Blasphemystic
Topic Author

US Picks Up Missing Adam Airs Signal

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:05 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/as...1/25/indonesia.plane.ap/index.html

A US ship has located the "black box" flight recorders of the Indonesian plane that went missing on 1 January, the US embassy said.

sorry if its been posted already.

[Edited 2007-01-25 14:07:19]
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. -- Samuel Johnson

OPNLguy

RE: US Picks Up Missing Adam Airs Signal

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:25 pm

The underwater locator beacons (ULBs, or "pingers") on the CVR and DFDR only transmit for about 30 days, so unless they get the wreckage pinpointed and recovered pretty soon the transmissions will cease, making retrieval all the more difficult and maybe even impossible....

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/CVR_FDR.htm

(The pingers are the small silver cylinder-shaped things on the end of each recorder).
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

PanAmOldDC8

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:29 pm

Quoting Blasphemystic (Thread starter):
US ship has located the "black box" flight recorders of the Indonesian plane that went missing on 1 January, the US embassy said.

I hope that you are right for the families especially and to get to the bottom of this mystery. Can't wait for Mandala499 to get back to us with all the facts I just hope that the truth will come out and not some bogus report.
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

mandala499

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:36 am

PanAmOldDC8,
Everyone's been silent on the actual accident, and the focus over the past few days have been political grilling/flaming... One (former) Air Safety Directorate Officer has been rumoured to have asked legal protection (in exchange for testifying).

As to this pinger pickup, the official word is that we have to wait for further details. I do hope that there'll be enough pressure to keep the investigation open instead of everyone hiding behind "confidentiality" that is used as an excuse to keep it buried somewhere...

I am extremely curious as to what caused the accident and also how it happened since none of the pieces found so far made sense, the conspiracies are too easy to fabricate...

I hope they can retrieve it in good time.

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !