twolz2rn

Will DL Add New European Routes This Fall?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 pm

I was looking around the DL website and found that they are hiring language qualified F/A's for Arabic, Czech, Danish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Korean, Romanian, Swedish and Ukrainian. I understand them all but Swedish. Is DL planning to start operations to ARN or would they hire them for flights to CPH since it is so close to Sweden or maybe just to have around?

Thanks

fewsolarge

RE: Will DL Add New European Routes This Fall?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:07 pm

That's an interesting question. With the bridge open, CPH has become an airport for Southwest Sweden as well, so having Swedish-speaking flight attendants would be a customer service plus. But would that be enough to prompt Delta to go to the length of language qualification hiring? I say what tips the scale is that it is a prelude to ARN service in 2008. It's a station they served for years, and one of the most glaring voids in their European network.

twolz2rn

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:01 am

When did DL stop serving ARN?

worldtraveler

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:08 am

Scandanavia is pretty compact and DL has had Swedish speakers since many of the Pan Am people joined DL. Even if DL doesn't serve Sweden it never hurts to have speakers from countries other than that of the destination country on the flight. I have been on many flights where DL has had additional speakers and it only helps to add a more global feel to the flight - and more often than not there are passengers that speak that language.

I still would expect DL to begin ARN service next summer (08) with the 757 from JFK - possibly w/ a 767 from ATL if they can swap enough existing 767 flights to 757s.

Neither DL or other airlines typically add flights to Europe after the peak summer period.

klwright69

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:20 am

It is probably eventual that DL will serve ARN...

But I think ARN is not a big market.

Malaysian, CO, US, and SK. Could it support another carrier?

LHboyatDTW

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:27 am

I for one would love to see DL return to ARN. Though I've always wondered if either CO or DL have the guts to fly into GOT. I think a 757 EWR-GOT would work out quite nicely, but hey a 767 doesn't sound bad either.  scratchchin 
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

Evan767

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:51 am

I would think DL would want to serve WAW and LED before ARN, but you never know with Delta. The could pull another VIE/PRG/PSA/ICN/DXB combo with us with something like WAW/LED/ARN/GLA/LYS. That's what I can only hope for though!
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

deltadawg

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:13 am

While ARN is not out of the question for '08, don't forget Africa and Asia. They are definitely shooting for a Chinese route but they may be able to pull out and support a JFK-NBO or more as I suspect next year they will start to concentrate on LAX - pacific rim destinations like BKK, HKG(again), KUL, etc.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

Evan767

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 7):
may be able to pull out and support a JFK-NBO

As much as I'd love to see it, I think a 777 would be better utilized elsewhere. Maybe ATL-CMN-NBO??
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

LTU932

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:28 am

My only wish is that DL will eventually re-start service to HAM, only this time from ATL and not JFK, since NYC-HAM is already served by EK out of JFK and CO from EWR.

DAL767400ER

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:24 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 9):
My only wish is that DL will eventually re-start service to HAM, only this time from ATL and not JFK

Must've read my mind  Silly .

Sukhoi

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:42 am

Quoting Klwright69 (Reply 4):
It is probably eventual that DL will serve ARN...

But I think ARN is not a big market.

Malaysian, CO, US, and SK. Could it support another carrier?

MH,CO and SK flies to EWR, US to PHL and SK to ORD a flight to ATL with DL would be awesome with all the connections that are available there but DL to JFK from ARN no to much competition.

worldtraveler

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:22 am

For 2008, DL will have 13 757s, 5 764s, and 2 777LRs for expansion - that's alot of places to add new service.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos