I have selected.
It doesn't matter what dates I select, either.

Does F9 serve ANC or don't they? I know their ticketing area closed recently, but I attributed that to the fact that terminal A in ANC is closed for earthquake-code upgrades...

Anyone know?

mkorpal

RE: Trouble Finding Flights On Frontier's Site...

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:18 am

It worked for me. I tried a few days in June. Although they were expensive, they were there. But the site was working very slow, so I guess it would be a technical problem.

flyboy7974

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:29 am

Had same problem Monday with flights not showing up. Went to look at their timetable that they offer online, and that was from AUG 2006, six months old, so, just gave up trying to find LAX-SFO flights

flyingnanook

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:34 am

I've been having the same issues trying to book from ANC. Remember that Frontier only flies to ANC in summer (June-August and maybe part of May) The thing that worked for me once is to search by schedule instead of price. Also, you could try to do a multicity search, ANC-DEN-wherever-DEN-ANC. That's what worked best for me, and it was priced the same as a normal round trip.

The odd problem that I've been having is trying to do a multicity ANC-LAS, MCI-ANC. It will only pull up flights if I change the rountrip search to schedule, then do the multicity search.

Quoting Mkorpal (Reply 1):
It worked for me. I tried a few days in June. Although they were expensive, they were there.

The flights may seem expensive, but whenever I search, Frontier is always cheaper than anybody else, except maybe America West/US, which are usually about the same.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

mariner

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:43 am

Quoting AA737-823 (Thread starter):
I keep looking for a flight this summer, and a page comes up that says they have no flights available on the dates I have selected.
It doesn't matter what dates I select, either.

I read the thread, went straight to the Frontier website and looked for flights on three different dates - two in June and one in July.

They all came up for me - $508 round trip each.

???

mariner
aeternum nauta