8herveg
Topic Author

Is There A Business Class On BMI Regional?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:31 am

It says on the bmi website that Business Class is offered on the bmi regional flights, in a 'seperate cabin', but when looking at photos of the cabin on the ERJ aircraft, it just looks like an all economy layout.

Can someone explain please?

AirNZ

RE: Is There A Business Class On BMI Regional?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:44 am

Well, it's certainly offered on the BHD-LHR with separate cabin but that's operated by A320 and A321 aircraft. Afraid I don't know about ERJ though.
Flown:F27/TU134/Viscount/Trident/BAC111/727/737/747/757/767/777/300/310/320/321/330/340/DC9/DC10/Dash8/Shorts330/BAe146

deltairlines

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Quoting 8herveg (Thread starter):
It says on the bmi website that Business Class is offered on the bmi regional flights, in a 'seperate cabin', but when looking at photos of the cabin on the ERJ aircraft, it just looks like an all economy layout.

More than likely it's the same seat, enhanced service. Better service, better drinks, food, etc.

Lite

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:51 am

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 2):
More than likely it's the same seat, enhanced service. Better service, better drinks, food, etc.

Absolutely correct. bmi regional's business class cabin is at the front of the aircraft, and business class essentially means identical seat (width, pitch etc) but passengers are provided with more amenities onboard, lounge access, priority baggage handling, priority check-in, more mileage on frequent flyer programmes etc. Passengers on shorthaul aren't paying for extra comfort, more extra convenience.
LCC Lover Lite

EMBQA

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:57 am

Quoting 8herveg (Thread starter):
but when looking at photos of the cabin on the ERJ aircraft, it just looks like an all economy layout.

No ERJ (E135,140,145) operator worldwide operates a 1st or Business Class. There is just no room. Indigo tried it, but went out of business. Now, when you get up to the E170-E190... that opens up new choices.

[Edited 2007-01-28 18:02:41]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

8herveg
Topic Author

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:58 am

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 2):

Quoting Lite (Reply 3):
Absolutely correct. bmi regional's business class cabin is at the front of the aircraft, and business class essentially means identical seat (width, pitch etc) but passengers are provided with more amenities onboard, lounge access, priority baggage handling, priority check-in, more mileage on frequent flyer programmes etc. Passengers on shorthaul aren't paying for extra comfort, more extra convenience.

I see. So why would bmi state on their website that it is a completly seperate cabin on the bmi regional routes? A little misleading perhaps...?

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 4):
No ERJ (E135,140,145) operator worldwide operates a 1st or Business Class. There is just no room.

Didn't BA have Club Europe on its ERJs from Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol into Europe?

noelg

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:37 pm

You get an enhanced breakfast in business on Regional too - a full English rather than a hot panini.

SNATH

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:09 pm

Quoting Lite (Reply 3):
Passengers on shorthaul aren't paying for extra comfort, more extra convenience.

Well, some airlines do try to give you more comfort on short-haul business class. LH block out the middle seat in their A32X / B73X and turn it into a table, as well as making the seats a bit wider. So, yes, same legroom, but definitely more comfort (i.e., you don't have someone right next to you elbowing you throughout the flight). Additionally, on their CRJs, they actually leave the seat next to you empty, to again avoid having someone right next to you. So again you get more comfort.

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

Lite

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:45 am

Quoting 8herveg (Reply 5):
I see. So why would bmi state on their website that it is a completly seperate cabin on the bmi regional routes? A little misleading perhaps...?

There is a curtain which divides the business class area from the economy class.
LCC Lover Lite

cjh2007

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:51 am

I think most non LCC's have a business class for their inner european, even very short flights...

But be warned... the service you get for your money on any C flight in europe is a joke really... a bad one one

Regards,

Cjh
Is it the kerosene, or is it just me...

8herveg
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:41 am

Quoting Lite (Reply 8):
There is a curtain which divides the business class area from the economy class.

Not on the ERJs I don't think there is.

Someone83

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:34 am

Quoting SNATH (Reply 7):
Well, some airlines do try to give you more comfort on short-haul business class. LH block out the middle seat in their A32X / B73X and turn it into a table, as well as making the seats a bit wider

Most European Airliners do. However on a ERJ-145 is this impossible as it is a 1+2 config

ceo@afg

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:46 am

Flew Aberdeen - Manchester in biz on a ERJ-145 last year, got rerouted on my BGO-CPH-MAN service to BGO-ABZ-MAN due to the SAS strike going on at the time.

The First two or three rows of the ERJ had different seat covers, and there was a curtain dividing the cabins. I think the service further back was buy on board. Up front I was offered afternoon tea with scones aswell as a can of pop. Quite a pleasent experience.

Leg room and seat width was the same however.
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue." Steven McCroskey, Airplane!

noelg

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:43 am

Quoting CEO@AFG (Reply 12):
The First two or three rows of the ERJ had different seat covers, and there was a curtain dividing the cabins. I think the service further back was buy on board. Up front I was offered afternoon tea with scones aswell as a can of pop. Quite a pleasent experience.

For economy pax, BMI Regional offer free hot snacks (when I flew them last year I got a hot panini for breakfast, and tea/cakes for lunch and afternoon tea), with free drinks, including alcohol. It's not buy on board in economy.

BMI Regional have a great product for economy class, I hope it doesn't change.