LAXspotter
Topic Author

US Carriers With Most International Destinations

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:31 pm

I was wondering which of the 6 main US airlines have the most extensive international routes. I believe its Contiental Airlines or Delta, but how do United, American, US airways or Northwest compare.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

DesertAir

RE: US Carriers With Most International Destinations

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:59 pm

From what I have been reading on this web site and in the newspapers, it seems to me that DL has the most with planes to Europe. AA has an extensive route system into Latin America and has built up significant European routes from Chicago, JFK and DFW.

BigGSFO

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:44 am

I beleive CO promotes itself as serving the most international destinations. I am too lazy to count. Not sure if they carry the most international passengers though.

MAH4546

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:48 am

Quoting DesertAir (Reply 1):
AA has an extensive route system into Latin America and has built up significant European routes from Chicago, JFK and DFW.

Unfortunately, they haven't, even though last year they were the largest US airline to Europe, they only serve a handful of European cities from Chicago, New York City, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles, Boston, and Raleigh.

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 2):
I beleive CO promotes itself as serving the most international destinations. I am too lazy to count. Not sure if they carry the most international passengers though.

CO does have the most destinations, IIRC, but AA carries the most international passengers, thanks to their extensive Caribbean/Latin America network and the limited use of RJs on international services south of the border. AA carriers more passengers to Mexico than CO, despite having only about 60% the destinations.
a.

COSPN

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:27 am

CO serves most International Destinations..but less pax...

Thousands are not lined up to fly to Bali, Yap or the Marshall Islands in the Pacific,
or many Factory towns in Mexico...but CO gets people where the want or need to go...