SKY1
Topic Author

It's Sure: IB To Serve BOS, IAD + DME Twice A Day

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:31 am

Manuel López, Iberias' sales manager commented to the Spanish Aviation Magazine Avion Revue that IB will serve both, Washington and Boston.

IB will decide next days what will be done in first place, IAD or BOS. Anyway, next year 2008, IB will serve IAD and BOS. Also the Spanish carrier will have a new 340-600 aircraft in April according to IB sales manager (at the end, that rumor was true  Wink )

On the other hand, he assured a second daily Madrid-Moscow flight, scheduled from next June.

In Spanish, literally he said: estamos a la espera de tomar la decisión definitiva [de volar a Washington o Boston] coincidiendo con la llegada, el próximo mes de Abril de un nuevo A340-600 (...) Lo que está totalmente confirmado es el segundo vuelo diario Madrid-Moscú a partir del próximo mes de Junio.

Starting third of March, IB will flight OTP twice weekly as well.
Time flies! Enjoy life!

Avianca

RE: It's Sure: IB To Serve BOS, IAD + DME Twice A Day

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:37 am

Quoting SKY1 (Thread starter):
Starting third of March, IB will flight OTP twice weekly as well.

will made a twice weekly service sence? they should offer a daily service, as I understand the Rumanion comunity in Spain is growing a lot + there is a good potential for conections to SouthAmerica
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

commavia

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 am

I don't know how Iberia thinks they are ever going to be successful in the MAD-BOS/IAD markets. Perhaps I'll be proved wrong, but I just don't see either working -- they are just too narrow of markets to/from Spain.

Both markets could provide a little bit of feed from AA: BOS provides DFW, ORD, LAX, SFO, LGA, YYZ, RDU and BGR, while IAD would get DFW, ORD and LAX. But not a single one of those markets -- with the exception of BGR, which probably provides a grand total of 5 O&D passengers to MAD per year, and LGA, which shares its market with JFK, don't already have online, same-ticket connections available to MAD via the existing AA/IB codeshare. Given this, is the O&D from either of these markets really there to support these flights? I don't think so.

Personally, I think IB would be more successful in using these aircraft to start flying from Barcelona to JFK and/or Miami, perhaps JFK in the summer and Miami in the winter, or launch a flight to Asia -- maybe Tokyo for the O&D if they can get the slots or Hong Kong for the CX/oneworld connections.

SKY1
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:10 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 1):

will made a twice weekly service sence?

For starting, I think so.

Rememeber also Tarom serves MAD and AZ provides a good connection between Madrid and Romania.

Quoting Avianca (Reply 1):
there is a good potential for conections to SouthAmerica

Umm, did you say from OTP to South America??

Quoting Commavia (Reply 2):
I don't know how Iberia thinks they are ever going to be successful in the MAD-BOS/IAD markets

IB is pretty conservative to open new destinations. Manuel López also said they have good marketing figures to assure that IAD and BOS will work well. (I may give you the link in Spanish)

I think IB would be more successful in using these aircraft to start flying from Barcelona to JFK and/or Miami,

Madrid's T4 is the Iberia's main hub.

They don't want starting any Intercontinental flight to/from BCN or to Asia from MAD.

UX was the last one to try a MAD-Asia flight. Unfortunatley, right now and just like IB said, there is not yield to fly Far East from MAD/BCN non-stop.

The exception is TG on the MAD-BKK-MAD non-stop.
Time flies! Enjoy life!

Avianca

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:14 am

I don't know how Iberia thinks they are ever going to be successful in the MAD-BOS/IAD markets. Perhaps I'll be proved wrong, but I just don't see either working -- they are just too narrow of markets to/from Spain.

Both markets could provide a little bit of feed from AA: BOS provides DFW, ORD, LAX, SFO, LGA, YYZ, RDU and BGR, while IAD would get DFW, ORD and LAX. But not a single one of those markets -- with the exception of BGR, which probably provides a grand total of 5 O&D passengers to MAD per year, and LGA, which shares its market with JFK, don't already have online, same-ticket connections available to MAD via the existing AA/IB codeshare. Given this, is the O&D from either of these markets really there to support these flights? I don't think so.

Personally, I think IB would be more successful in using these aircraft to start flying from Barcelona to JFK and/or Miami, perhaps JFK in the summer and Miami in the winter, or launch a flight to Asia -- maybe Tokyo for the O&D if they can get the slots or Hong Kong for the CX/oneworld connections.

doesnt have BOS a relative big Spanish comunity? On the other side a flight to HKG sounds intresting due all the conections that CX could provide and IB code-share on it. But the Spain-Asia market is relativ thin and already good served via all other european hubs.

Avianca

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:17 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 3):
Umm, did you say from OTP to South America??

yes correct, there is even cargo moved that could give IB some money, specially into Colombia and Venezuela (Renault - Dacia comes in my mind)

MAH4546

RE: It's Sure: IB To Serve BOS, IAD + DME Twice A

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:22 am

I don't know how Iberia thinks they are ever going to be successful in the MAD-BOS/IAD markets.

Agreed. BOS-MAD could work with a 757, though, IMO.

Quoting Avianca (Reply 4):
doesnt have BOS a relative big Spanish comunity?

No. They have a large Portuguese community, mainly for the Azores.

estamos a la espera de tomar la decisión definitiva [de volar a Washington o Boston] coincidiendo con la llegada, el próximo mes de Abril de un nuevo A340-600 (...) Lo que está totalmente confirmado es el segundo vuelo diario Madrid-Moscú a partir del próximo mes de Junio.

That does not confirm they are going to fly to Boston and Washington. It confirms they are going to make a descission soon about flying to either one. Nowhere does he say that they will definitley be flying to Boston and/or Dulles. I still believe they won't.

The A340 is way too big an aircraft to be profitably flying Boston-Madrid outside of July/August. And, for whatever reason it is, secondary European airlines, like bmi, Swiss, Spanair, and Alitalia, have never been able to make Dulles work. Iberia likely will face the same situation. They have enough trouble profitably filling up Chicago-Madrid, and that's a huge oneWorld hub.

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 3):

The exception is TG on the MAD-BKK-MAD non-stop.

Air China flies Madrid-Beijing, non-stop.

[Edited 2007-02-01 03:27:31]
a.

EddieDude

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:27 am

Personally, I think IB would be more successful in using these aircraft to start flying from Barcelona to JFK and/or Miami

As SKY1 mentioned, IB is no longer interested in flying long haul from BCN. While I agree a non-stop BCN-JFK with IB would be great, this won't happen.

or launch a flight to Asia -- maybe Tokyo for the O&D if they can get the slots or Hong Kong for the CX/oneworld connections

Well, JL will also be a oneworld carrier, so the connections argument would work for NRT too. However, obtaining the slots would be complicated. Besides, again, as SKY1 mentioned, I don't think there are good yields to be obtained right now in MAD-Asia non-stops by IB.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

commavia

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:29 am

I agree with/understand what several others have said about the Madrid/Spain-Asia nonstop market -- it may well be too soft right now to support nonstop flights on a regular/year-round basis. However, my thinking was somewhat predicated on the notion that perhaps if Iberia was able to develop even a minimal amount of O&D demand for Spain-Asia, perhaps they could use their new Madrid T4 hub to channel passengers from South America onto the Asia flights, and develop Madrid as an Argentina/Brazil/Columbia/Ecuador-Asia nexus.

Just a thought, but I agree that it likely won't happen anytime soon, if ever.  Smile

Avianca

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:34 am

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 7):
I don't think there are good yields to be obtained right now in MAD-Asia non-stops by IB.

but arent ticket prices from spain to asia very expensive? at least it was till 2 year ago due the limited seats offered on the market...

Quoting Commavia (Reply 8):
Madrid T4 hub to channel passengers from South America onto the Asia flights, and develop Madrid as an Argentina/Brazil/Columbia/Ecuador-Asia nexus.

yes, specially from Colombia and Ecuador.... as they have currently limited service, Argentina and Brazil have already better conections as more European carrier are online to these two countrys, anyway complete SouthAmerica could help to fill up the flights...

SKY1
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:42 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 4):
But the Spain-Asia market is relativ thin and already good served via all other european hubs

checkmark 

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 6):
That does not confirm they are going to fly to Boston and Washington.

Yes, according to Avion revue interviewing Manuel López Colmenarejo the right answer is "yes":

Manuel López, Iberias' sales manager commented to the Spanish Aviation Magazine Avion Revue that IB will serve both, Washington and Boston.

Like I see you can read Spanish, you can see the magazine, February issue. (I saw Avion Revue at the States)

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 6):
Air China flies Madrid-Beijing, non-stop.

That flight is only 2 months ago. And by now, loads are very poor.

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 7):
As SKY1 mentioned, IB is no longer interested in flying long haul from BCN.

That's for sure.

Other European airlines, specially AF and LH take many BCN pax to fly Intercontinental; Exception one more time:South America.
Time flies! Enjoy life!

MAH4546

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:52 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 10):

Yes, according to Avion revue interviewing Manuel López Colmenarejo the right answer is "yes":

I assume you can obviously read Spanish better than I can, but I've spoken Spanish since I was a kid, and from the quote you have given us, it says nowhere that they are definitley flying to Boston or Washington. It simply says that they are "waiting to decide" on flying to one. Nothing else. Of course, the full article might say something else, but the quote doesn't say that, or I could possibly be missing something in the gist of the translation.

I think it is pretty likely that they won't be flying to Boston or Washington soon.
a.

SKY1
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 11):
It simply says that they are "waiting to decide" on flying to one.

...on flying to one this next April, to follow with tha another one next year  Wink ...all according to the IB Sales Manager, M. López.

Mr. López also said: lo que si puedo avanzar es que las estimaciones que hemos realizado para los dos destinos son muy similares, y esto es muy positivo porque significa que, con toda probabilidad, vamos a abrir las dos rutas; este año una, y en 2008 otra

Con toda probabilidad= with all kind of possibility (if you have a better translation try yourself since Spanish is my first language)
Time flies! Enjoy life!

MAH4546

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 12):
.on flying to one this next April, to follow with tha another one next year Wink ...all according to the IB Sales Manager, M. López.

They can't fly there in April. Spain-US doesn't have Open Skies. They haven't even applied for the route.

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 12):
Con toda probabilidad= with all kind of possibility (if you have a better translation try yourself since Spanish is my first language)

"Con toda probabilidad" means "likely" anyway you put it. It does not mean "definitiva", and it certainly is not definite.
a.

SKY1
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 pm

hahaha ...this looks like a grammar thread, instead civil aviation.

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 13):
Con toda probabilidad" means "likely" anyway you put it

likely means "probablemente", which indicates a bigger vagueness than "con toda probabilidad". Ask to any Spanish language teacher  Wink

This Sales Manager is saying IB will fly IAD/BOS with a 99% of probability.

According my English-Spanish dic. con toda probabilidad means in English "in all likelihood"
Time flies! Enjoy life!

AlitaliaMD11

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Any ideas as to were the A340-600 is coming from? Will she be factory fresh or coming from another airline?
No Vueling No Party

MAH4546

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 14):

According my English-Spanish dic. con toda probabilidad means in English "in all likelihood"

In English, "in all likelihood" and "likely" are pretty much the same thing. They are used interchangeably. The fact that I was pointing out was that nowhere does it say it is definite.

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 14):
hahaha ...this looks like a grammar thread, instead civil aviation.

Ha, kind of true. Let's get back to non-grammar.
a.

airbazar

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:50 pm

If they market it correctly I think BOS could work although I'm a bit skeptical.
I hoped TP would enter BOS before IB but it's looking unlikely. MAD is pretty well located as a hub to Southern Europe. I see the route mostly as a leisure market with a lot of passengers using it to get to Spain, Italy and the South of France. There are virtually no social or economic links between New England and Spain, that is why I think they're going after the passengers traveling to/from the above mentioned countries.

Aisak

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Quoting AlitaliaMD11 (Reply 15):
ny ideas as to were the A340-600 is coming from? Will she be factory fresh or coming from another airline?

One from AF and another one from VS

Fermarta

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:15 pm

Boston is already confirmed. Starting in May 5x weekly with A343.
Otros vendrán que bueno te harán

BostonBeau

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:23 pm

Iberia used to serve Boston in the 70s with a daily DC-10 from Madrid. The flight continued somewhere (I believe Philadelphia, but I could be wrong). There was an incident in 1973 in which the aircraft overran the runway on landing. No one was injured/killed, but the ruined plane sat at the airport for quite a while.

AlitaliaMD11

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:43 pm

Quoting Aisak (Reply 18):
One from AF and another one from VS

Air France only operates A340-300's and I doubt Virgin is getting rid of any of their A340-600's.

I think those are the A340's going to Air Comet, no?
No Vueling No Party

clrd4t8koff

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:03 am

Quoting Fermarta (Reply 19):

Generally I would prefer to see your source, but I do believe that BOS will be the first choice. Smaller (or I guess you could say 2nd tier) European airlines like Aer Lingus, Swiss, Sabena (when they were around) have all been successful at making BOS work. I belive Iberia, with the right marketing and timing of flights for connections, can make BOS work also.

Fermarta

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 am

Quoting Clrd4t8koff (Reply 22):
Generally I would prefer to see your source,

Iberia intranet.

bagoldex

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:19 am

Any guess on when a public announcement might come?

MAH4546

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Fermarta (Reply 23):

Iberia intranet.

I'm shocked. Guess I was wrong. I wish Iberia luck if this is true, they need it.
a.

IAD380

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:58 am

I could find no confirmation on IB's website in either English or Spanish that the airline is starting flights between MAD and BOS in May. The online timetable for June has flights between the two cities connecting at JFK.

SKY1
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:01 am

Boston is already confirmed

I was right Big grin

Starting in May 5x weekly with A343.

Then, within few moths, IAD will be confirmed

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 25):
Guess I was wrong.

Maybe IB is pretty optimistic with those new destinations. But also remember IB is a very very conservative carrier when the open new routes subject comes from.

They must have a very good reason in the marketing department to open those 2 new destinations. Otherwise, Iberia doesn't get risk.
Time flies! Enjoy life!

IAD380

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:42 am

The website for IB does not confirm your claim that five weekly flights from MAD to BOS on an A343 start in May. Nor does the website mention IB flights to IAD. Only one daily flight to DME is loaded into IB's online timetable. The website only confirms that IB is starting twice weekly flights to ALG and OTP.

Fermarta

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:44 am

(In Spanish):
http://www.eleconomista.es/empresas-...nos-internacionales-de-Iberia.html

Felix Garcia Viejobueno, Iberia Customer Service Director, has announced Iberia's new destinations, Boston and Bucarest at FITUR (International Tourist Fair).
Bucarest will start 2x weekly and will go 3x from the end of March.
Boston 5x weekly from May.
Iberia will fly to IAD "but not now" and in the future will also fly to the West Coast, probably SFO.
DME goes twice daily.
Flights to Brazil 19x weekly.
SJO will go daily.

SKY1
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:51 am

Quoting Fermarta (Reply 29):
Iberia will fly to IAD "but not now" and in the future will also fly to the West Coast, probably SFO.

I wonder why not LAX  Confused
Time flies! Enjoy life!

JJJ

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:54 am

LAX or SFO it's all the same, I will believe it when I see it.

Fermarta

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:59 am

Quoting IAD380 (Reply 28):
Only one daily flight to DME is loaded into IB's online timetable

Well, new flight is already available at Iberia.com, it is also at amadeus.net:

From June 1st:

IB3808 MAD-DME 2345 0635+1 A319
IB3809 DME-MAD 0725 1035 A319

bagoldex

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:12 am

Poor quality translation from google, but it makes the point

Madrid, 1 feb (EFECOM). - Iberia will have flights between Madrid and Bucharest and Boston, from the 3 of March, and principles of May respectively. These new international passages are united to already initiated to Algiers and Gibraltar by the Spanish company. The airline took advantage of Fitur to announce these passages, that will count on five weekly frequencies in the case of the American locality, and of two to three weeklies in the route to the Rumanian capital. The Director of Relation with the Clients of Iberia, Felix Garci'a Viejobueno, indicated not at the moment that also he is studying to open a route with short term Washington, “although”, and that about the future thinks to bet by the coast the American west, possibly with San Francisco. On the other hand, Garci'a Viejobueno announced that they are going away to increase frequencies with several Latin American countries, with 19 flights to Brazil, newspaper to Costa Rica and increase from frequencies to Guatemala and Panama. Also he will duplicate his supply to Moscow. The election of Boston must, according to Iberia, to that there is much traffic of businesses between that state of the United States, Massachussets, and Spain, since as it indicated Garci'a Viejobueno, “we are one of the buying main countries of two seafood like the stroke and vieira”. But not only it is by that gastronomical delight, but also because the industralists and the college students use, since in the zone of Massachussets Boston are five important universities, and is one of the more important financial capitals of the United States. As far as Bucharest, the traffic is considered every greater time between countries both, since during 2006 30,000 people made tourism in Rumania. Iberia anticipates to have a good business with the amount of Rumanians who arrive at Spain like immigrants, that has forts colonies established in different Spanish cities, as it is the case of Alcala de Henares (Madrid) where are about 15,000 rumanos.EFECOM

IAD380

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:22 am

Thank you for posting the article. Maybe IB will update its website soon to announce its new flights to BOS and DME. The article says that IB is studying whether to open a route to IAD in the near future, but not right now. It also states that IB is thinking about setting up a station on the west coast of the United States in the future, possibly at SFO.

I am pleased that IB is adding new destinations in North America. IB will become the seventh European airline to fly to BOS at the present time. As a result, BOS once again will emerge as a major gateway for flights between the United States and Europe. I live in the Washington area, so I hope that IB actually starts flying to IAD, and it will succeed where UA and UX failed. I think that IB should complete its expansion into North America by starting flights to a west coast destination and YYZ. As a result, IB could become the European airline with the strongest presence throughout the western hemisphere. After that, it could concentrate on Asia, and emerge as a global carrier.

B752OS

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:36 am

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...c783c70110VgnVCM100000930216ac____

I took that from the IB website. This is good news for BOS, another European destination and carrier to go along with another year of increased passenger numbers (Less than 10,000 from having the biggest year ever). The article mentions that the flights will be timed so that passengers can connect to several cities through Spain and Europe.

[Edited 2007-02-01 20:40:19]

KLM685

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:40 am

Good News for IB, IAD and BOS! A new sight for spotters up there.

[quote=SKY1,reply=10]Avion revue[/quote

Although I wish Iberia good luck in it's US expansion plans, Avion Revue characterizes for being highly inaccurate in some facts (just some, it's a nice magazine that I buy sometimes). Avion Revue always has that kind of inteview where big CEOs talk about their plans about their company. I wouldn't rely too much on the info actually being confirmed on a magazine such as Avion Revue. Lots of big people have been on display in the magazine saying bla bla bla and nothing really happens. But i'm sure it's a good view of what IB is wanting to do.
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

gigneil

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:28 am

Quoting KLM685 (Reply 36):
Good News for IB, IAD and BOS!

I would go so far as to say no, this is horrible news for IB.

Good for IAD and BOS, tho.

NS

jfk777

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:45 am

If Iberia were to go to Asia Hong Kong would be the obvious destination with Cathay as a ONEWORLD partner. HKG is in the center of ASia with proximity to Japan and Australia. For the US west coast LAX, with the Mexican community in southern California and AA's presence at LAX would be better then SFO.

SKY1
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:08 am

If in the mid-2008 IB is serving IAD, BOS and SFO or LAX, IB will become an European leader to fly the Americas (I'm saying the Americas)

They are on the right path, getting bigger, being profitable, though IB will not fly Asia, not at least in the short-mid term.

Quoting KLM685 (Reply 36):
Avion Revue characterizes for being highly inaccurate in some facts

I've never seen nothing inaccurate in Avion Revue, KLM685. The worst about this magazine is they speak a lot of military, helicopter gunship and space/satellite issues ...but about civil aviation, they have a smaller section.
Time flies! Enjoy life!

boeingbus

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:31 am

From the Boston Globe:

"Logan International Airport said this morning that nonstop service to Madrid will begin on May 6 on Spanish national airline Iberia.

Logan spokesman Phil Orlandella said the service will run five days a week on Airbus A340s, which typically carry about 320 passengers. Flights will leave Boston for Madrid at 6:40 p.m. Orlandella said it was not yet clear which five days the flights will operate.

Madrid will become the 35th nonstop international destination from Logan, whose operator, the Massachusetts Port Authority, has been working aggressively over the last year to expand international service.

Earlier this week Flyglobespan, a Scottish discount carrier, said it would begin twice-weekly service from Logan to Ireland West Airport in Knock, County Mayo, a city that has never had regularly scheduled trans-Atlantic service from Boston or any other U.S. cities. Iberia's website this morning did not yet list any nonstop flights from Boston to Madrid or fares.
(By Peter J. Howe, Globe staff)"

This is amazing news! Yippeee!!!
Airbus or Boeing - it's all good to me!

IberiaA319

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:46 am

Schedule will be:

IB6261 - daily except Thursdays and Saturdays:

dep. MAD: 1.25 pm
arr. BOS: 3.40 pm

IB6260 - daily except Thursdays and Saturdays:

dep. BOS: 6.20 pm
arr. MAD: 7.20 am (next day)

These flights now available for sale. The special launch fare is 461 Eur return + taxes. on IB.com (May)

IAD380

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:47 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 39):
IB will not fly Asia, not at least in the short-mid term.

Probably not. IB launched MAD-BOM-NRT in the mid-1980s. The route was unprofitable, and IB suspended it after operating it for a short time. IB has not returned to Asia although JL, CA, TG, and SQ entered the Spanish market with varying degrees of success.

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 39):
If in the mid-2008 IB is serving IAD, BOS and SFO or LAX . . .

Add to YYZ the list. Flying to Canada means that IB's network would include one of the larger countries in the western hemisphere.

mk777

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:55 am

I think IB would do well from BOS or IAD (wherever they decide to fly from) if they had an onward flight to DEL or BOm and other asian destinations.

I can see there would be a market in india for spanish destinations and I am sure Indians in the USA wouldn't mind connecting via MAD or BCN  Smile
come fly with me

bagoldex

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:17 am

Perhaps you should have actually read the above posts, they announced Boston yesterday

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos