Hey gang, I have chosen Boeing (Comercial Airplane Division) to run an Organizational Structure and Strategy paper on. I have to do "Porter's 5 Forces Analysis" on the company and come up with the 1. Industry forces-that effect Boeing 2. Strategic positioning--of Boeing and 3. Positioning of Rivals (Airbus)- barriers faced by Airbus in trying to match Boeing.
Porters 5 forces are
1. Bargaining power of suppliers--on Boeing
2. Bargaining power of customers (buyers)--on Boeing
3. Intensity of Rivalry (with Airbus)
4. Threat of new entry by new airplane manufacturers (probably pretty low!)
5. Threat of substitutes (ex. cars, trains, boats etc..)
I would like ANY and ALL input!!--- If you don't know then fathom a guess and let me know anyway!!