Kevin777
Topic Author

Whatever Happened To JetBlue And Flyglobespan?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:43 am

Hey all!

Well, basically, what happened with that?

Back in the fall there was a loooong thread on a proposed B6 codeshare, and guesses on the partner spanned from BA over FI to LH. Eventually, Flyglobespan was apparently revealed as the partner, but I haven't heard anything about this since..

Any info is appreciated!

Kevin777  Smile
"I was waiting for you at DFW, but you must have been in LUV" CPH-HAM-CPH CR9

WMUPilot

RE: Whatever Happened To JetBlue And Flyglobespan?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:20 am

Nothing ever announced from the company about a codeshare partner, other than they where looking at options. I never heard anything about us codesharing with Flyglobespan. Where is the link to this supposed announcement?
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

B6WNQX

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 am

They had a few foriegn carriers doing marketing for their flights to JFK that would give them so many TrueBlue points or a certain price if they flew B6 in the US.

In the cc yesturday, David said that an announcement about codeshares will come in the "not too distant future" and that they were having some snags with the software programming to allow whatever they were going to do, be it full codeshare, frequent flier, etc...

Hopefully they will have some things rolled out by the end of Q1 so that they could get some extra business for the summer months, as if many carriers need it during those months, but it should help. David also mentioned that it would not start out to be a very big contributor to their business at first but in a few years it could be a very valuable and succesful program.

Hope this helps.

Kevin777
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Quoting WMUPilot (Reply 1):
Where is the link to this supposed announcement?

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...general_aviation/read.main/3060369

More specifically, from A330 (reply 76):

"The airline is FlyGlobespan, who has changed it's LPL-EWR flight to JFK in order to start the code-share.
Also the GLA-BOS flight will see codeshare with JetBlue."

But he never came up with a source though...

Kevin777
"I was waiting for you at DFW, but you must have been in LUV" CPH-HAM-CPH CR9

CaptLockheed

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:23 pm

Quoting B6WNQX (Reply 2):
They had a few foriegn carriers doing marketing for their flights to JFK that would give them so many TrueBlue points or a certain price if they flew B6 in the US

MAXjet (or maybe Eos, can't remember which) is offering fly with us and get a Jetblue ticket anywhere in the us free..