Kunoichi
Topic Author

Chances Of Getting Pre-assigned Seat?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:43 am

Well, I'm flying out tomorrow, on BA10, from SYD, bound for LHR via BKK (and then on to CPH on BA too). When I made the reservation back in June last year, I requested a window seat, and I got 52K on my trip from LHR, all the way to SYD, and 50A from SYD all the way to LHR... so I'm supposed to get seat 50A tomorrow, in other words- it's on my booking and everything.

My question is: How certain is it that I get that seat? How does the system work? I mean, you get the seat before you check in- does the system hold on to it for you?

Thanks in advance  Smile
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

hiflyer

RE: Chances Of Getting Pre-assigned Seat?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:17 am

Probably a 99% shot you will get it.

Why not?

Aircraft change which involves a seat configuration change is a frequent issue. Lots of carriers have different seating configurations among the same type of aircraft...or the aircraft type could change.

Second reason is in an attempt to seat families with small children together you are moved...but that is normally to what is considered a better seat...closer to the front or into an exit row for instance.

Kunoichi
Topic Author

RE: Chances Of Getting Pre-assigned Seat?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:21 am

Quoting Hiflyer (Reply 1):
Second reason is in an attempt to seat families with small children together you are moved...but that is normally to what is considered a better seat...closer to the front or into an exit row for instance.

Thanks for your reply  Smile

This 2nd reason happened on my way to SYD, actually- I was moved from row 52 to 51 to accomodate a family, so I can see what you mean  Smile

Thanks once again!
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"